Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL proctoring and JAVA
So I am using a new MAC and am relatively new to the MAC world. While going to schedule a final today with SL I get this error,

ERROR: No Adobe Flash Player detected. Webcam.js relies on Flash for browsers that do not support getUserMedia (like yours).

Does this mean I do not have flash installed or is there somewhere I need to go in Setting/Security and check a box to fix this. I figured there would be some MAC users on here that might know the answer quicker than I could get help from ProctorU.

Edited to add, I went to download it and it says it's installed but security only allows it on some websites or something of that nature. Now I'm wondering if there is a way to turn it on all the time for use with ProctorU so this isn't an issue during the test.
what browser are you using

flash is junk
browsers don't support flash anymore because it is a well know security risk
anybody site that requires you to install it is junk
I'm a windows person but hopefully this works for you

For Mac OS X 10.8 and above
1.Open Safari, and choose Safari > Preferences. Note: ...
2.Click the Security tab. Ensure that Enable JavaScript and Allow Plug-ins are selected. ...
3.Select Adobe Flash Player. From the When visiting other websites menu, choose Allow.

Here's some more info: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202819

I always used Firefox for SL exams. You can just do a quick enable adobe flash player on ???? search for whatever browser you're using.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
I would recommend downloading Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, one or the other will work fine for you.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Using Safari, but am about to download and start using FireFox since that's what I was used to on the Windows laptop. I did get the issue fixed, however now it seems there's an issue with getting signed up with ProctorU. It appears when I created my ProctorU account to take a TESU TECEP with the email I registered, it's getting rejected while trying to sign up with SL and taking the final. The guys at ProctorU say it's a SL issue and that's I'll have to contact them. Unfortunately, it seems their live chat support isn't open today which sucks as I was planning to pay the fee to knock out the class today to keep moving on. Also, I won't be signing up for another class until the issue is resolved as I'd hate to be out any money on something that can't be fixed, although I'm sure there is some sort of resolution. Thanks again for the help, when I do finally finish I'll owe everyone on here one big thank you again.

Edited to add: Appears everything is good to go. Neither company knows how to get rid of the error it seems, but I'm at least good to go and take the test. I wish at some point SL would switch to RPnow, but it seems that's wishful thinking.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith proctoring rachel83az 23 4,056 08-06-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: shaas
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,211 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online proctoring and Linux? mahaganapati 4 1,319 02-20-2022, 07:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com: Computer Science 115: Programming in Java transfer to TESU onlinelearner99 2 872 07-29-2021, 04:00 PM
Last Post: tallpilot
  Flash, RPNow / PSI, & Proctoring rachel83az 0 703 08-18-2020, 08:48 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  computer science 115 intro to java study.com Zachcleigh 4 1,788 02-15-2020, 01:12 AM
Last Post: Zachcleigh
  Free Exam Proctoring dharmastudios 2 1,344 12-11-2019, 04:41 PM
Last Post: dharmastudios
  Study.com webcam/proctoring software question AwardTour 16 4,904 09-28-2019, 03:38 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Shmoop Proctoring COSC Kalopsia 3 1,088 06-12-2019, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Kalopsia
Smile proctoring (shmoop, aleks, sofia) algebra amberwalk 11 3,261 03-12-2019, 09:49 PM
Last Post: suzycupcake