Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School won't accept sdc, sl, Sophia
Hey guys! So I'm looking for input on a situation for a friend. He is needing to take 9 units at an accredited school this term. He's attending a 4 year school but there's an issue so he can't finish the term and worn get credits.  The school head registrar told us he can transfer classes in from a regionally accredited school, but they won't take sdc, Sophia, or SL cuz they arent accredited even though they are by ace.  I'm trying to hear back about tecep through tesu and if he took those how the transcript reads. We were hoping for sdc or something cuz they are self paced etc and not expensive. Anyone have any input???? Ideas???
Asu? https://ea.asu.edu/ ?
(04-16-2020, 01:35 PM)Sb2013 Wrote: Hey guys! So I'm looking for input on a situation for a friend. He is needing to take 9 units at an accredited school this term. He's attending a 4 year school but there's an issue so he can't finish the term and worn get credits.  The school head registrar told us he can transfer classes in from a regionally accredited school, but they won't take sdc, Sophia, or SL cuz they arent accredited even though they are by ace.  I'm trying to hear back about tecep through tesu and if he took those how the transcript reads. We were hoping for sdc or something cuz they are self paced etc and not expensive. Anyone have any input???? Ideas???
Does the school want a grade attached to the transcripts? TECEP (I think) only puts CR when you pass them. Excelsior's exams put letter grades.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Teceps could work. they come in as pass/fail to grading. But other than that they look identical to those of a university or a course taken at TESU. You would have to ask the university if they accept pass/fail grade.

https://outlier.org/ is another good option but they only have psychology and calculus

Arizona state earned admissions could be good.

Finally, if you can find a local community college that has self-paced or short course terms. Some do. My CC had a few self-paced options in the past.

BYU independent study could be a good option. Kind of pricy but I believe it comes with a letter grade.
I saw on another forum that Snow College (a regionally accredited community college in Utah) has a summer offer for online courses. Not sure if they are offering the courses the person needs. not free. and I'm not positive, but I think the tuition is fixed at 1295 for the summer taking as many as you can. https://online.snow.edu/
don't know more than that.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

https://badgerweb.snow.edu/dbprod/SZPALL....SZPCrList
[-] The following 1 user Likes eriehiker's post:
  • P226mem
(04-16-2020, 10:36 PM)eriehiker Wrote: https://badgerweb.snow.edu/dbprod/SZPALL....SZPCrList

Thanks guys!!! I'm trying to get the registra to review study.com particular classes and then we're gonna have plan b and c based of everyone's input. Thanks so much guys!!! It looks like we have some solutions for him!! Yay!

(04-16-2020, 02:38 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 01:35 PM)Sb2013 Wrote: Hey guys! So I'm looking for input on a situation for a friend. He is needing to take 9 units at an accredited school this term. He's attending a 4 year school but there's an issue so he can't finish the term and worn get credits.  The school head registrar told us he can transfer classes in from a regionally accredited school, but they won't take sdc, Sophia, or SL cuz they arent accredited even though they are by ace.  I'm trying to hear back about tecep through tesu and if he took those how the transcript reads. We were hoping for sdc or something cuz they are self paced etc and not expensive. Anyone have any input???? Ideas???
Does the school want a grade attached to the transcripts? TECEP (I think) only puts CR when you pass them. Excelsior's exams put letter grades.
They will accept CR. It's the matter if the start date it has to say spring on the transcript or have a start date during spring term
BTW - ACE credit is not "accredited." It's a company that says that courses are college-level, but there is no accreditation of any kind. In this scenario (the one the school is talking about), only schools can be accredited, and they want regionally accredited, which even rules out nationally accredited schools - I doubt they will take ACE-approved courses.

There are options, but you're going to have to move fast to get spring term going.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Snow is a pretty good option and then there is also NMJC which is recommended on the board very often: https://www.nmjc.edu
Link: https://www.nmjc.edu/admission/paying_fo...index.aspx

Out-of-State Resident Tuition Maximum cost for fifteen (15) hours or more per semester: $1,035.00
Cost per hour for one through fifteen hours per semester: $69.00
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
thanks guys!! we found classes and got them approved!! BIG THANKS for all the input. He got approval after the petition for sdc and for his math class i found it at ucb self paced and it was approved. so they all count for his spring term!! which is what he needed for the school and his org. requirements for fall. yay!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speed of Completion of Sophia.org Courses colonelcamp 5 269 04-26-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Law School Admission Council GPA kitkat 6 233 04-26-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 119 64,115 04-25-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: gamebradie
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 544 04-24-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 978 04-23-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 165 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 589 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,559 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 847 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 1,053 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az