Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schools with very good reputation and good transfer policy?
(01-15-2022, 08:08 PM)nyvrem Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 03:57 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Some people do want to go to brand-name schools.

You need to understand Purdue Global is not Purdue.

ASU Online is not ASU

Harvard Extension is not Harvard and so on.  

Most of the time online students can't take campus courses and vice versa.

People are always going to crap over your degree no matter where you go.

o, i didn't know ASU online is not ASU cause I actually got into taking ASU online classes from a friend who was an on campus student at ASU. when i did the classes, it didn't differentiate between you being an on campus or online student. Transcripts didn't say the class was taken online as well. 

I guess something changed. but I did all this over 10 years ago.
I have to disagree with Levelup. ASU online is officially Tempe Main Campus on paper, in accreditation, in documentation and transcripting. ASU brick and mortar faculty develop and teach online classes. I believe brick and mortar students can even use ASU Universal Learner courses in their degree programs if they want.
(01-15-2022, 05:05 PM)karehiro Wrote: A decent self-paced option would be UMPI as others have mentioned, or Nichols College, though there's not much information on them except it's a BS in Business Administration ($6000 per year flat rate tuition): https://www.nichols.edu/degree-programs/...t-degrees/

Thanks for this! I think this is the cheapest HRM degree so far. I've added the school to the wiki. Let me know if you find any other CBE programs.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-15-2022, 10:10 PM)raycathode Wrote: I have to disagree with Levelup. ASU online is officially Tempe Main Campus on paper, in accreditation, in documentation and transcripting. ASU brick and mortar faculty develop and teach online classes. I believe brick and mortar students can even use ASU Universal Learner courses in their degree programs if they want.

I said, "most" of the time, not all of the time.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(01-16-2022, 07:45 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 05:05 PM)karehiro Wrote: A decent self-paced option would be UMPI as others have mentioned, or Nichols College, though there's not much information on them except it's a BS in Business Administration ($6000 per year flat rate tuition): https://www.nichols.edu/degree-programs/...t-degrees/

Thanks for this! I think this is the cheapest HRM degree so far. I've added the school to the wiki. Let me know if you find any other CBE programs.

I'm calling them tomorrow to find out more about their CBE program. The website and catalog has very little info about the program. I'd be interested in their master's degrees if they offer them in CBE! I'm also curious if they're on the same platform as UMPI and Brandman/UMass Global.

I just looked at the application and it says Management is the only BSBA concentration available. Hmmmm.....

ETA:
I found the website for the CBE program specifically:

https://pages.nichols.edu/cbe/

Looks like tuition is billed annually at $6,000. Doesn't look like it breaks down by term. I'll find out more tomorrow or Tuesday. Not sure if they're open with the holiday tomorrow.

Here's the CBE flyer:
https://www.nichols.edu/wp-content/uploa...ochure.pdf
(01-16-2022, 11:25 AM)ss20ts Wrote:

I'm calling them tomorrow to find out more about their CBE program. The website and catalog has very little info about the program. I'd be interested in their master's degrees if they offer them in CBE! I'm also curious if they're on the same platform as UMPI and Brandman/UMass Global.

I just looked at the application and it says Management is the only BSBA concentration available. Hmmmm.....

Strange. On the link above, HRM is listed as one of the available online degree options, but not "Management". Just plain "Management" is listed as a hybrid program.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming

You're welcome, and I definitely will! Actually a good way to get wind of any new programs is to periodically check the university partners of resources for alternative credit like Straighterline and SDC. I looked at the university partners for both and got curious since Nichols was listed on both websites. I never heard anything about them on these forums, which led me to conclude that it was new.

As for the HRM you mentioned, I think I see why there's confusion. The Adult Undergraduate program is separated between the standard model and CBE. CBE is specifically for management. HRM concentration looks to be available for the standard online program, but doesn't look like it's currently offered for the CBE program.

HOWEVER, it states that a CBE student can also take up to 5 courses from the traditional program. So it may be worth it to ask Nichols College whether another concentration can be obtained if those other courses are either taken from the traditional program, or be transferred in.
(01-16-2022, 12:19 PM)karehiro Wrote: As for the HRM you mentioned, I think I see why there's confusion. The Adult Undergraduate program is separated between the standard model and CBE. CBE is specifically for management. HRM concentration looks to be available for the standard online program, but doesn't look like it's currently offered for the CBE program.

HOWEVER, it states that a CBE student can also take up to 5 courses from the traditional program. So it may be worth it to ask Nichols College whether another concentration can be obtained if those other courses are either taken from the traditional program, or be transferred in.

Ah, I see. It's not exactly explicitly laid out on that page, though it is clearer if you read the first few FAQ questions.

Looking closer at HRM, there are 6 required courses. One of these is an internship. Of the others, 2 (Human Resource Management; Assessment, Staffing & Employment Law) are available through Study.com. So can several of the HRM electives. So, yeah, it does appear that you might be able to do HRM through the CBE program even if HRM isn't, in itself, actually part of the CBE.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
I don't see that they accept ACE credits on their website. Their website definitely needs more info!
(01-16-2022, 12:44 PM)ss20ts Wrote: I don't see that they accept ACE credits on their website. Their website definitely needs more info!

If you click on the FAQ PDF, it says: 

Quote:What if I need a course to complete my program and it is not offered?
You can take up to 5 courses in our traditional undergraduate evening program during your journey as a CBE student at no additional cost. We have partnered with another college that offers all general education requirements in a CBE format. You could complete the course using Straighter-Line or Study.com and transfer into the CBE program. Courses in the CBE program are delivered in a sequence format and all courses in sequence five must be taken in the CBE program through Nichols.

They also have this page: https://study.com/college/school/nichols-college.html and SDC's page says that you can transfer up to 30 credits to Nichols.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Nichols College is interesting to say the least... they allow 90 credit transfer, leaving 30 credits for the CBE. The only program available at this time seems like it's the BSBA and they may in the future expand on that. StraighterLine shows 60 credit transfer, Study.com shows 30... I wonder if they would allow you to "mix & match" those to max out the 90 credit transfer (someone should email them to find out), just like a few schools, they only seem to taking StraighterLine and Study.com, no other ACE partners...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Utah Schools switching to the 3-year Bachelor Airamb 6 318 03-27-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 238 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer bjcheung77 87 40,771 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: inor
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 1,917 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Does CUNY SPS allow transfer credits after enrollment? MyRightHandIsBi 11 947 09-13-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 1,071 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  UoPeople Certificate program transfer courses? MNomadic 5 1,633 12-13-2022, 10:44 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  State schools vs. other options MDela3 71 7,911 09-26-2022, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Two, two degree schools 6 months? learningthehardway 16 1,895 06-01-2022, 08:02 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Alternate schools for Comp Sci? Ideas 4 1,359 03-29-2022, 05:05 AM
Last Post: Ideas