Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Bachelor's Degree
The policy regarding a second bachelor's degree at UMPI has changed!!!!! If you have graduated with a BLS or BAS you can now reapply and earn a second bachelor's degree. You'll need to complete 30 credits at UMPI. You're waived from the GEC which you've already completed anyway. You must first graduate before you can complete the second degree. I graduated with my BLS in March and in August I start the BA in Business Administration with Marketing Concentration. This concentration didn't exist yet when I graduated. Supply Chain Management is also a new concentration beginning in August. You want to go back for a second bachelor's degree, reach out to Jessica.
[-] The following 5 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • jch, LevelUP, park0902, Pikachu, rachel83az
Interesting development. Ya know, marketing is something else I have considered.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
OMG! That's just awesome for you! I knew they would update that sooner or later, I just didn't know that would be so quick! You're the trailblazer helping others get their double degree now with a BAS or BLS as their first degree and then they can ladder into another if needed... you rock!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ss20ts
(07-23-2021, 12:31 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: OMG! That's just awesome for you!  I knew they would update that sooner or later, I just didn't know that would be so quick!  You're the trailblazer helping others get their double degree now with a BAS or BLS as their first degree and then they can ladder into another if needed... you rock!

I was wondering if they got sick of me asking. It just didn't make sense. i'm willing to pay you. Take my money! LOL
[-] The following 3 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • jch, rachel83az, Vle045
Its great news. Maybe they will start Computer science degree soon. Still cant figure out how they decided people are not interested in it. In my opinion, it will be one of the most popular degrees at Yourpace path
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cofffeee's post:
  • rachel83az
(07-23-2021, 12:40 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-23-2021, 12:31 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: OMG! That's just awesome for you!  I knew they would update that sooner or later, I just didn't know that would be so quick!  You're the trailblazer helping others get their double degree now with a BAS or BLS as their first degree and then they can ladder into another if needed... you rock!

I was wondering if they got sick me asking. It just didn't make sense. i'm willing to pay you. Take my money! LOL

So does that mean you are putting that Masters on hold?
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
It's great that the BLS is no longer a "terminal" degree at UMPI! This opens up doors for anyone who just wanted a "quick" degree originally but who now wants something more specialized.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, Pikachu
(07-23-2021, 12:57 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: Its great news. Maybe they will start Computer science degree soon. Still cant figure out how they decided people are not interested in it. In my opinion, it will be one of the most popular degrees at Yourpace path

They just started the cs program on campus in January. They need to have a specific number of people interested in the program before they can begin developing it. UMPI is a VERY small school. The on campus numbers are around 1100 and YourPace currently has space for 150 people. They also need the degrees to make sense and work with the local workforce.

(07-23-2021, 12:59 PM)Vle045 Wrote:
(07-23-2021, 12:40 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

I was wondering if they got sick me asking. It just didn't make sense. i'm willing to pay you. Take my money! LOL

So does that mean you are putting that Masters on hold?

Yup until November 1st. I will be almost done by then. I plan to start WGU on 11/1 now.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu, Vle045
Computer Science is a popular degree though a lot of people get turned off by the degree because it often requires a lot of extra higher math courses such as Calculus, Linear Algebra, and Discrete Math, etc. 

It would be better if they set it up like the Business Admin or Bachelor of Arts degrees.

It could be like a Computer Technology or IT degree with your choice of concentrations in
- IT Management
- Software development
- Cybersecurity
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Analytics/Science
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, ss20ts
if supply chain existed back when I did I would've done it too. tempting tempting

Also if you WANT Computer Science on YOurPace please express your interest to YOURPACE about this. They need support to make it happen.
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • Novo, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Am I on the right path for any BLS degree rme1987 11 300 03-27-2024, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Transfer and see what transfers, BEFORE starting the degree? ecdw94 8 372 03-24-2024, 01:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Non-Degree Enrollment PreLawCoastie 0 206 03-02-2024, 06:33 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  I earned an Honors BLS Degree with Two Minors in 8 days!! basicunitoflife 34 3,294 03-01-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: laknight
  Help with getting a degree ASAP Talia99 3 289 02-27-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Smile BAS UMPI Degree Planning Questions Chimera 6 565 02-25-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Does spain/EU accept UMPI degree? Solden81 4 430 02-21-2024, 08:30 PM
  Master's program at UMPI with an existing UoPeople BS-CS degree ecdw94 29 2,398 02-20-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  UMPI Degree Help - Bachelor of Applied Science hicham78h 13 498 02-20-2024, 04:23 AM
  UMPI - Degree Plan Help NJC2023 16 1,552 02-19-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: NJC2023