Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sending CLEP score to institutions
hello everyone! hope xmas preparations have been going well! =]

i'm a little confused about the sending scores procedure for CLEP exams. does it cost extra to send the scores at the time of my exam or is it included in the exam fee? and if i want to now send past scores that haven't been sent anywhere before, does it cost $20, or is the $20 charged if the score has been sent before?

hope my questions aren't too confusing >.<

thanks! =]
Hi Blue,

The school that you want to have your scores sent to will have an institution code. You can call them and ask for it. Take that with you when you take your Clep and the score will be sent without any extra charge. For the Cleps you've already taken, it is $20 to have Clep send all of your transcripts to one address. There is more information at collegeboard.com also.

Hope this helps, Smile
Kate
Kate
BS Psychology
Librevore Wrote:Hi Blue,

The school that you want to have your scores sent to will have an institution code. You can call them and ask for it. Take that with you when you take your Clep and the score will be sent without any extra charge. For the Cleps you've already taken, it is $20 to have Clep send all of your transcripts to one address. There is more information at collegeboard.com also.

Hope this helps, Smile
Kate

ahh, thanks so mcuh kate! you definitely answered all my questions. but i just thought of one more. for the score that can be sent at the time i take my exam, do i have to make that decision before or after the exam? ie: can i wait to tell them right after i know what my score is? thanks again!
I don't believe you're given that option by the computer once you are done testing - you can only choose whether to have the score thrown out before you find out what it was (so you never know if you did manage a pass if you choose this option). That's why it's usually not the smart thing to do. If you're really worried about hurting a GPA or having your school see a failing score, you may not want to report it until you see what grade you got. But doing it that way will cost you an extra 20 bucks.
ohh, gotcha...thanks johanna! =]
Most colleges don't care or do anything about failed CLEP scores; they only take the passing ones...so if you enter your institution code on the test and find out you failed, it usually won't make a difference.

Of course, your college could be one of the very few that actually cares about failing scores, so I would recommend checking up with your advisor. Smile
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test score rogeryoung 4 238 04-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: rogeryoung
  5 institutions paying fine plus how much college costs in every state bjcheung77 1 229 01-25-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: inor
  Woolf University - Educational Partnership & Institutions bjcheung77 23 2,417 01-21-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Erasec63
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 515 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Uwill, mental health platform for institutions gets $30 million in funding bjcheung77 1 363 05-16-2023, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Institutions go accreditor shopping! bjcheung77 1 462 03-25-2023, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,856 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 862 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,331 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,653 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP