Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seriously worried—almost all of degree university-level courses = grade 12 courses
(03-05-2019, 02:59 AM)posabsolute Wrote: Basically, this isn’t university, and because of how we are setup (grade 12 and college level combined in a degree) your number of credits is set by the degree awarded, you could take a 100 courses there, it would be same credit award. As far as I know they tend to credits the last courses you did, maybe that is contestable?

You mean, no matter the amount or what type of course, they have a set number of x credits they can award? You think it would be contestable?

(03-05-2019, 03:15 AM)dfrecore Wrote: You might try another one.

Yeah, I'm thinking of doing that. Do you think TESU would allow two credit evaluations? I don't think they would accept to combine the two and then be able to pick, but maybe give the option of choosing between one or the other?

(03-05-2019, 11:29 AM)davewill Wrote: I would say that the courses you are missing are the easiest ones to get from alternative credit sources. Rather than worry about them not transferring, I would just start banging them out from SDC, SL, or OD. If you remember anything from them, and you're diligent, you could cover them all in a few months, certainly in under a year.

I hadn't seen it that way, thanks. Those music courses aren't easily available anywhere else. If they are transferable as free electives, or maybe a few as general electives, that would give me more options to pick from for the SDC and SL courses.

___

Thanks for the input everyone. Receiving my credit evaluation was a bit of a hit, since my workload basically doubled and the degree just took an extra 3k in costs—all that having to fit in the same time frame. I think I'm mostly over it now and I'm motivated again.
(03-07-2019, 09:14 PM)pws Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 02:59 AM)posabsolute Wrote: Basically, this isn’t university, and because of how we are setup (grade 12 and college level combined in a degree) your number of credits is set by the degree awarded, you could take a 100 courses there, it would be same credit award. As far as I know they tend to credits the last courses you did, maybe that is contestable?

You mean, no matter the amount or what type of course, they have a set number of x credits they can award? You think it would be contestable?

(03-05-2019, 03:15 AM)dfrecore Wrote: You might try another one.

Yeah, I'm thinking of doing that. Do you think TESU would allow two credit evaluations? I don't think they would accept to combine the two and then be able to pick, but maybe give the option of choosing between one or the other?

(03-05-2019, 11:29 AM)davewill Wrote: I would say that the courses you are missing are the easiest ones to get from alternative credit sources. Rather than worry about them not transferring, I would just start banging them out from SDC, SL, or OD. If you remember anything from them, and you're diligent, you could cover them all in a few months, certainly in under a year.

I hadn't seen it that way, thanks. Those music courses aren't easily available anywhere else. If they are transferable as free electives, or maybe a few as general electives, that would give me more options to pick from for the SDC and SL courses.

___

Thanks for the input everyone. Receiving my credit evaluation was a bit of a hit, since my workload basically doubled and the degree just took an extra 3k in costs—all that having to fit in the same time frame. I think I'm mostly over it now and I'm motivated again.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
No I meant, maybe you can contest which course they credited, as far as the amount, that is fixed by the degree.

Honestly tho, I don’t think they would change their eval.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 222 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 28 2,526 03-22-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: KagomeH
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,611 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,451 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,548 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,935 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 856 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 596 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  SUNY accepted upper level class jg_nuy 10 428 03-05-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,240 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger