Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Service = Credits
5 Tips to Turn Military Service Successfully into College Credit | Military.com
thanks for sharing this
This is kind of silly. Look at your JST - it will list all of your ACE credits. If you want to get them evaluated at a college like TESU or UMPI, send it and they'll tell you where everything comes in AT THAT SCHOOL.

It's as simple as that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-03-2022, 12:15 PM)dfrecore Wrote: This is kind of silly.  Look at your JST - it will list all of your ACE credits.  If you want to get them evaluated at a college like TESU or UMPI, send it and they'll tell you where everything comes in AT THAT SCHOOL.

It's as simple as that.

But does everyone in the military know this? Has everyone in the military heard of TESU or UMPI?
(06-03-2022, 12:36 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-03-2022, 12:15 PM)dfrecore Wrote: This is kind of silly.  Look at your JST - it will list all of your ACE credits.  If you want to get them evaluated at a college like TESU or UMPI, send it and they'll tell you where everything comes in AT THAT SCHOOL.

It's as simple as that.

But does everyone in the military know this? Has everyone in the military heard of TESU or UMPI?

Ok, let me say it this way: look at your JST, it will list all of your ACE credits.  If you want to get them evaluated at ANY college, send in your JST and they'll tell you where everything comes in AT THAT SCHOOL.

Obviously if a school doesn't take ACE credit, then it won't work out well (schools that don't take ACE may take JST's, but they will most likely give very little credit for it).

All I was saying was that the article overcomplicated things.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-03-2022, 09:24 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

It's as simple as that.

Ok, let me say it this way: look at your JST, it will list all of your ACE credits.  If you want to get them evaluated at ANY college, send in your JST and they'll tell you where everything comes in AT THAT SCHOOL.

Obviously if a school doesn't take ACE credit, then it won't work out well (schools that don't take ACE may take JST's, but they will most likely give very little credit for it).

I agree with @dfrecore and I suppose might not know but they would have worked hard to not know or maybe pre-date it. Most schools will give you credits if they are a SOC college and use VA or military tuition programs.

(06-03-2022, 09:24 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

It's as simple as that.

I agree with @dfrecore and I suppose might not know but they would have worked hard to not know or maybe pre-date it. Most schools will give you credits if they are a SOC college and use VA or military tuition programs.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Straighterline 15 credits rayantanas 2 1,849 09-07-2019, 09:13 AM
Last Post: natshar
  TESU database of military credits? dfrecore 8 3,359 02-14-2019, 01:00 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  My Wife has 77 credits and just needs and Associates to get promoted. Please Help!! eliment 19 5,290 03-13-2018, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Another CCAF thread about alternative credits Tracker 9 4,797 02-19-2018, 05:31 PM
Last Post: retire2018
  Advanced Enlistment with College Credits jmeitrem 15 7,148 05-02-2016, 05:16 PM
Last Post: C5259
  Joint service transcript credit acceptance windyart 8 3,003 06-23-2015, 07:14 PM
Last Post: windyart
  U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps smf6824 6 1,729 04-17-2015, 07:15 PM
Last Post: smf6824
  Cheap source of credits for veterans UptonSinclair 7 2,684 01-07-2015, 02:02 AM
Last Post: UptonSinclair
  CLEP/DSST credits for advanced enlistment? Arm4L1t3 10 3,098 09-25-2014, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Arm4L1t3
  FEMA Independent Study online classes for military service with GED kbk1061 18 3,257 09-23-2013, 03:31 AM
Last Post: Prloko