Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Should I grab a free associates degree if graduating same major bachelor degree?
So I graduated with a bachelors degree in 2019 (TESU-Business)
On my last class for a TESU COmp Sci degree (Bachelors)
I am unwilling to take anymore classes besides this one. 
My current degree plan says I am eligible for an associates degree (ANSM in COMP SCI)
Looks like this is basically a free lunch
Do I take it?
Would you take it?

Other options include

ANSM in Computer Science
Second Area of Study(SAOS) in Liberal Studies
AA in arts
SAOS In Liberal Studies
AS in business adminstration
I would take the ASNSM, sure. You should also check how close you are to an ASNSM Math. You might be able to add a second AOS to the ASNSM without any additional classes. Or maybe by doing either CSM Learn or the Applied Liberal Arts Math TECEP. I know you said you don't want to do any more classes, but adding a Math ASNSM for just a few extra hours of work seems to be a no-brainer to me!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
What is your last class for the CS degree?

There are reportedly changes coming to what TESU accepts on Jan. 1st. I would hurry and finish up.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(12-14-2021, 02:16 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I would take the ASNSM, sure. You should also check how close you are to an ASNSM Math. You might be able to add a second AOS to the ASNSM without any additional classes. Or maybe by doing either CSM Learn or the Applied Liberal Arts Math TECEP. I know you said you don't want to do any more classes, but adding a Math ASNSM for just a few extra hours of work seems to be a no-brainer to me!

So I could pick up a second Area of Study either in 
Liberal Studies : Natural Sciences and Mathematics 
Liberal Studies : Computer Science
Liberal Studies

Would I be going over the two bachelor degree limit if I double majored in Computer Science / Liberal Arts?

I could get the ANSM in Mathematics if I found 4 AOS credits
and I also need a quantiative Literacy course. 
They are using my Alegbra and Trig course from college as my AOS
and they are also using my stats class so I am missing a quant literacy requirement

Any ideas? 
maybe Study.com could save the day

sorry for any confusion Slytoxicpanda is me as well, I made that old account awhile ago

(12-14-2021, 02:27 PM)LevelUP Wrote: What is your last class for the CS degree?

There are reportedly changes coming to what TESU accepts on Jan. 1st.  I would hurry and finish up.

There's no rush for me because it's a Thomas Edison class Software engineering. 
I am graduating in March. 

If I wanted to get any more credits in, you are right I would have to rush through them.
I wouldn't bother with Liberal Studies. Either get another subject degree (which you don't want to do) or just go for your comp sci degree.

Depending on what math you've already done, either CSM Learn or Applied Liberal Studies Math TECEP would fulfill the quantitative literacy requirement. I would do both, then an easy math from SDC: Math 101 (which comes in as Intermediate Algebra, not College Algebra), Math 103 Precalculus, or Business 110: Business Math. All of these should be super easy if you've already gone through Calculus!

https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
So I have
Calculus I MAT-231
Principles of Stats STA-201
Discrete Mathematics MAT-270
College Alegbra / Trig (TESU MAT-121)
(12-14-2021, 02:27 PM)jsarles Wrote:
sorry for any confusion Slytoxicpanda is me as well, I made that old account awhile ago

If I wanted to get any more credits in, you are right I would have to rush through them.

Software engineering is pretty easy at TESU.  No exams to worry about.  
CMS learn works for quant literacy.  Most of the course is really basic 1+1=2 type of stuff.

You could take the free AS and just decide later if that's worth adding to your resume or not.

The cutoff to apply for March graduation is Jan 1st.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(12-14-2021, 02:50 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 02:27 PM)jsarles Wrote:

Software engineering is pretty easy at TESU.  No exams to worry about.  
CMS learn works for quant literacy.  Most of the course is really basic 1+1=2 type of stuff.

You could take the free AS and just decide later if that's worth adding to your resume or not.

The cutoff to apply for March graduation is Jan 1st.
Yeah I've already applied for graduation and paid the fee. My software engineering class started in OCT last assignments due dec 26th. I think I can still add these other degrees to the graduation application because there's a separate form right?
Agreed; CSM is super easy if you're good at math. Just make sure you read everything clearly before answering. I think I finished in 7 or 8 hours, spread over 2-3 days. I got tripped up by a few conversions because I wasn't reading as carefully as I should have been. Stupid stuff like how there are 1000 kilometers in a meter, which is obviously wrong!
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(12-14-2021, 02:56 PM)jsarles Wrote: Yeah I've already applied for graduation and paid the fee. My software engineering class started in OCT last assignments due dec 26th. I think I can still add these other degrees to the graduation application because there's a separate form right?

Your last assignments are due Jan 2nd as I remember they recently extended the deadline.

I'm not sure how the graduation application works.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free TECEPs Offer for Accepted-but-not-Enrolled PLEX 3 212 03-20-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 284 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 238 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 237 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Adding on associates? optimisticCoder3 6 391 02-23-2024, 09:58 PM
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,757 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Bachelor to Masters Data Analytics homeschoolmom1 2 316 01-22-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1