Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Six Sigma….. Udemy
Talk to me about Six Sigma.  I see the term around the forum and have heard it mentioned at previous workplaces in the past.  Is it worth getting?  Which one(s)?   I stumbled upon the fact that I have free access to Udemy, so I thought I would see how I could best take advantage of it.  Lots of Six Sigma courses there.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
I'm not sure which one(s) you might want to use on Udemy but you'll need to take the right exam(s) in order for them to count.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Well, it's a process improvement methodology and so If you think you might actually use it in your workplace then the certification might be worth the effort.  I went through the process as part of a management training package once upon a time but I never really used it.  Maybe it's part of a skillset you'll need for a future job?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alpha's post:
  • ss20ts
If you're taking Udemy courses for these, they're more like intro courses similar to the "White Belt" ones you can get for free as well. My suggestion is to take some courses if you want to get your feet wet and maybe do some free "White & Yellow" belt options. If you're going for anything higher, such as a Green Belt or Black Belt in 6Sigma, then go for ones that are accredited by IASSC (basic accreditation) or ASQ (preferred, gold standard).

Note: For myself, MSI used to be IASSC and I took their Green Belt, but now they are no longer IASSC, they created their own "accreditation standard" which I don't really think matters as many would only look at IASSC accreditation or ASQ. I suggest looking elsewhere, even though they have Groupon Deals, they are not worth it. There may be others on Groupon/Stacksocial, etc with IASSC and/or ASQ accreditation.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Vle045
(07-03-2021, 03:04 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: If you're taking Udemy courses for these, they're more like intro courses similar to the "White Belt" ones you can get for free as well.  My suggestion is to take some courses if you want to get your feet wet and maybe do some free "White & Yellow" belt options.  If you're going for anything higher, such as a Green Belt or Black Belt in 6Sigma, then go for ones that are accredited by IASSC (basic accreditation) or ASQ (preferred, gold standard).

Note: For myself, MSI used to be IASSC and I took their Green Belt, but now they are no longer IASSC, they created their own "accreditation standard" which I don't really think matters as many would only look at IASSC accreditation or ASQ.   I suggest looking elsewhere, even though they have Groupon Deals, they are not worth it.  There may be others on Groupon/Stacksocial, etc with IASSC and/or ASQ accreditation.

There’s a bunch of them at all levels.  Several say they are accredited and include a link to take a test and get a badge and certificate.  One was AIGPE…. and a few others.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)

(07-03-2021, 09:05 AM)Vle045 Wrote: Talk to me about Six Sigma.  I see the term around the forum and have heard it mentioned at previous workplaces in the past.  Is it worth getting?  Which one(s)?   I stumbled upon the fact that I have free access to Udemy, so I thought I would see how I could best take advantage of it.  Lots of Six Sigma courses there.

It really depends on your employer. A lot of companies have internal six sigma trainings or only recognize certification from specific providers. For example, my employer will not accept cert from Udemy, MSI, or any other similar provider. We do have internal training and from time to time our boss sends us to get certificates from Villanova and Dartmouth.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
(07-04-2021, 12:46 AM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
(07-03-2021, 09:05 AM)Vle045 Wrote: Talk to me about Six Sigma.  I see the term around the forum and have heard it mentioned at previous workplaces in the past.  Is it worth getting?  Which one(s)?   I stumbled upon the fact that I have free access to Udemy, so I thought I would see how I could best take advantage of it.  Lots of Six Sigma courses there.

It really depends on your employer. A lot of companies have internal six sigma trainings or only recognize certification from specific providers. For example, my employer will not accept cert from Udemy, MSI, or any other similar provider. We do have internal training and from time to time our boss sends us to get certificates from Villanova and Dartmouth.

I work at a private high school.  There is no such training.  For me, it would be more about having a resume enhancement when/if I start job hunting again.   If I stay within education, I want to move up to a district office position.  Those tend to be much better paying jobs than the school building level.  (The pay is about double at the district level - depending on which district).
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

(07-03-2021, 11:01 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I'm not sure which one(s) you might want to use on Udemy but you'll need to take the right exam(s) in order for them to count.

What are the right ones?             And according to whom?
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

As bjcheung77 said, you need one with IASSC or ASQ accreditation. Might as well use the free ones to study, though.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ss20ts
NoStudentNoCry Wrote:It really depends on your employer. A lot of companies have internal six sigma trainings or only recognize certification from specific providers. For example, my employer will not accept cert from Udemy, MSI, or any other similar provider. We do have internal training and from time to time our boss sends us to get certificates from Villanova and Dartmouth.

Yes, I agree, most employers won't look at non accredited or ones with unknown accreditation. Certification for Business/IT comes from the main or major players, in the case for 6sigma, Udemy, MSI, etc would be great for "learning" and starting off, but for proper accreditation, it needs to be from IASSC or ACQ.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • ss20ts, Vle045

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coursera, Udemy & LinkedIn Learning ss20ts 6 2,130 06-12-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  OMG, what! Udemy IPO? bjcheung77 7 964 11-16-2021, 01:56 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Free or low cost Six Sigma White/Greenbelt Certification? Toastmaster 54 13,825 12-30-2016, 10:50 PM
Last Post: AJ_Atlanta