Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So much for the whole study.com thing.
Dear Study.com,
I was excited to see the 50% off deal you were giving to df members (in which announcement post it was claimed that the coupon code was partly in appreciation for the feedback of the courses forum members have already taken through your program).

However, I was very disappointed that when I contacted study.com as suggested, to see if there was any coupon/promo for faithful current/past students who only needed another month with just a couple more courses instead of a full year, I received this reply:

[INDENT]
Quote:Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at Study.com.

At this time this membership offer is only available for annual (12 month) memberships.
It is not currently an offer for a monthly membership.

I apologize for any confusion this may of caused.
Please don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions.

Best regards,
Lucas

The Study.com Team
[/INDENT]

:confused::mad:
Unfortunately, saying that because a forum member/individual can't use an entire year's worth of credits they must pay full price if they chose to remain a study.com customer -- even if they have been giving just as much feedback as other forum members who aren't as far along educationally -- isn't really a good way to handle things. It's really not a very sound business policy to seemingly penalize current students/customers in some manner.

True that no one really "deserves" a discount -- and it is a nice gift for those who "qualify" in the 12 month-only parameters someone set. I understand that. However, as one of the forum members who have been faithfully advocating your program here on the df and elsewhere -- as well as answering your PMs when you contacted me to ask questions about how your program has worked for me in the classes I have taken through study.com, I am understandably frustrated.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Yeah, that is a bummer. A lot of people can't or don't want to sign up for an entire year's worth of courses. I personally only need 3 more courses, so I feel your pain.

The one good thing they did recently for someone like you (a current customer) is that you can add more courses/exams for a discounted rate of $70. So if you were able to fit in more courses in a month you're already paying for, then you do get a discount in that way.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Mamasaphire- I see your reasoning for being so upset and I am also a member of study.com and participated with providing them with feedback through private messaging and over the phone.

That being said you wrote.

Unfortunately, saying that because a forum member/individual can't use an entire year's worth of credits they must pay full price if they chose to remain a study.com customer -- even if they have been giving just as much feedback as other forum members who aren't as far along educationally -- isn't really a good way to handle things. It's really not a very sound business policy to seemingly penalize current students/customers in some manner.

I did not see them say any of that. They said that the discount code you provided only works for the annual membership.

“It is not currently an offer for a monthly membership.”

Study.com what you could do is give a private discount code directed for individuals that personally helped spread the word, gave feedback, and have been seriously advocating your program.

"True that no one really "deserves" a discount -- and it is a nice gift for those who "qualify" in the 12 month-only parameters someone set. I understand that. However, as one of the forum members who have been faithfully advocating your program here on the df and elsewhere -- as well as answering your PMs when you contacted me to ask questions about how your program has worked for me in the classes I have taken through study.com, I am understandably frustrated."

I understand you are frustrated but I do get the sense that you are holding them hostage, putting them on blast, and asking why didn’t you think about the smaller member.

Study.com has been nothing but a solid company since they have been on here. They are becoming leaders in their domain and it shows. I imagine that they will take care of you. Just because you spoke with one person which told you no does not make it so. Perhaps we can try speaking with another and another.

Now to reiterate my suggestion to Study.com what you could do is give a private discount code directed for individuals that personally helped spread the word, gave feedback, and have been seriously advocating your program.
yb1 Wrote:Mamasaphire- I see your reasoning for being so upset and I am also a member of study.com and participated with providing them with feedback through private messaging and over the phone.

“It is not currently an offer for a monthly membership.”

Study.com what you could do is give a private discount code directed for individuals that personally helped spread the word, gave feedback, and have been seriously advocating your program.

I understand you are frustrated but I do get the sense that you are holding them hostage, putting them on blast, and asking why didn’t you think about the smaller member.

Study.com has been nothing but a solid company since they have been on here. They are becoming leaders in their domain and it shows. I imagine that they will take care of you. Just because you spoke with one person which told you no does not make it so. Perhaps we can try speaking with another and another.

Now to reiterate my suggestion to Study.com what you could do is give a private discount code directed for individuals that personally helped spread the word, gave feedback, and have been seriously advocating your program.

Holding them hostage? No...lol. And I know they never offered a monthly code -- but when I contacted them asking if they would consider something, I was encouraged by whoever replied to keep asking -- but then it became canned-sounding responses. Having emailed and receiving replies from an Anne & a Lucas (so yes, have contacted several people), and having PM'd twice with no reply, I decided to post a more public message to them, because they do have relatively good CS with that and do reply to posts.

I'm not saying that I now think they are a horrible business and won't ever use them again. I really grew to enjoy the courses and would like to take a couple more. What I am saying is that I am disappointed that they are telling me (in a generic sounding email) that they wouldn't come up with something for "the small guy" so to speak, even though I know they have the capability since they offer a 20% off new-member referral link.

Your suggestion is great, thanks Smile

Quote:Now to reiterate my suggestion to Study.com what you could do is give a private discount code directed for individuals that personally helped spread the word, gave feedback, and have been seriously advocating your program.
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
dfrecore Wrote:Yeah, that is a bummer. A lot of people can't or don't want to sign up for an entire year's worth of courses. I personally only need 3 more courses, so I feel your pain.

The one good thing they did recently for someone like you (a current customer) is that you can add more courses/exams for a discounted rate of $70. So if you were able to fit in more courses in a month you're already paying for, then you do get a discount in that way.

I love their idea/new capability of being able to add courses! I think that will be a huge help to serious students. Unfortunately it never showed up for me for some reason, so I let my membership lapse a few days ago.
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Just received an email from Lucas at study.com which said in part:

Quote:Hi,

Seeing as communication through different mediums is covered by different teams it is very difficult to track communication when a user comes in with different requests, with different emails, in different locations. Please keep this in mind moving forward.

I do appreciate study.com's willingness to be open and honest through the growing pains of an expanding business, and look forward to hearing more from them shortly.
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Mamasaphire Wrote:I love their idea/new capability of being able to add courses! I think that will be a huge help to serious students. Unfortunately it never showed up for me for some reason, so I let my membership lapse a few days ago.

So clarification and I am not 100% positive on this, but I was told. Once you finish the two test the option to purchase another exam will appear.

Why this is not posted on a broader scope is beyond me. But yes that is why maybe you did not see it; perhaps, I dunno I can't see it, because I still have an exam to take this month.

Another suggestion would be roll over exams. What if I get burnt out and decide I do not want to take an exam, or finish a course that month. My neck of the woods sometimes it gets really beautiful outside and I want to go hike instead of watch videos all day.

That being said they do have the app so maybe I could do both.
yb1 Wrote:So clarification and I am not 100% sure but this is what I was told. Once you finish the two test the option appears. Why this is not posted on a broader scope is beyond me. But yes that is why maybe you did not see it? perhaps? I dunno. I can't see it because I still have one exam to take this month.

I posted a screenshot the other day -- the option never showed up for me. But I'm guessing it was probably still during the beta period, so it never made it to my account. It's all good.
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Slightly off topic, but since you are already using study.com, can you please let me know how long does it take for your exam results to appear after taking one?
Usually 4 days, but I had one that took 7 days before.
CLEP - Introduction to Psychology, Introduction Sociology, Human Growth and Development, College Mathematics, Educational Psychology, Humanities
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Introduction to Statistic, TEEX: Cybersecurity for Everyone
Study.com - Intro to World Religion, Western Civilization 1, Western Civilization 2, Abnormal Psychology, Info Sys and Comp Apps, American Gov't, Social Psychology, Personal Finance,

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 434 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 270 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 752 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 377 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,116 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Are alternative credits only an American thing? mojave 24 2,279 09-08-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,350 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith? qiaoyiren 10 2,337 04-12-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Crash Course's Study Hall quigongene 4 952 01-25-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study Together Validity + Benefits Stacie 0 426 07-26-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Stacie