Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Sciences and History CLEP
I'm taking this test on Friday because this is the only clear week for me before the test changes in September. I've been studying for it for over two months and I'd really, really appreciate any pointers. I've searched the forum but I've found very little so far. I've already taken:

U.S. History 1 & 2
Western Civilization 1 & 2
Intro to Sociology
Intro to Psych
Intro to Ed. Psych
Human Growth & Development

I've also taken several psych classes, along with African-American history at TESU. Most of my CLEP tests were taken several years ago so I've been reviewing them. I've also read the American Government CLEP study guide because it's a major weak spot for me.

I've taken the practice tests. I passed the first one with a comfortable margin. I did not pass the second one. I really need to pass because if I don't, it pushes my graduation date at TESU way back and I have to substitute two extra classes.

I would immensely appreciate any pointers on extra study materials for this because I'm still feeling overwhelmed by it all. I'm also just coming off of the Art of the Western World DSST a few weeks ago and I bombed that one miserably (with two art history classes already under my belt).

.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">most helpful-social-sciences-history-clep-ic-forum-info-study-guide.docx (Size: 88.11 KB / Downloads: 44) This attached doc is mostly from this forum, though I added to it, I think. My advice, don't sweat this test, esp with the cleps you've already taken, you should do great. I didn't think this test was as hard as everyone says, but I had some awesome study resources. Have you checked the specific exam feedback thread? Search there for attached docs and they have all you need to know. And then don't worry because you've got this test! cheersmate

EDIT: Oops isn't this the test they just updated? If it is, my bad, I forgot... I took it before that. Anyway, I'm a huge CrashCourse fan and would suggest watching some of them on whatever topics you need extra work in.
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
Like keepsingin said, with all the tests you have taken, you should be in amazing shape! One resource I like to use for history anything is quizlet. Just type whatever time period or topic you need review in into the search bar, and voila!
You'll do great!
http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...ntent.html

Keepsingin- yes this test was recently updated. Here is the post that explains the new content. The updated test starts on September 18th.
musictester Wrote:http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...ntent.html

Keepsingin- yes this test was recently updated. Here is the post that explains the new content. The updated test starts on September 18th.

Ah good deal. So you're safe, Aubs, with the current study guides on the specific exam threads! I second quizlet, too.
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
When you say you failed the practice test what % correct did you get? Which practice test? Usually if you can get at least 60% of questions on practice right you will pass the real thing fine.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Oh my goodness, thank you so, so much for the responses!!!

@Lindagerr - I took both practice tests from the REA study guide. I took the first test on paper with a raw score of 61, scaled score 56 according to the book. I used the software on the second test, with a raw score of 49, percentage 40%, (but the book considered it a passing score). The first practice test was a lot more history that I was somewhat familiar with or could figure out from the questions. The second test, not so much. Seemed to be more economics/government based. I also got a little rushed on the second test because it's been probably three years since I've taken a CLEP and the timing was a little tight.

My last week and a half have not been all that great for consistent studying which probably didn't help recall. But since this week is clear, I'll be reviewing everything possible.
Sent you a PM
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Just wanted to say a H U G E thank you for the help I've received on this test. I passed today which officially marks the end of my testing out experience! Big Grin
(09-02-2016, 04:33 PM)Aubs Wrote: Just wanted to say a H U G E thank you for the help I've received on this test. I passed today which officially marks the end of my testing out experience! Big Grin
Congratulations!!  Heart
Also, how was the exam, in your opinion? (I know it’s been a bit since you took it...) What was the concentration of economics, history, etc. in it?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,088 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 474 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  History of Degree Awarding Tomes MichaelGates 2 496 07-06-2023, 06:15 PM
  Legacy Admissions with Anti-Semitic History Challenged sanantone 2 495 07-04-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  International University of Applied Sciences (IU) acquires University of Fredericton. bjcheung77 0 535 07-01-2023, 01:39 AM
  JD & Masters History - 22 year old bjcheung77 0 458 04-24-2023, 12:13 PM
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 13 2,359 03-07-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Ypsiterroir
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,802 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 830 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore