Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sociology programm
Hey! I am sure that there are definitely students among you who have been educated online. I am also planning this for next year. I'm looking for a sociology program. If any of you can advise something good, then I will be very grateful!
Of the schools typically recommended here, I think only TESU has a Sociology degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
COSC also has a BA Sociology, I wouldn't recommend doing a Sociology degree unless your new career or future position requires it. Generally, you need to find out what your end goal is - are you looking to finish just a Bachelors or are you going for a Masters as well? For example, I've recommended a regular BALS with a Social Science concentration to many that are in similar shoes as you and some go for a Masters in Psychology or ladder up to a different degree afterwards. Sociology isn't the same as Social Work, where there may be regulations involved. Determine that final goal and then work backwards to see what degree can be used to get to that Masters or end goal.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-31-2021, 06:30 PM)Denise Winebrenner Wrote: Hey! I am sure that there are definitely students among you who have been educated online. I am also planning this for next year. I'm looking for a sociology program. If any of you can advise something good, then I will be very grateful!
There are quite a few universities that offer online degrees in Sociology.  The people on this site frequently favor the fast/cheap options, for obvious reasons.  There are alternatives however.  Making good suggestions is often based on know more about how much money you can afford to spend, your academic experience, special preferences, etc.  To get you started you can look at Arizona State University and Southern New Hampshire University.  They both are big, mainstream universities that crank out lots of online degrees every year and they both have Sociology programs. If they aren't suitable then alternatives can be provided.  Ifyou have special needs re costs, credit transfers, etc. then this would be a good time to mention them.
Heart
Heart
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Sociology Degree Plan indigoshuffle 2 717 12-27-2022, 10:01 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Want to Complete History or Sociology Degree Wayne195 11 1,260 11-15-2022, 04:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BA in Sociology, Economics or Statistics JPN 25 2,918 05-25-2022, 11:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  COSC Sociology BA whites1641 10 1,398 10-24-2020, 12:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BA Sociology Guidance Hpkitty 10 2,307 04-11-2019, 07:32 PM
Last Post: mysonx3
  I'm back..help? BA-Sociology Guidance, TESU Hpkitty 7 1,627 04-10-2019, 11:06 AM
Last Post: mysonx3