Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia (Developing Effective Teams) & (The Essentials of Managing Conflict) Question
Okay, I know it is subjective but I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

How long would it take to knock out Sophia's Developing Effective Teams and The Essentials of Managing Conflict?

How difficult is it and what is the time investment? 

I passed The Institutes Insurance Ethics without studying at all and the NFA Community Safety Educator course with less than an hour of reading/skimming. 
I am not trying to brag because I just got destroyed on ALEKS Intro to Stats. After 4 days of non-stop studying/review I still failed the Knowledge Check. If I peruse Stats in the future it will be elsewhere because I can already tell that it will take me forever doing it ALEKS style.  

But back to Sophia's 2 free courses, what are your thoughts?
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
Less than a day to knock out both.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 2 users Like quigongene's post:
  • AwardTour, MrBossmanJr
You should go after another ALEKS course for elective credit, go get the Trigonometry one as it should not duplicate with College Algebra. It’ll come in as Precalculus when transferred into TESU.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hi, it took me less than an hour each, but I'm really quick in general. It sounds like you are too, so it would probably take you a similar amount of time.
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX
[-] The following 1 user Likes sarg123's post:
  • AwardTour
(07-10-2018, 08:44 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You should go after another ALEKS course for elective credit, go get the Trigonometry one as it should not duplicate with College Algebra. It’ll come in as Precalculus when transferred into TESU.

Weird. I had typed on my ipad, "+1, this should take you less than a day for both. It's not difficult as it's open book/non proctored." But that line is missing from this post, haha...

Anyways, I wanted to add that you should also consider taking the Ancient Greek Philosophers course from them as well for $74.50 (you need to switch from generic account to a U of Phoenix account, then use coupon code HALFOFF).

It's an interesting course, open book/non proctored. The main reason I like Sophia actually is, it's the best interface/dashboard/teaching material I have come across so fart. It will take longer than a day or two for this, but it's cheap/easy/fast 3 credits and very comparable to SL/Study.com in price per course.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • AwardTour
(07-10-2018, 08:27 AM)AwardTour Wrote: Okay, I know it is subjective but I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

How long would it take to knock out Sophia's Developing Effective Teams and The Essentials of Managing Conflict?

I passed The Institutes Insurance Ethics without studying at all and the NFA Community Safety Educator course with less than an hour of reading/skimming. 
I am not trying to brag because I just got destroyed on ALEKS Intro to Stats. After 4 days of non-stop studying/review I still failed the Knowledge Check. If I peruse Stats in the future it will be elsewhere because I can already tell that it will take me forever doing it ALEKS style.  

You could do both in 1 day if you have time. My teens did them and if memory serves I think it was a couple of hours each time.
bjcheung77 Wrote: 

"The main reason I like Sophia actually is, it's the best interface/dashboard/teaching material I have come across so fart."

Look at the end of the above sentence. ^

Lol, I have to ask. Was that intentional or did your editor auto-complete that on your behalf due to your frequent use of the word? LOL!

ALEKS Stats or Trig is too much of a time investment for me right now. I might take another shot at Stats in the future via Study.com or SL. I am going to wrap up taking a few free credits quickly with Sophia and then move on to getting a few tech certs while studying for the CLEP College Composition Modular and the DSST Advanced College Comp.

Once I am done with all of that I will try to take many Straighterline courses quickly. This is the part where I really don't have a sense yet of how long it will take me. I am not a quick reader but I am good at skimming/summarizing information when needed.

(07-10-2018, 10:43 AM)cookderosa Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 08:27 AM)AwardTour Wrote: Okay, I know it is subjective but I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

You could do both in 1 day if you have time. My teens did them and if memory serves I think it was a couple of hours each time.
Thanks,

I am actually using information from your website to help me decide which Straighterline classes to take. I am not one of these people that can knock out an SL class in a few days and blaze through everything. I won't know for certain until I begin with SL but hopefully I can leverage information from you and other people here to do it as quickly as I possibly can.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
Quote:You could do both in 1 day if you have time. My teens did them and if memory serves I think it was a couple of hours each time.

Agreed. It was simple and only took me a couple hours for both. The NFA was hard and I never did complete it.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrBossmanJr's post:
  • AwardTour

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 350 Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 774 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,368 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,318 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 333 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 650 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 923 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 216 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 887 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 359 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle