Poll: Best compatibility with TESU Gen Ed?
This poll is closed.
Sophia
50.00%
10 50.00%
Straighterline
10.00%
2 10.00%
Study.com
40.00%
8 40.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia, Straighterline, or study.com ?
Question 
Please answer the poll
I'm planning on attending CharterOakStateCollege and would like to know whether or not I should use Sophia, StraighterLine, or study.com for collecting Gen Ed credits, and which ones work the best for you?
I don't want to make anyone write anything as this question he's been asked many times I would just like the poll to answer everything!
(01-22-2021, 11:15 AM)Kadenbloom Wrote: I'm planning on attending Tomas Edison State University and would like to know whether or not I should use Sophia, StraighterLine, or study.com for collecting Gen Ed credits, and which ones work the best for you?

You should really do a search, as these questions have been answered a million times. You'd also find more information than would be posted in this thread by the few people who don't mind retyping all their previous posts.
Sophia will be the cheapest/quickest/easiest in my opinion but it is also the most limited. Study.com has the most options overall and the most UL courses. You will most likely have to use multiple sources of credit either way.

Keep in mind that TESU is updating their policy to require more RA credits, so you will need to get those. The cheapest source of RA credits that I know of is Tel Learning.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • Flelm, Pikachu
Check this other page on the wiki for course recommendations: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

I should add SL because some people do favor that style but SDC and Sophia are usually going to be cheaper.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Kadenbloom, Pikachu
If you're starting fresh, I would reconsider attending TESU, unless you really need the ACBSP accreditation, or you are planning on one of their more specific concentrations. You might want to do a cost/benefit analysis of some of the other options.

I preferred Sophia for information I already knew, and SDC for new information. I didn't use SL.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
(01-22-2021, 11:17 AM)monchevy Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 11:15 AM)Kadenbloom Wrote: I'm planning on attending Tomas Edison State University and would like to know whether or not I should use Sophia, StraighterLine, or study.com for collecting Gen Ed credits, and which ones work the best for you?

You should really do a search, as these questions have been answered a million times. You'd also find more information than would be posted in this thread by the few people who don't mind retyping all their previous posts.

I do understand it can be annoying to answer the same question but the purpose of this thread is the poll. Not anything detailed, just an overall personal choice of people.
(01-22-2021, 11:28 AM)Kadenbloom Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 11:17 AM)monchevy Wrote:

I do understand it can be annoying to answer the same question but the purpose of this thread is the poll. Not anything detailed, just an overall personal choice of people.

I didn't see a poll... ??
[-] The following 1 user Likes monchevy's post:
  • Kadenbloom
(01-22-2021, 11:25 AM)Flelm Wrote: If you're starting fresh, I would reconsider attending TESU, unless you really need the ACBSP accreditation, or you are planning on one of their more specific concentrations. You might want to do a cost/benefit analysis of some of the other options.

I preferred Sophia for information I already knew, and SDC for new information. I didn't use SL.

Why is TESU not a good choice for starting fresh?
I would like to choose between the big 3 because they accept so many credits from Sl, SDC, and Sophia.
So what would you recommend besides TESU?
It depends on what degree you want. If you want computer science, TESU is still the cheapest and easiest. But if you want business, history, or English then UMPI is probably a better choice. COSC and EC have their own good options as well.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Holmes, Pikachu
(01-22-2021, 11:40 AM)rachel83az Wrote: It depends on what degree you want. If you want computer science, TESU is still the cheapest and easiest. But if you want business, history, or English then UMPI is probably a better choice. COSC and EC have their own good options as well.

Ugh, you're right. I was in the business mindset only. My comment of not going with TESU was meant for a business degree only.

You need to figure out what degree you want (if you haven't already) and then figure out what's most important to you: time, cost, accreditation/concentration/AoS options, etc. and choose a degree program based on all those things.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 2 users Like Flelm's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 411 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,507 03-27-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 103 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 388 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,379 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,493 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,762 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 281 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,804 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 612 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger