Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Sophia, only 2 courses active at one time
For those trying to complete these things as quickly as possible, I would suggest that you start with Intro to Psychology, move to Greek Philosophers, then tackle Intro to Ethics. These courses build on and reuse material from one another. This will let you get 3 courses done in only a little more time than you'd need for one course.

Greek Philosophers is extremely short, just one unit. It might actually work best if you take that one first, but I'm not sure. Psychology, Philosophers, Ethics makes the most sense to me personally. Psychology has a bit of philosophy and ethics in it. Ethics starts off with philosophy and looks like it might cover some psychology.
(07-09-2020, 02:36 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: By dropping course you dont change policy. You still have only 2 active courses. But when you are done with 1 of them you are allowed to reenroll in previously dropped course ( as long as you have only 1 active course at that time)

Right, so I can't drop the course then because I currently have 4 active courses and 10 more scheduled to start over the next 4 weeks(These were all registered for before they enacted the new policies.)
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(07-09-2020, 03:39 AM)rachel83az Wrote: For those trying to complete these things as quickly as possible, I would suggest that you start with Intro to Psychology, move to Greek Philosophers, then tackle Intro to Ethics. These courses build on and reuse material from one another. This will let you get 3 courses done in only a little more time than you'd need for one course.

Greek Philosophers is extremely short, just one unit. It might actually work best if you take that one first, but I'm not sure. Psychology, Philosophers, Ethics makes the most sense to me personally. Psychology has a bit of philosophy and ethics in it. Ethics starts off with philosophy and looks like it might cover some psychology.

This is sound advice and I don't fault your logic at all.  But I wanted to point out that when I took Ancient Greek Philosophers in February, it was $149, as opposed to $329 for most of Sophia's other 3-credit courses.

I've no idea what the prices will be on any of Sophia's courses when the promotion is over, but I think it's something to consider.  If I were in a position where I was forced by time constraints to leave some free courses on the table at the end of the promotion, this would probably be one of them.  Of course, if I only had a matter of a few hours to work with, this could be a viable option.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ctcarl's post:
  • TwinMom
I dont understand how this works. What if there are start more courses on the same date. (i have scheduled some courses on the same date).
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
(07-11-2020, 11:38 AM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: I dont understand how this works. What if there are start more courses on the same date. (i have scheduled some courses on the same date).

You can start them before the scheduled start date. You can only work on 2 courses at the same time.
If you already scheduled them, it looks you can take them all at the same time. However, you can't start any new ones that aren't already scheduled until you've finished the ones that are already scheduled.
Thank you!
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
(06-30-2020, 11:05 AM)staroceanex Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 10:51 AM)cecilgambe7 Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 10:22 AM)ARhead Wrote: I guess one thing to do is not have two courses with assignments that have to be marked active at one time, so you can always complete the one without assignments quicker and on to another.

Totally true, sadly my English Composition I course is in progess and not pretty advanced, im finishing with part 2 of 5... and waiting for the first assignment to be graded...

I actually don't know what to do... i really don't want to drop this course...

I would just finish it out and be proactive. You can chat with them to see if they can grade it faster. 

FYI I dropped two courses as I already have them from a different school, It does not give me the same message for "starting" again compared to one I never added. Imo it probably will require a msg to Sophia to get reactivated if you drop it.

I used there online chat at Sophia, they told me it's 7 to 14 business days to get a touchstone graded.
For English Com i suggest to sign up for both on 31 July as last courses. This way you will be free to do all other courses without worrying about any time waiting for Touchstones. Finish as many courses as you can before 31 July. Then enroll in English Com 1+2.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cofffeee's post:
  • ss20ts
(07-12-2020, 05:13 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: For English Com i suggest to sign up for both on 31 July as last courses. This way you will be free to do all other courses without worrying about any time waiting for Touchstones. Finish as many courses as you can before 31 July. Then enroll in English Com 1+2.

Agree, it takes me 32 days to finish English Composition 1, of course i am slower because i am not native english speaker, but considering the time it takes to take the course itself, write the assesments, and wait for them to be graded, these are courses that need more time that others.

Assesment number 4 needs assesment number 3 graded in order to being able to send it.
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 441 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 894 04-23-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 62,194 04-23-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 119 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 510 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,446 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 749 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 1,001 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 262 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 998 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab