Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Texas College Free Semester
(01-07-2022, 11:06 AM)jch Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 10:16 AM)ylmir Wrote: Anyone know if this program still has funds? After going back and forth over email for awhile, I finally managed to get registered today, but now I go to the form (https://stc.media/heerfII) and I get an error message saying I don't have permission to view or submit this form. I am afraid they may have run out of money by now.

Are you signed in to your STC email/JagNet? That's required to access the form.
They never got around to registering me.

Good thought. I was signed in to my JagMail account, but I was also signed in to another school's Microsoft-based student account. After signing out of all of them and back in to only STC, I was able to submit the form. Thanks for the help!
If you get this, do they email you or do they just post something to your account or what?

Interestingly, the ONLY credits that have posted to my account are Sophia credits listed on my TESU transcript. There is NOTHING from ASU, Oakton, or Strayer. Yes, I sent in all those transcripts. I was hoping that at least some of them would count toward CS/IT prerequisites. If I get the award, I might just use it for gen eds.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-08-2022, 03:05 PM)rachel83az Wrote: If you get this, do they email you or do they just post something to your account or what?

Interestingly, the ONLY credits that have posted to my account are Sophia credits listed on my TESU transcript. There is NOTHING from ASU, Oakton, or Strayer. Yes, I sent in all those transcripts. I was hoping that at least some of them would count toward CS/IT prerequisites. If I get the award, I might just use it for gen eds.

Rachel yesterday I contacted STC I send them twice the Sophia transcript and they do not have updated my account, I also sent the transcript from TESU and once claim why my account has not yet updated I can't enroll to any course because of the requirements they updated some of the courses transcribed by TESU, so if any one wants to go to STC I see they do not take ACE credits direct is better to send them to TESU and then request a transcript.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
Just an FYI, my kid is taking a course here, and she was just notified that she would be getting a check mailed to her. Unfortunately, it's not as much as I thought, but it's still a good amount. The fees are RIDICULOUS! Her 3cr course is $200/cr for out of state tuition, and then she has fees of $372! Holy cow!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-credit Fintech certificate, free, U South Florida freeloader 2 147 04-19-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free cybersecurity training course, entry level cert, and candidate status through is MNomadic 20 4,189 04-19-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Free Coursera for Californians ashkir 8 3,018 04-17-2024, 09:49 PM
  Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare” ctcarl 9 2,241 02-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: jch
  University of South Carolina - Free Certificates in Hospitality Management Maniac Craniac 5 1,557 02-15-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  Resource: spreadsheet of free courses from Ivy League universities NatsNerd 3 683 02-09-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: NatsNerd
  Rutgers - Free Certificate in Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving Maniac Craniac 5 1,824 02-05-2024, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Free Community Health Worker certificate at Berkeley City College staceydiane 12 2,138 02-01-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 10 1,871 01-30-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: MFG
  HP & EdX - FREE Professional Certificate in Esports Mgmt, Game Design & Programming Maniac Craniac 11 1,256 01-22-2024, 07:00 PM