Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spanish Titulo Propio & UK Level 7/8 Qualification Framework
Spanish Titulo Propio & UK Level 7/8 Qualification Framework

For those who have purchased a Titulo Propio with 6 ETCS, make sure you are listing this properly as a Masters Class or Course, it is not a Cert, Diploma nor Degree.

Here are my answers to a few questions by private message in regards to Titulo Propio.

1) Where do I find program offerings for Titulo Propio?  Do you have a website recommendation?

Hey, since these websites are listed on DI/DF there are a few sites that offer these Titulo Propio, however, the majority are Spanish. I posted about SAERA https://www.saera.eu/ in the ENEB thread but they aren't as cheap. You can view them from several companies, examples: https://www.aprendum.com/ or https://www.euroinnova.edu.es/ or https://www.emagister.com/express/ and http://esneca.com/ , if you don't need it to be a Masters title, there is also https://educacursos.com/

2) If these programs are in Spanish should I use google translate or something to get these cheap credentials?

SAERA is taught in English, but I know a few people who purchased a few Spanish Titulo Propio and used Google Translate for their Virtual Learning System. Essentially these learning systems are similar to Sophia.org/StraighterLine/Study.com and so on, it's all webbased and that's the reason they can use google translate to convert the page from Spanish to English.

Already in English the ENEB programs are great, It's an interesting thought, I, for one may not do that just to save cash, it'll be a headache...to save on cost but work a bit harder by converting/using Google Translate to do your homework.  I would rather take another program in English, it would be fine for people who know Spanish already though.

3) Are all Titulo Propio recognized the same way?  Are they all partnerships with universities?

No, each and everyone of the Titulo Propio are recognized differently, it all depends on the amount of ECTS that has been assigned or evaluated
Yes, the credential is awarded by the education provider and approved or certified by the University as their "own" but unofficial credential

4) How would you write that on your resume or CV if you ever wanted to list it?

There are credential "tiers" for the Titulo Proio, they are not all created equally and weighted the same.  The 3 major ones are as follows.
A) Masters Class/Course (6 ETCS)  B) Masters Class/Course (ETCS & CEU credits)  C) Masters Diploma/Degree (60 ETCS)
Generally, I would recommend to list it as it shows in the program name but add the word Class/Course if it's 6 ETCS or ETCS & CEU.

5) I completed a Masters in ABC and it has 6 ETC, can I list that as a Masters Diploma or Masters Degree?

No, just because it has a Masters within the word, the credential is not the same, it's a class/course you have taken that is only worth 6 ETCS (3 credits).

6) Why are the pricing so radically different from one provider to another provider for similar courses?

I have seen many courses that are $99 for 6 ETCS and if you do 10, it'll be $990 for 60 ECTS.  These are courses, most likely, intro courses to get you familiar with the subject or improve your current understanding.  It's not a degree/diploma program. 

Then there are a few that are 60 ETCS but cost almost double at $1700 for 60 ECTS, these are full diploma programs, each course builds on the previous level and form a package of the subject matter.  This is similar to diploma/degree offerings.

---

Here are my answers to a few questions by private message in regards to UK Level 7/8.

1) What is the difference between a Level 7/8 Qualification Framework credential?

Both are evaluated as different graduate degree level course work - Level 7 is Masters, Level 8 is Doctorate
However, each level does not equate to a Masters or Doctorate degree when you finish a qualification.
Most of these require additional "top up thesis or dissertation" for completion of each type of degree.

2) What is a top up program and the difference between that and a Level 7/8 Qualification

Think of the Level 7/8 Qualification as the first part of a two part series of the Masters or Doctorate degree
Once the program is complete, then the 'top up' is the second component to finish off the Masters or Doctorate

3) Why would someone choose a Level 7/8 Qualification and then choose a 'top up' instead of directly going for a Masters/Doctorate

A level 7/8 qualification credential does provide advanced knowlegde in a specific subject matter and gives an applicant or student a graduate level credential.
Further to that, it prepares the student towards completion of a Masters or Doctorate degree by getting them a step closer for a much more affordable price.
Completing a Level 7/8 qualification would be a cheaper initial investment as well as, a top up degree would be lower cost as well.

4) Can you provide me an example of a Level 7/8 Qualification and an option to 'top up' for an UK university?

LRN Level 7 Diploma in Business Management - https://www.lrnglobal.org/lrn-level-7-di...anagement/
Cardiff MBA Advanced Entry Top Up - https://www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/management/...Up)--.aspx

5) What's the typical cost of a Level 7/8 Qualification and an option to 'top up'? What's best?

Using the example above, Cardiff Met 'top up' is $3180 British Pounds, you can search online for the cheapest LRN Level 7 Diploma in Business Management, I found one for roughly 1 grand BP.
If you add them together, it'll be roughly $4180 British Pounds for an MBA from the UK.  There are several ATHE, BTC and LRN Level 7 Diplomas and 'top up' options found but at a higher price.
See the link above for possible 'top up' options and do your own search for affordable alternatives.

6) Who are these Level 7/8 Qualifications for?  Who would best be served by them?

Individuals who already have a Bachelors or Level 6 Qualification, have a few years experience in the field, and who want to build on that experience
I think it's perfect for those looking to move up the corporate ladder and not have to pay an arm/leg for higher education, as there is an option for 'top up' later

7) What qualifications are there for each level? Such as for Level 7 or 8, I see Award, Certificate, Diploma, what's the difference?

Each level has credentials for Award, Certificate, Diploma, and Advanced or Extended Diploma - you would need the Diploma or higher level to move into a 'top up' degree option.  
Similar to the Titulo Propio with 6 ECTS, the Award is just a "class/course", it's not a full diploma - the Cert is similar to the 6 ECTS & CEU.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 6 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • asianphd, Mems88, MrPanda, novadar, Thorne, Zardoz
The interesting thing here is that this actually shows how the ENEB degree is a Master's Degree / Master's Diploma because it is a 60 ECTS program filled with individual 6 ECTS classes.

So...noice!
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thorne's post:
  • novadar
(08-20-2020, 10:21 PM)Thorne Wrote: The interesting thing here is that this actually shows how the ENEB degree is a Master's Degree / Master's Diploma because it is a 60 ECTS program filled with individual 6 ECTS classes.

So...noice!

Haha. Noice, makes me think of that Key & Peele skit, lol. Those two were crazy.

Anyway, I agree with your thinking. I think it's hard for many to process that an evaluation done in one country doesn't change what was earned from another, it may only impact some of the things that can be done with it. And of course, if the eval is not needed for a particular person's situation it's of no concern.
[-] The following 2 users Like eLearner's post:
  • novadar, Thorne
(08-21-2020, 12:52 PM)eLearner Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 10:21 PM)Thorne Wrote: The interesting thing here is that this actually shows how the ENEB degree is a Master's Degree / Master's Diploma because it is a 60 ECTS program filled with individual 6 ECTS classes.

So...noice!

Haha. Noice, makes me think of that Key & Peele skit, lol. Those two were crazy.

Anyway, I agree with your thinking. I think it's hard for many to process that an evaluation done in one country doesn't change what was earned from another, it may only impact some of the things that can be done with it. And of course, if the eval is not needed for a particular person's situation it's of no concern.

Excellent observations! The ENEB degree is exactly what its purported to be in Spain. Mileage outside of Spain should be expected to be limited because of known public knowledge that it has limited utility in Spain. At the moment, the two best deal in affordable education is Sophia and ENEB. Hooray for people with a limited budget.
[-] The following 3 users Like Dumber's post:
  • 4252049, rachel83az, Thorne
Yes, I agree with the thought of the Sophia sale being amazing, a very good deal for lower level credits, especially for those who are getting these yearly memberships for $74.50 by splitting the cost or $149 if you don't decide to split the cost. These can add up to literally almost 80-90 credits, if you combine it with other low cost providers such as Study.com , you can get up to 113/114 towards a degree from the Big 3.

In regards to the ENEB deal, I think it's worth it for individuals who have a BA with a concentration or major in something other than Business. These classes from ENEB are pretty much a preview/review of course work similar to Upper Level Study.com business courses. I used it to supplement my knowledge in the business verticals that interest me. Even though it's evaluated as a US Bachelors, it's well worth that $299 price tag.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • rachel83az
To be honest i consider ENEB evaluation as US RA Bachelor equivalent as a great outcome. I hope someone will evaluate it for Canada soon
(08-26-2020, 04:18 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, I agree with the thought of the Sophia sale being amazing, a very good deal for lower level credits, especially for those who are getting these yearly memberships for $74.50 by splitting the cost or $149 if you don't decide to split the cost.  These can add up to literally almost 80-90 credits, if you combine it with other low cost providers such as Study.com , you can get up to 113/114 towards a degree from the Big 3.

In regards to the ENEB deal, I think it's worth it for individuals who have a BA with a concentration or major in something other than Business.  These classes from ENEB are pretty much a preview/review of course work similar to Upper Level Study.com business courses.  I used it to supplement my knowledge in the business verticals that interest me.  Even though it's evaluated as a US Bachelors, it's well worth that $299 price tag.

I think you may just be over-analyzing a little bit. I am completing the Master in Human Resouces simply because it is cheap. However, I have multiple graduate degrees and have attempted and earned numerous graduate courses from several (inexpensive)  universities. The workload at EBEB is similar. Quality-wise, my initial concern was the quality of the core reading materials - the translation was terrible. However, to ENEB's credit, the material has been improving. Crossing the border does not change what the credentials are in  Spain. It looks like some people may be able to use it in the USA for more than was intended in Spain -  but that is a good thing. However, on one's resume it will always be what it is Spain, nothing less. This can also go the other way, we don't care what Spain thinks about Shopia, SL,  Intercert, DETC etc, because they are what they are in the USA
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dumber's post:
  • rachel83az
I live in Europe and my Master’s degree in criminology with U1 counts as a Master’s degree. All together with my BSc In Psychology counted as five years of study . In the United States it is different therefore Americans can benefit mostly from the knowledge rather as a credential.
(01-25-2021, 07:27 AM)Stebven1979 Wrote: I live in Europe and my Master’s degree in criminology with U1 counts as a Master’s degree. All together with my BSc In Psychology counted as five years of study . In the United States it is different therefore Americans can benefit mostly from the knowledge rather as a credential.

Your degree from U1 was an official degree so you had no problems getting it evaluated as such.   The Master Propio degrees that are certified by U1 through ENEB is what is causing confusing and alternate results from evaluators.  We've had it evaluated so far by two, (WES & ECE), one says unaccredited Masters degree (WES) with ENEB evaluated as a standalone and the other one by ECE was evaluated as a regionally accredited Bachelors degree because of the U1 diploma as propio.  Both are still good but as you say, it is more important for the knowledge instead of the credential with ENEB being placed in the same category as other MOOC and alternate credit providers.
(02-03-2021, 11:30 AM)cacoleman1983 Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 07:27 AM)Stebven1979 Wrote: I live in Europe and my Master’s degree in criminology with U1 counts as a Master’s degree. All together with my BSc In Psychology counted as five years of study . In the United States it is different therefore Americans can benefit mostly from the knowledge rather as a credential.

Your degree from U1 was an official degree so you had no problems getting it evaluated as such.   The Master Propio degrees that are certified by U1 through ENEB is what is causing confusing and alternate results from evaluators.  We've had it evaluated so far by two, (WES & ECE), one says unaccredited Masters degree (WES) with ENEB evaluated as a standalone and the other one by ECE was evaluated as a regionally accredited Bachelors degree because of the U1 diploma as propio.  Both are still good but as you say, it is more important for the knowledge instead of the credential with ENEB being placed in the same category as other MOOC and alternate credit providers.

If a place I'm looking at here in the U.S. requires a RA Bachelor's and I happen to receive this unaccredited Masters evaluation, do you think this would meet their requirement? Otherwise, I'd much rather get an RA BS evaluation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legit UK Level 7 and Level 8 Diplomas armstrongsubero 3 317 03-12-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UK Level 7/8 Diploma Questions bennyoftheD 22 2,262 03-10-2024, 02:20 AM
  ENEB MBA/Master + OTHM level 8 Postgraduate | Combination Evaluation ecdw94 4 714 02-28-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  Master’s (Titulo Propio) from Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona? lincolnlawyer 40 2,448 02-27-2024, 02:04 AM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  Masters level credits from Sophia and others? jb111 24 1,591 02-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Universities that accept ects from titulo propio Sdmj33 25 6,921 01-11-2024, 01:01 AM
  Masters-level CBE programs EverSpinning 5 1,421 10-11-2023, 08:21 PM
  Coopersmith and 500 level courses vetvso 14 1,049 08-23-2023, 08:39 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  RA Masters in Spanish: University of the Incarnate Word MrPanda 12 1,375 08-10-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Titulo propio Master's in Psychology? basu888 10 1,589 05-13-2023, 01:29 PM