Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark Chart for Marketing
Greetings everyone:

I saw on this site that somebody mentioned Spark notes for Marketing. Does anybody know if the Spark chart is helpful? It's only $5. I'm using REA and InstantCert, and will take the official CLEP practice marketing test (17th edition) when I've studied some more. For Management, I found the Peterson tests excellent, but they unfortunately do not exist for Marketing.

Yesterday I took the Management CLEP and scored 76 out of 80. I would like to say, however, that I did not find the test particularly easy, and I worked hard for 3 weeks using InstantCert, Comex and the Peterson tests, not to mention the official CLEP test. My university requires not 50 but a score of 65, so I was not overconfident. In addition, we only get one shot, and that's it. No testing 6 months later if you fail.

I write this because I see a number of entries where people say they got high scores with just a few hours/days of prep, and the tests were a breeze. Possibly these people are business majors? Maybe they prepped a little more than they realized? I already have a humanities BA with a GPA is 3.87 (I'm doing a pre-MBA now), so I know how to learn effectively, and I still think it's important to study and prepare--a lot.

I write this for anybody who reads the claims that you can do minimal prep work and just fly through a breezy test and all is well. From what I've seen, too much confidence about how easy something will be is a good way to be taken by surprise and fail a test. This holds true especially if your institution requires a higher score than the standard 50, and/or you only have one chance to pass.

Now about those Spark notes for Marketing -- any opinions on those?

-WF
wfauchier Wrote:Greetings everyone:

I saw on this site that somebody mentioned Spark notes for Marketing. Does anybody know if the Spark chart is helpful? It's only $5. I'm using REA and InstantCert, and will take the official CLEP practice marketing test (17th edition) when I've studied some more. For Management, I found the Peterson tests excellent, but they unfortunately do not exist for Marketing.

Yesterday I took the Management CLEP and scored 76 out of 80. I would like to say, however, that I did not find the test particularly easy, and I worked hard for 3 weeks using InstantCert, Comex and the Peterson tests, not to mention the official CLEP test. My university requires not 50 but a score of 65, so I was not overconfident. In addition, we only get one shot, and that's it. No testing 6 months later if you fail.

I write this because I see a number of entries where people say they got high scores with just a few hours/days of prep, and the tests were a breeze. Possibly these people are business majors? Maybe they prepped a little more than they realized? I already have a humanities BA with a GPA is 3.87 (I'm doing a pre-MBA now), so I know how to learn effectively, and I still think it's important to study and prepare--a lot.

I write this for anybody who reads the claims that you can do minimal prep work and just fly through a breezy test and all is well. From what I've seen, too much confidence about how easy something will be is a good way to be taken by surprise and fail a test. This holds true especially if your institution requires a higher score than the standard 50, and/or you only have one chance to pass.

Now about those Spark notes for Marketing -- any opinions on those?

-WF

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Look at it this way - it can't hurt.

The benefit of the sparkchart is its unique, compact portability of a lot of information that you can study anywhere. GOOD LUCK!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I don't have the Spark Chart for Marketing and didn't use it in my study for that exam. They are very helpful. Like ShotoJuku said, compact and you can study anywhere. I've found them very handy for a quick lookup of certain terms or overview. In general, I don't think they should be used as your sole source of study.

Personally I found the Marketing CLEP very passable with IC's materials alone.
[SIZE="1"]Ana
[COLOR="DarkRed"]96 credits completed (93 by exam)
BS in General Business, Excelsior College (33 credits remaining)
Next exams: DSST Statistics, DSST Business Law 2
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Futurelearn has BA degrees in Marketing & Design for 13k USD. Masters for 7k USD. nyvrem 1 295 02-16-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CBE Marketing Names sanantone 4 592 07-04-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: dbinghamjr
  UMPI YourPace now offering BABA Marketing starting in August ashkir 3 1,523 04-27-2021, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Marketing Communications TECEP bringit 4 2,330 05-16-2019, 08:20 PM
Last Post: CarpeDiem8
  Marketing Communications TECEP Ideas 4 2,134 05-16-2018, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Principles of Marketing CLEP Lyle912 1 1,199 04-08-2018, 08:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  UL Marketing d.cononge 2 1,299 03-16-2018, 09:08 AM
Last Post: d.cononge
  The best material(s) to study to ensure I past the principles of marketing clep?? kokoko678 5 3,586 02-01-2018, 03:39 PM
Last Post: MSK9
  Need Skype tutor for Clep Principles of Marketing. Need to have recently passed exam. kokoko678 0 865 01-30-2018, 03:18 PM
Last Post: kokoko678
  I'm writing a free CLEP Marketing guide - what should I include? zapproximator 1 1,239 12-05-2017, 02:46 PM
Last Post: clep3705