Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Splain yer picture
Ruddigore Wrote:Haha, I can definitely relate. Drawing pictures during the 2AR is particularly tempting. I'm afraid no masterpieces have emerged from this occasional practice, however.
I normally flow the 2AR or go back and clean up my flow of previous speaches. My partner thought I was nuts! hilarious
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Taken:
English Composition w/ Essay CLEP 57
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 65
Introductory Psychology CLEP 57
Western Civilization I CLEP 55[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government
nick94 Wrote:I normally flow the 2AR or go back and clean up my flow of previous speaches. My partner thought I was nuts!
Oh, I normally flowed during the 2AR as well. But you know, there were always those cases...

For example:
Oil Year: Change our heating systems to save on oil
Medical Malpractice year: nothing comes to mind...
NATO year: Cut a project in NATO that researches dolphins
Immigration year: I'm sure there were some...
India year: Change our policy towards India so that India and Myanmar get along. Another was to get rid of genetically modified cotton exported to India because it causes farmer suicide (of course, why didn't I think of that...Rolleyes )

This is REALLY off-topic, but...there it is for those interested.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
:confused: What the heck are you guys talking about???? Fill me in!:confused:
blueberry Wrote::confused: What the heck are you guys talking about???? Fill me in!:confused:
Debate. In Team Policy, which is what we are talking about, it is structured into 8 speeches.

1Affirmative Constructive-1AC
1Negative Constructive-1NC
2Affirmative Constructive-2AC
2Negative Constructive-2NC
1Negative Rebuttal-1NR
1Affirmative Rebuttal-1AR
2Negative Rebuttal-2NR
2Affirmative Rebuttal-2AR (Last speech of the round)

Constructive's are where you build your case, argument, and the rebuttals are where you rebut what the other team said about your arguments. Flowing is a method of note taking during the round.
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government
Aaaaah. I see. Thanks a bunch, Nick!
BTW, congrats on your last pass!
blueberry Wrote:Aaaaah. I see. Thanks a bunch, Nick!
BTW, congrats on your last pass!
Thank you. Now we return this high-jacked thread back to its rightful topic! Wink
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government
nick94 Wrote:Constructive's are where you build your case, argument, and the rebuttals are where you rebut what the other team said about your arguments. Flowing is a method of note taking during the round.
But you forgot about the BEST part: Cross Examination!!! It's the three minute period when you get to ask the other team excellent questions. There are always excellent questions to ask.

But about profile pictures, I think I'll hunt up a good Gilbert and Sullivan opera picture.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
Ruddigore Wrote:But you forgot about the BEST part: Cross Examination!!! It's the three minute period when you get to ask the other team excellent
I didn't want it to get to complex.

Blueberry-Cross Examination is after each constructive speech. Whoever spoke gets asked questions about what they just said. Rudidigore is right, its the best part!
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government
My picture is my Black Pointing Lab pointing! He is an awesome hunter.
Finished in December, 2008 with my BSBA from TESC

Current events dialogue @SamRust on Twitter
Hi,
Since I was in middle school and high school, all I wanted to do was join the Army and jump out of airplanes. After I joined, I went to Airborne School and graduated in 1996. My picture is of the Parachutist Badge (Airborne Wings) that I wear on my uniform. I only jumped 6 out of 13 years of my Army career.
No more jumping for me. Smile
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  little picture pcs 1 895 12-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Last Post: HawkGuy
  Public Profile Picture - PPP ShotoJuku 15 3,210 03-14-2008, 06:52 AM
Last Post: ShotoJuku