Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Splain yer picture
clep101 Wrote:Parachutist Badge
I had always wondered what that was.

Now that I've added something, I should say what it is. My picture is an old poster advertising the opera Ruddigore...which somehow seemed appropriate.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
clep101 Wrote:Hi,
Since I was in middle school and high school, all I wanted to do was join the Army and jump out of airplanes. After I joined, I went to Airborne School and graduated in 1996. My picture is of the Parachutist Badge that I wear on my uniform. I only jumped 6 out of 13 years of my Army career.
No more jumping for me. Smile

Why no more jumping? Too hard on the body? If you wear the badge on your uniform, it must mean you are still active. Hmmmm. Sorry, just wondering as I have absolutely NO desire to parachute, but am amazed that someone would get a job for it! Wink
[COLOR="Teal"][SIZE="4"]Margo
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][B][B]"By endurance, we conquer"[/B][/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="2"] [SIZE="1"] ~ Sir Ernest Shackleton[/SIZE][/SIZE]
for a total of 18

CLEP done through 2010:
U.S. History II (66)
Analyzing & Interpreting Lit (70)
Introduction to Sociology (71)
Social Sciences & History (70)
College Mathematics (57) :o

Hoped for end result before arthritis sets in:
BA in Art, Liberal Studies, or Humanities[/SIZE]
LatinTea Wrote:Why no more jumping? Too hard on the body? If you wear the badge on your uniform, it must mean you are still active. Hmmmm. Sorry, just wondering as I have absolutely NO desire to parachute, but am amazed that someone would get a job for it! Wink

Yep, I am still active and no more jumping for me. You're right, it is hard on the body, especially with all the equipment we have to strap on and jump with. It's fun, but not as fun as jumping freefall (which I haven't done).
For the remainder of my years in the Army, I plan on staying on the ground. Big Grin
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
nick94 Wrote:I didn't want it to get to complex.

Blueberry-Cross Examination is after each constructive speech. Whoever spoke gets asked questions about what they just said. Rudidigore is right, its the best part!

Thanks for clarifying. Debate does sound interesting!
clep101 Wrote:Yep, I am still active and no more jumping for me. You're right, it is hard on the body, especially with all the equipment we have to strap on and jump with. It's fun, but not as fun as jumping freefall (which I haven't done).
For the remainder of my years in the Army, I plan on staying on the ground. Big Grin

Hey, I guessed it! Glad to see that you have had your fun and now you can sit back and say, I did that, no regrets.

BTW, thanks for all you do for our country. We (us non-military) sometimes (well, a lot of time) get complacent about our freedoms here in the U.S. After studying U.S. History II and reading about all the lives lost in the wars, I just gotta say, 'thank you'. It's so small and what you all do is so big, but it's all I can do....so there you have it, "Thanks!" Smile
[COLOR="Teal"][SIZE="4"]Margo
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][B][B]"By endurance, we conquer"[/B][/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="2"] [SIZE="1"] ~ Sir Ernest Shackleton[/SIZE][/SIZE]
for a total of 18

CLEP done through 2010:
U.S. History II (66)
Analyzing & Interpreting Lit (70)
Introduction to Sociology (71)
Social Sciences & History (70)
College Mathematics (57) :o

Hoped for end result before arthritis sets in:
BA in Art, Liberal Studies, or Humanities[/SIZE]
jwilson08 Wrote:Do you speak elvish?
Namarie*

*That was just to show off. I really know NO elvish by heart; all i do know is from the books, their appendices, the movies' subtitles, and the LOTR musical; sorry if i conveyed any intelligence to that point
LOL! Same here, that's the only Elvish I know!! But my debate partner knows a ton...Idk where he gets it all. Did JRR Tolkien write a top secret Elvish Language guide that I don't know about? Smile
Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.
C. S. Lewis

~Passed: CLEP A&I Literature, Introductory Psychology, US History 1, US History 2, English Comp w/ Essay, American Literature, English Literature, Social Sciences & History, Humanities, Introductory Sociology, Human Growth & Development, Educational Psychology, Western Civilizations I,
In the queue:
CLEP-College Mathematics, Western Civilization 2, Natural Sciences, Spanish, Principles Of Management, Principles of Marketing-
Dantes: Introduction to Computing, Introduction to World Religions, Technical Writing, Principles Of Public Speaking
Elizabeth Wrote:LOL! Same here, that's the only Elvish I know!! But my debate partner knows a ton...Idk where he gets it all. Did JRR Tolkien write a top secret Elvish Language guide that I don't know about? Smile
In the Back of the Collector's Edition of the Lord of the Rings that I had it had a comprehensive list and all the characters of the language. Plus waaaaaay too much info on the dwarvish language.
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Taken:
English Composition w/ Essay CLEP 57
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 65
Introductory Psychology CLEP 57
Western Civilization I CLEP 55[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government
nick94 Wrote:In the Back of the Collector's Edition of the Lord of the Rings that I had it had a comprehensive list and all the characters of the language. Plus waaaaaay too much info on the dwarvish language.
Oh my lanta!!! I need to get that, or something like it! Smile
I noticed that you used the past tense "had"...could this mean that you actually got rid of it?
Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.
C. S. Lewis

~Passed: CLEP A&I Literature, Introductory Psychology, US History 1, US History 2, English Comp w/ Essay, American Literature, English Literature, Social Sciences & History, Humanities, Introductory Sociology, Human Growth & Development, Educational Psychology, Western Civilizations I,
In the queue:
CLEP-College Mathematics, Western Civilization 2, Natural Sciences, Spanish, Principles Of Management, Principles of Marketing-
Dantes: Introduction to Computing, Introduction to World Religions, Technical Writing, Principles Of Public Speaking
Elizabeth Wrote:Oh my lanta!!! I need to get that, or something like it! Smile
I noticed that you used the past tense "had"...could this mean that you actually got rid of it?
I would have never got rid of it. I let a friend borrow it though and he thinks he gave it back but I have no clue where it is or if he actually did. Sad
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Taken:
English Composition w/ Essay CLEP 57
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 65
Introductory Psychology CLEP 57
Western Civilization I CLEP 55[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government
That same thing happens to me all the time! I lend my friends books and I never know where they end up...Sad oh well. Smile
Anyway...getting back to the topic at hand.
C. S. Lewis

In the queue:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  little picture pcs 1 904 12-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Last Post: HawkGuy
  Public Profile Picture - PPP ShotoJuku 15 3,244 03-14-2008, 06:52 AM
Last Post: ShotoJuku