Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Session 2 Updates
What is your communications class number? It might be worth doing Communication at Work or Visual Art on Sophia.org and just transfer that in place of their public speaking if you're struggling (if they're okay with it / approve it)
I finished BUS 244 Management Information System.

It was so cringeworthy bad. the professor's a nice dude and all. BUt oh my god. Whomever wrote this for Brandman, Strut, or UMPI does not understand Information Technology at all. It's so horribly outdated and it's bad. By far the worst class ever. I got an 88% on the exam. but I'm contesting the wrong answers, because over half the questions were like 2 or 3 answers were actually technically correct...

I work in Information Systems for a living.....
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • crotique
(03-22-2021, 04:05 AM)ashkir Wrote: I finished BUS 244 Management Information System.

It was so cringeworthy bad. the professor's a nice dude and all. BUt oh my god. Whomever wrote this for Brandman, Strut, or UMPI does not understand Information Technology at all. It's so horribly outdated and it's bad. By far the worst class ever. I got an 88% on the exam. but I'm contesting the wrong answers, because over half the questions were like 2 or 3 answers were actually technically correct...

I work in Information Systems for a living.....

I have this and BUS 353 Legal and Ethical Issues in Business on my class list currently. I started with this and quickly moved to start ethics instead which was easier to move through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(03-17-2021, 09:10 AM)crotique Wrote: Taking COM 210 (Oral Communications) and BUS 200 (Fundamentals of Technology).

I feel a bit lost. The platform is easy to adapt to, but I am still trying to figure out how to present WIP for evaluation for the final. Someone stated to submit it early on so you can easily move forward on your final paper/project or whatnot. The 11-page requirements intimidate me.

The good news is they gave my TESU SOS 110 as credit for their ENG 121. On Monday when reading the syllabus, I contacted my advisor and told her about this class. I was asked to submit their syllabus, final project instructions, and instructor feedback. I submitted all of that as well as my final and they accepted it. I am very pleased.

Did you hear back on how to turn in a draft before your final?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Biology seems to have 4 essays, extraction of your own DNA, and several experiments to do. IT's definitely going to be the most time consuming class of all of them. The professor is really nice however.

IT DOES CONTAIN FUNGI AND BACTERIA... After they told me it doesn't.
(03-22-2021, 03:31 PM)ashkir Wrote: IT DOES CONTAIN FUNGI AND BACTERIA... After they told me it doesn't.

Yikes! That's not good! I hope they change up that class for you.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Can't you take an online Biology I class with virtual labs instead? Wouldn't that be a better option? See if they can transfer Study.com Bio 101L...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-22-2021, 03:31 PM)ashkir Wrote: Biology seems to have 4 essays, extraction of your own DNA, and several experiments to do. IT's definitely going to be the most time consuming class of all of them. The professor is really nice however.

Kinda don't love fungi and bacteria for you....you know the heart transplant guy on chemo....can't say that I'm in love with that. I'd definitely ask the professor to make an accommodation for that.

(03-22-2021, 04:01 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Can't you take an online Biology I class with virtual labs instead?  Wouldn't that be a better option?  See if they can transfer Study.com Bio 101L...

He would need permission to take a class outside of UMPI. He may not get it done and graded quick enough. He's almost done at UMPI. This is his last term. Study courses have waaaay more work than UMPI courses. 
They refused to budge on 103 again (It tried). But, I just heard back from the professor. She is going to set up a full 100% virtual lab environment for me. Smile

(03-22-2021, 04:02 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 03:31 PM)ashkir Wrote: Biology seems to have 4 essays, extraction of your own DNA, and several experiments to do. IT's definitely going to be the most time consuming class of all of them. The professor is really nice however.

Kinda don't love fungi and bacteria for you....you know the heart transplant guy on chemo....can't say that I'm in love with that. I'd definitely ask the professor to make an accommodation for that.

(03-22-2021, 04:01 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Can't you take an online Biology I class with virtual labs instead?  Wouldn't that be a better option?  See if they can transfer Study.com Bio 101L...

He would need permission to take a class outside of UMPI. He may not get it done and graded quick enough. He's almost done at UMPI. This is his last term. Study courses have waaaay more work than UMPI courses. 
Looks like virtual lab is possible from UMPI woohoo. Professor seems to be very, very, understanding so that's really good. She seems really nice too.

Yeah, I have THREE classes left after I get my results from the draft I submit today and the Multiple Choices I Take today.

BIO 105 Human Biology
BUS 469 Strategic Professional Communication
French

I am doing these today:
BUS 321 Human Resource Management
BUS 353 Legal & Ethical Environment of Business

I finished the essay just gonna run it through Grammarly before I draft it in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • ss20ts
Jessica also informed me that the BIO 105 professor would work with me to accommodating my intl status but I'm not very good at BIO at all so not looking forward to that ha. Got my Eng 101 final submitted and graded, all components exemplary except one which I received proficient in the rubric. I now have my first Edu class which includes 20 hours of 'Field Training' which thankfully can be done by observing teaching videos because I don't think anyone at this time can gain access to a classroom right now. I was wondering if anyone has a successful Hum 103 assignment that they're comfortable with sharing by PM or on here. Of course no plagiarising; I'm just looking to make sure that I am on the right track. Just thought I'd ask but if not I'm sure I will figure it out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes portia8's post:
  • ss20ts
(03-23-2021, 05:00 AM)portia8 Wrote: Jessica also informed me that the BIO 105 professor would work with me to accommodating my intl status but I'm not very good at BIO at all so not looking forward to that ha. Got my Eng 101 final submitted and graded, all components exemplary except one which I received proficient in the rubric. I now have my first Edu class which includes 20 hours of 'Field Training' which thankfully can be done by observing teaching videos because I don't think anyone at this time can gain access to a classroom right now. I was wondering if anyone has a successful Hum 103 assignment that they're comfortable with sharing by PM or on here. Of course no plagiarising; I'm just looking to make sure that I am on the right track. Just thought I'd ask but if not I'm sure I will figure it out.

I don't think anyone would share their paper. They do have to abide by the academic integrity policy. If you have questions, you should reach out to your professor. Remember, you get to submit a rough draft and wait for their feedback before submitting the final draft.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,421 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 850 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Returning to school Spring...next week. Terrified ender5803 8 652 01-11-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: ender5803
  Will all the courses be offered every session? sdw1243 2 418 08-29-2023, 11:58 AM
  Can't start this session, super bummed.. lllunchbox 13 1,016 08-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Upcoming Session wj123 3 449 08-17-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: wj123
  Fall 2021 Session 2 -- What is YOURPace? ashkir 140 14,520 08-03-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: thestudyguy
  Dean's List for Summer Session? klone 2 408 07-18-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Course Offerings Per Session Infinite-Telephone52 4 674 06-11-2023, 02:29 PM
  Got my Grades for Spring II term!! joshua27 25 1,876 05-17-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Pancman237