Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Session 2 Updates
This is the worst horror story ever...

I thank you for being the guinea pig in the experience of BIO 105. I hated paying for my Bio class from Study but it seems like it was worth the money. I’m done with the class after 3 dedicated days of virtual labs and quizzes. Also, I’ve always hated bio in school so I would’ve probably dragged my feet for 8 weeks if I had a similar experience. Kudos to you for your perseverance!

Anyone know if these courses have a test or a paper? Planning out my remaining 4 weeks and I want to know what to expect.

Business Analytics
Operations Management
Strategic Professional Communication

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 2 users Like oroseeo's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az
(04-08-2021, 08:55 PM)oroseeo Wrote: This is the worst horror story ever...

I thank you for being the guinea pig in the experience of BIO 105. I hated paying for my Bio class from Study but it seems like it was worth the money. I’m done with the class after 3 dedicated days of virtual labs and quizzes. Also, I’ve always hated bio in school so I would’ve probably dragged my feet for 8 weeks if I had a similar experience. Kudos to you for your perseverance!

Anyone know if these courses have a test or a paper? Planning out my remaining 4 weeks and I want to know what to expect.

Business Analytics
Operations Management
Strategic Professional Communication

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thaanks. They promised to clean up Bio 105. I think it is a bit newer so that's why there are so many hiccups. I Think it's still in "development" I got an email from the professor with a corrected final as they realized the one on the system was wrong. :/ I feel like dragging my feet out but I just want it done at this point and I didn't really want to drop $200 I don't have on Study.com 

For me  they were the following:
Business Analytics - Exam (multiple choice)
Operations Management - Powerpoint, about 15 slides. 
Strategic Professional communication - 15-page essay, actually on the easier side. But, be sure to mention a lot about communication techniques throughout your essay.

(04-08-2021, 02:46 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Oh no.
(04-08-2021, 02:57 PM)missbootyfull Wrote: They added those after you finished everything?!
Oye. Yep. So basically I talked to Jessica and Cody they were like WTF. I emailed the professor as well to complain personally.

Guess what was wrong the entire time? The entire class was a mix of new / old material and new / old assignments etc that made it much harder. They didn't realize it wasn't fully updated to the Bio 105 it should've been.

They promised to fix it. I am pretty confident 100% this is why I had so many issues, was because it has requirements that made no sense for exams, and why I had so many returns... Because the assignment I saw was different then the one the professor thought she had!

I found out I am the first one they've had on their online program to hit the final of Bio 105. I guess the others gave up and transferred in. So nobody ever really told them about it!
(04-08-2021, 06:31 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Ouch, that's like a purposely placed perfect pitched plot to make you take an extra term... hmm, the thickening plot I think is going to be interesting... err, this gets more interesting than the drama I'm currently addicted to! <turns on TV>
Hahaha. I felt like that too but I have a lot of time left on this term still so... I wasn't too concerned, it was just so messy and Jessica did approve me taking study.com to transfer in to take that bio 105 but I decided to just stick it out.
Oh my goodness! Haven't you been contacting them about BIO 105 this whole time? I guess nobody thought to make a test student account to make sure that everything was how it should be.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
STRATEGIC PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION — ATTEMPT 1 — FINAL SUBMISSION

100% \o/ woooooot
(04-10-2021, 11:04 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Oh my goodness! Haven't you been contacting them about BIO 105 this whole time? I guess nobody thought to make a test student account to make sure that everything was how it should be.

Yeah exactly! I have been communicating it but I've asked to stay anonymous in fears of retaliation just in case as I knew bio 105 would be my last course.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • rachel83az
(04-10-2021, 02:27 PM)ashkir Wrote: STRATEGIC PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION — ATTEMPT 1 — FINAL SUBMISSION

100% \o/ woooooot
(04-10-2021, 11:04 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Oh my goodness! Haven't you been contacting them about BIO 105 this whole time? I guess nobody thought to make a test student account to make sure that everything was how it should be.

Yeah exactly! I have been communicating it but I've asked to stay anonymous in fears of retaliation just in case as I knew bio 105 would be my last course.

That's interesting because I hit the final and actually sent Jessica and Cody your comments as well so they know I am not crazy I hope this gets fixed because I was two days away from SDC bio101L
awesome!

If anyone else is taking Bio 105 right now, contact Cody/Jessica and tell them what is being hard about it and about the nit pickiness of it, but give them your take on it! I think it is important they know these.

It's ridic how much more Bio 105 requires then everything else.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • crotique
I um... I um... I um...

AM DONE

GOOD RIDDANCE! Biology is freaken done and I got a perfect score pretty much.

I AM DONE WITH MY BACHELORS! 

An entire bachelor's degree in 226 days. This is 7 months! (I also took a 1.5-month break too! So I really did it in 6 months) 

Holy shit.
[-] The following 4 users Like ashkir's post:
  • BetaBen, P226mem, Pikachu, rachel83az
Congrats! Way to go! It's awesome that you are done with your Bachelor's now!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Congratulations YAYYYYYY
(04-12-2021, 11:23 AM)ashkir Wrote: I um... I um... I um...

AM DONE

GOOD RIDDANCE! Biology is freaken done and I got a perfect score pretty much.

I AM DONE WITH MY BACHELORS! 

An entire bachelor's degree in 226 days. This is 7 months! (I also took a 1.5-month break too! So I really did it in 6 months) 

Holy shit.

congratulations!

I believe you are one of the first people on this fourm to graduate UMPI yourpace.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,647 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 917 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Returning to school Spring...next week. Terrified ender5803 8 740 01-11-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: ender5803
  Will all the courses be offered every session? sdw1243 2 437 08-29-2023, 11:58 AM
  Can't start this session, super bummed.. lllunchbox 13 1,039 08-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Upcoming Session wj123 3 483 08-17-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: wj123
  Fall 2021 Session 2 -- What is YOURPace? ashkir 140 14,661 08-03-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: thestudyguy
  Dean's List for Summer Session? klone 2 435 07-18-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Course Offerings Per Session Infinite-Telephone52 4 691 06-11-2023, 02:29 PM
  Got my Grades for Spring II term!! joshua27 25 1,935 05-17-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Pancman237