Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline CHEM 101 - General Chemistry
Hi! I'm in a bind and have to complete general chemistry with Straighterline in 9 days. I've completed all of the exams, but have the final exam remaining. Does anyone have input on studying for know of final exam study guides I can access online? There is so much material to cover I am not sure how my studying strategy should go. Are the questions pulled from the previous course exams or are they completely new? I heard of many people failing. I'm a beginner to chemistry and feel lost. Any help / advice / or overview of your experience with this course is appreciated !!
[-] The following 1 user Likes lem5283's post:
  • akr680
You could have some questions from previous non-final exams.
Calculate what percentage you need to pass the course. The final is only 310/1000, you need 700/1000 overall so ...
Your final will be closed book. The "Periodic Table" under final exam resources on Moodle left navigation bar and the scientific calculator are allowed. You should be familiar with them, use them while you practice. You can have one 5 min break if you need to.
I thought the course was too intense after getting into it and requested to switch to anatomy physiology.
(09-19-2019, 02:25 PM)lem5283 Wrote: Hi! I'm in a bind and have to complete general chemistry with Straighterline in 9 days. I've completed all of the exams, but have the final exam remaining. Does anyone have input on studying for know of final exam study guides I can access online? There is so much material to cover I am not sure how my studying strategy should go. Are the questions pulled from the previous course exams or are they completely new? I heard of many people failing. I'm a beginner to chemistry and feel lost. Any help / advice / or overview of your experience with this course is appreciated !!
Hi. Did you give the finals? How was it? Do you have questions from finals? You gave Proctored exam? Please reply.
(04-20-2020, 09:15 PM)Rubinamulla Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 02:25 PM)lem5283 Wrote: Hi! I'm in a bind and have to complete general chemistry with Straighterline in 9 days........
Hi. Did you give the finals? How was it? Do you have questions from finals? You gave Proctored exam? Please reply.

That user hasn't logged onto this site in a while. However, I found a review of SL Chemistry 1 on another thread that should answer your questions.
An FYI, the StraighterLine courses are pretty well done as they use a great textbook. Some but not all their courses are open book final, so you can practically pass the course as long as you get 70% cumulative grade. The final exam is only worth 30% in most cases, so you can get a mediocre score and pass. For the labs, as long as you do all the work, it should be an easy course to complete as well.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you so much.  Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 414 6 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 103 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,769 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,410 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 264 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 274 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 669 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 416 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 583 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,124 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore