Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Lab Kit Contents
(10-17-2019, 05:52 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 01:08 PM)Clepper43 Wrote:
(05-24-2018, 01:17 AM)High_Order1 Wrote: I did not buy a SL bio kit. I passed.

Having said that, I do not know what they currently require, either.

Hey I know this is old but don't you need to lab kit or are there things you can substitute?

I don't see how that's possible.  The first assignment is to submit a picture of the code inside your box.

I'm betting anything the person took the SL Biology class, but did not take the SL Biology Lab.  You don't have to take both concurrently, though it would be odd to not do so.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
(10-18-2019, 05:56 PM)jamshid666 Wrote:

Hey I know this is old but don't you need to lab kit or are there things you can substitute?

I don't see how that's possible.  The first assignment is to submit a picture of the code inside your box.

I'm betting anything the person took the SL Biology class, but did not take the SL Biology Lab.  You don't have to take both concurrently, though it would be odd to not do so.

In our case, my kids took the SL Bio and SL Nutrition - and then separately much later I signed them up for the SL bio lab. You don' thave to do them at the same time because they aren't really linked, but in the end we opted out of that and went with RIO.
(10-19-2019, 11:00 AM)cookderosa Wrote:

In our case, my kids took the SL Bio and SL Nutrition - and then separately much later I signed them up for the SL bio lab.  You don' thave to do them at the same time because they aren't really linked, but in the end we opted out of that and went with RIO.
ugh found out from SL that you can't share a lab kit at Straighterline....
(10-24-2019, 01:42 PM)Clepper43 Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 01:08 PM)Clepper43 Wrote: Hey I know this is old but don't you need to lab kit or are there things you can substitute?

In our case, my kids took the SL Bio and SL Nutrition - and then separately much later I signed them up for the SL bio lab.  You don' thave to do them at the same time because they aren't really linked, but in the end we opted out of that and went with RIO.

I thought SL offered a group lab form that up to three students were able to register and share the same lab kit # to post your assignments. Is this no longer an available option to request?
(10-24-2019, 02:49 PM)shadowgem Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 05:52 PM)cookderosa Wrote: I don't see how that's possible.  The first assignment is to submit a picture of the code inside your box.

I thought SL offered a group lab form that up to three students were able to register and share the same lab kit # to post your assignments. Is this no longer an available option to request?
I just "chatted" with them and that is the answer they gave. Not sure who you could appeal to. Escience said you need to ask your instructor so I went in a circle.
if you going to be doing A&P 1 & 2 Order the kit together, i just finished it for my nursing program.
Here is the info:

Lab & Lab Kit Information
Welcome to the Lab for Anatomy and Physiology I
This course utilizes custom lab kit from eScienceLabs which costs $211.65 plus shipping. Click the kit code [Kit5201] to purchase from eScienceLabs. If you are taking BIO201L and BIO202L with StraighterLine, you can purchased a combined lab kit [Kit5219] for $330.65. Please note that purchasing the correct kit is essential to your success in the course. Complete the purchase and the kit will be sent directly to you. Upon arrival, please verify that your kit contains all of the equipment and reagents described on the kit inventory sheet. If any items are missing, you can contact eScienceLabs directly at info@esciencelabs.com or 888-ESL-KITS.
Please note: For many of the labs you will be asked to upload completed lab exercises, experiments, pre- and post-lab questions, and a digital photo of your dissection/lab experiments. These uploaded files will be graded. Completing all elements of the labs is required to receive a transcript and/or credit for this course.

Last modified: Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 10:52 AM
(10-24-2019, 03:34 PM)Clepper43 Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 05:56 PM)jamshid666 Wrote: I'm betting anything the person took the SL Biology class, but did not take the SL Biology Lab.  You don't have to take both concurrently, though it would be odd to not do so.

I just "chatted" with them and that is the answer they gave. Not sure who you could appeal to. Escience said you need to ask your instructor so I went in a circle.

I can't get into our account since it's not active, so I apologize for not being more specific about what I asked and who I spoke to- but you need to ask advising or someone other than the chat person. You for sure can do group labs.

EDIT: I was able to log in!
You'll want to request the Group Lab Form pdf

The one I have is from 2018 so it's not helpful for me to send it to you, but here is the text:

(page 1)
StraighterLine Group Lab Request Form and Policies
In the event that students wish to share the cost of at home lab kits from eScience Labs it is possible to register a single kit for use by a group of up to three students. This form is used to notify StraighterLine of your desire to do so, a list of all group members and the kit code/digital proof of purchase.
1. Complete the StraighterLine Group Lab Request Form and submit page 2 digitally to StraighterLine at advisor@straighterline.com prior to attempting any lab report upload exercise/activity.
2. Once approved, each group member should upload the confirmation document PDF returned by StraighterLine to the “Lab Kit Registration” exercise.
3. Adhere to all rules and guidelines included here to ensure efficient grading and turnaround of all submissions.

(page 2)
StraighterLine Group Lab Request Form
Student 1 Name: ___________________________________________________________
Student 1 Email: ___________________________________________________________
Student 1 Address: _________________________________________________________
Student 2 Name: ___________________________________________________________
Student 2 Email: ___________________________________________________________
Student 2 Address: _________________________________________________________
Student 3 Name: ___________________________________________________________
Student 3 Email: ___________________________________________________________
Student 3 Address: _________________________________________________________
Partner Organization (If Applicable): ___________________________________________
Lab Course: _______________________________________________________________
Location where Labs will be Performed (Description, Address, City, State and Zip):

(page 3)
Rules and Guidelines for Group Lab Work
Adherence to all rules, policies, and guidelines outlined in StraighterLine’s Academic Honesty
Policy is expected of all StraighterLine students. http://www.straighterline.com/academichonesty-
policy/
The Group Lab registration process is provided as a means for students to share in the cost
of purchasing at home lab kits essential for the successful completion of labs offered by
StraighterLine. Each student is still expected to complete and submit their own lab work,
including all required parts, images and documentation.
Written Work:
While group completion of the labs is permitted, each student will still need to complete and
upload their own lab report written in their own words. Written answers need to be original to
each student submitting (so each group participant should be careful to write each answer in
their own words). Copied phrases and answers among students, even those working in
groups, is considered plagiarism and may result in an academic hold for your group members
until satisfactory submissions have been received and evaluated.
As each student is submitting their own work to their own account, group members will be
evaluated individually.
For images please use the below format for group member name inclusion for verification. As
long as the images are formatted as detailed below they may be the same in each upload
document.
Sample image for group work formatted correctly will include, a full image of the lab step
requested, legible names of all group members on a document in the frame, and will be
unchanged/augmented post photo (see below).

(page 4)
sample photo
(10-27-2019, 05:41 AM)cookderosa Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 03:34 PM)Clepper43 Wrote:
(10-19-2019, 11:00 AM)cookderosa Wrote: In our case, my kids took the SL Bio and SL Nutrition - and then separately much later I signed them up for the SL bio lab.  You don' thave to do them at the same time because they aren't really linked, but in the end we opted out of that and went with RIO.

I can't get into our account since it's not active, so I apologize for not being more specific about what I asked and who I spoke to- but you need to ask advising or someone other than the chat person.  You for sure can do group labs.

EDIT:  I was able to log in!  
You'll want to request the Group Lab Form pdf

Thank you! It had been too long for me to recall for certain, but I was sure this was possible a few years ago at least lol Hopefully they still allow it. Lab kits can be so expensive.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shadowgem's post:
  • Clepper43

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 391 43 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 100 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,742 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 262 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 666 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 414 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 581 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,123 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com vs. StraighterLine bjcheung77 2 1,055 03-23-2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: jsh1138