Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline slightly frustrating..
If it's for TESU, make sure you take College Comp WITH essay. That's the only one that will count for English Comp II (if you take College Comp w/o the essay, it counts as English Comp I, and if you take College Comp Modular, with or without essay, it also only counts for English Comp I).

If you take the TECEP, it's not too bad. Definitely not hard.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Very important distinction! Thank you!!!

dfrecore Wrote:If it's for TESU, make sure you take College Comp WITH essay. That's the only one that will count for English Comp II (if you take College Comp w/o the essay, it counts as English Comp I, and if you take College Comp Modular, with or without essay, it also only counts for English Comp I).

If you take the TECEP, it's not too bad. Definitely not hard.
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
Does anyone know if TESU will take the extra 3 credits from the English Comp Clep (which is 6 credits), and apply them to the Gen Ed section of the BSBA?
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

Toastmaster Wrote:Does anyone know if TESU will take the extra 3 credits from the English Comp Clep, and apply them to the Gen Ed sections for the BSBA?

I think you're asking if the duplicate credit will transfer somewhere else. They answer is no, because you already have the credit elsewhere. The extra three is duplicate and does not count.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
No, what I'm saying is can I kill two birds with one stone by taking that CLEP since it is worth 6 credits. Smile

Will it fulfill both Eng Comp 2 (3 credits) AND fill a Gen Ed space with the other 3 credits. (So that I have one less class to take)

Prloko Wrote:I think you're asking if the duplicate credit will transfer somewhere else. They answer is no, because you already have the credit elsewhere. The extra three is duplicate and does not count.

That CLEP always comes in as 3 credits of ENC-101 and 3 of ENC-102. If you already have another source of ENC-101, it will be "wasted" credits that can't be applied anywhere.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
Ah!!! I see. Okay, thank you!

Flelm Wrote:That CLEP always
comes in as 3 credits of ENC-101 and 3 of ENC-102. If you already have another source of ENC-101, it will be "wasted" credits that can't be applied anywhere.

Okay! Last question �� Do you all think the College Comp CLEP cam be studied for in a week?

I just called my local Testing Center and they have openings next Saturday Smile

Toastmaster Wrote:Okay! Last question 😂 Do you all think the College Comp CLEP cam be studied for in a week?

I just called my local Testing Center and they have openings next Saturday Smile

Yes. I don't think it's super difficult in terms of studying (I haven't taken, just from what I've read). I think it's that there is a lot of typing required - that's what seems to trip people up the most, the writing an essay in a short period of time.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I took it cold about a month ago. I got a 66, which is passing. I also consider myself really good at taking tests, and I read a lot, and I am a decent writer (I think).

That being said, I breezed through the multiple choice, but I found myself coming down to the wire on the essays. If anything, that's where I would suggest focusing your efforts: time management, brainstorming, writing, editing.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ISO Straighterline Books cookderosa 4 1,308 12-13-2016, 05:17 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Straighterline spammer / policy change needed dmjacobsen 10 2,100 10-30-2016, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Prloko
  Straighterline negative reivews? TESUAbroad 11 2,252 09-23-2016, 10:32 AM
Last Post: jlearn25
  Something cool (a story) from Straighterline rebel100 2 1,054 03-30-2016, 07:22 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Straighterline reviews gingerbeefE 9 2,577 10-19-2015, 04:23 AM
Last Post: gingerbeefE
  Introducing StraighterLine Partner College Scholarships Saharapost 3 1,247 04-24-2014, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Saharapost
  As APUS Joins Straighterline as a" partner college".... Saharapost 4 1,244 02-11-2014, 06:08 PM
  Straighterline- Next course offerings Saharapost 8 1,158 11-16-2013, 07:19 PM
  Azusa Pacific Online University Partners with StraighterLine to Offer Learners Online Saharapost 0 1,026 10-08-2013, 04:27 AM
  Straighterline Books robe4658 0 666 06-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Last Post: robe4658