Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com 5 exam a month "limit" is REAL
(06-23-2020, 04:02 PM)cerich67 Wrote: well, they were all business courses and I have been in business management for 23 years, plus my own business last 13 so it wasn't much new material.

I also have completed a dozen Sophia courses. Two of them were the one credit ones so call it 10. I am waiting on grading on two more Sophia and they will be done.

So maybe a bit of a machine, I have done 17 courses of 3 SH each and 2 of 1 SH each since May 21st when I saw that Sophia was free and after over a decade considering a degree effort from one of the big 3 finally got off the fence. Once the grading is done that will be 53 SH in one month and 2 days. My study.com sub started the 28th of May. I prefer and choose to do courses versus test out because really I figured the time to do the courses will be the same as doing study to test out, plus testing centers are shut anyhow. I am a fast reader and good retainer of what I read, that obviously helps along with my experience. I will say that I am learning new stuff and enjoying the process.

Between the sophia free courses and business down a lot with covid (in a industry where travel and recreation dollars are spent) I am able to throw 4-5 hours a day at it and still get my work done (mostly, my employees may differ, but they can do a bit more of stuff I normally do because they are slow as well task wise and if I am doing a course I am not walking around looking for stuff to keep them busy. Having been in the navy years ago, when quiet my instinct is tell them to clean or paint, and really the place doesn't need painting and telling them to clean every day will just get them pissed off so.. me doing classes is better for all of us )

With study.com you can complete all the quizzes and just wait for the next monthly cycle to max out again on tests. I think the 5 tests a month limit does slow down people that are high performers or people that put a lot of hours into studying.

If you are doing BSBA business, you can get to 76 credits with Sophia alone. Then 5 courses with study.com will put you at 91 credits and after 1 month and 1 day, you can do 5 more tests which puts you at 106 which then you can take the capstone/cornerstone that takes 3 months. While taking the capstone, you can take your time and finish up Study.com remaining courses.

I have a background in business and computers. I find that there are lots of holes in my knowledge so depending on the course, it seems like on average 25% to 50% of the course tends to be new information with rest being review.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(06-23-2020, 09:45 PM)LevelUP Wrote: With study.com you can complete all the quizzes and just wait for the next monthly cycle to max out again on tests.  I think the 5 tests a month limit does slow down people that are high performers or people that put a lot of hours into studying.

If you are doing BSBA business, you can get to 76 credits with Sophia alone. Then 5 courses with study.com will put you at 91 credits and after 1 month and 1 day, you can do 5 more tests which puts you at 106 which then you can take the capstone/cornerstone that takes 3 months. While taking the capstone, you can take your time and finish up Study.com remaining courses.

I have a background in business and computers.  I find that there are lots of holes in my knowledge so depending on the course, it seems like on average 25% to 50% of the course tends to be new information with rest being review.

I thought with the BSBA, you not only need 106cr, you also need all of your Core & AOS courses done before you can sign up for the capstone.  If that's the case, then you might want to do those first.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,275 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,468 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,577 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  AWIT Real-world Cloud Product (Coursera) Transfer cizzie 26 3,259 03-17-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 261 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 966 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly