Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Credits at TESU expire
(03-27-2021, 03:11 PM)alsimko Wrote: Is there a benefit to having the TESU classes transfer into Study as a specific class compared to other schools where they don't?  If so, what is the benefit?

You mean beyond being able to easily tell which SDC course will meet what requirement?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-27-2021, 03:21 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 03:11 PM)alsimko Wrote: Is there a benefit to having the TESU classes transfer into Study as a specific class compared to other schools where they don't?  If so, what is the benefit?

You mean beyond being able to easily tell which SDC course will meet what requirement?

Yes.  I have a study rep helping me to map classes to the requirements so I'm fine there, but is there another benefit I'm not seeing?
(03-27-2021, 03:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh dear, this is sad, how can a senior advisor make the mistake?!  Now, it's up to you my friend, to correct them... so, reply back and indicate to them, it was supposed to be Lower Level and now it's Upper Level as per the recommendations on ACE's own website.  I mentioned it in my earlier post... so they made a mistake.  If they wanted more details, indicate to them, they may have had it upper level all along but now they should still follow ACE recommendation.  See below...

Lower Level - https://i.imgur.com/Ocrt57V.jpg

[Image: Ocrt57V.jpg]

Upper Level - https://i.imgur.com/WvvUIOV.jpg

[Image: WvvUIOV.jpg]

Thank you! I will send this off to TESU.
(03-27-2021, 04:19 PM)alsimko Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 03:21 PM)rachel83az Wrote:

Yes.  I have a study rep helping me to map classes to the requirements so I'm fine there, but is there another benefit I'm not seeing?

There are no other benefits, the numbers don't really mean a thing when being transferred to another school. It's just a classification system for categorizing everything in an orderly fashion, like at a library. For the corresponding numbers - It's just to show for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th year... the only thing you will know from the number is, it's either lower level or upper level, each school will have it show differently.

(03-27-2021, 03:19 PM)P226mem Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 02:50 PM)Dumber Wrote: Here is what I got from TESU:

On Friday, March 26, 2021, 09:14:16 a.m. MDT, StuSupport <stusupport@tesu.edu> wrote:
It appears that ACE has changed the recommendation for the Study.com course, Psychology 301. Between August 2017 and December 2020, it would have transferred as an upper level course (PSY-401). Now that it's been changed, the new review period runs from January 2021 through August 2023 and the recommendation is PSY-163.

Senior Academic Program Advisor
Thomas Edison State University

oh dear.  did that one in August so it counted.

I noticed on NCCRS site that SDC course is still listed at upper level.  Maybe the NCCRS link would help with your appeal. ?

http://www.nationalccrs.org/organization...ycom#n8484

@Dumber, if you do get push back from Academic Advising, you may want to do what p226mem said.  NCCRS still lists this course as Upper Level, so there is another round of ammo pointing to TESU that this course still should be considered as Upper Level.  But pointing out ACE is the way to go, if you need to, follow up with them mentioning NCCRS also evaluated the course as Upper Level.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you so much! I appreciate all of the knowledge sharing!
I'm thinking they used the NCCRS version for upper level when bringing it over as Psy 401.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

This is what I got this morning from TESU. I think it is dismissive because the advisor wants me to do the work to have her system changed instead of her doing the work:

StuSupport <stusupport@tesu.edu> Mon., Mar. 29 at 5:45 a.m.

Please forward this information in a separate email to the Office of the Registrar for review and verification. If the equivalency should truly be changed, they will update it in our system. You can reach them at registrar@tesu.edu; please do not copy me on the message otherwise it won't route correctly.

Senior Academic Program Advisor
Thomas Edison State University
TESU could certainly do with having a decent ticketing system in place rather than whatever they've got going now.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I think differently. I don't take it as dismissive. I take it as it needs to be asked to the Registrar for that approval. Advisor can move courses within the evaluation, but can't change the stuff you need changed. That reminds me of going to the community college and asking them to check on my CLEP exams. The first office I went to told me "go across the hall." Wasn't dismissive. It was helpful to get me to the right place. And I had to do that once or twice at TESU with sending second email. Yes, I agree that the system could be better.

send it to registrar with the NCCRS stuff and see what they say. Decisions about how to transfer credit belong to them. Let us know how it goes.....
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(03-29-2021, 09:57 AM)P226mem Wrote: I think differently. I don't take it as dismissive.  I take it as it needs to be asked to the Registrar for that approval.  Advisor can move courses within the evaluation, but can't change the stuff you need changed.   That reminds me of going to the community college and asking them to check on my CLEP exams. The first office I went to told me "go across the hall." Wasn't dismissive. It was helpful to get me to the right place. And I had to do that once or twice at TESU with sending second email.  Yes, I agree that the system could be better.

send it to registrar with the NCCRS stuff and see what they say.  Decisions about how to transfer credit belong to them. Let us know how it goes.....

I am looking for help on a narrative to send to the registrar to get this changed so it benefits everyone. Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,547 6 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 607 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 499 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 524 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 340 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 273 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,324 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 248 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 400 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 219 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX