Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Credits at TESU expire
(03-29-2021, 09:50 AM)Dumber Wrote: This is what I got this morning from TESU. I think it is dismissive because the advisor wants me to do the work to have her system changed instead of her doing the work:

StuSupport <stusupport@tesu.edu> Mon., Mar. 29 at 5:45 a.m.

Please forward this information in a separate email to the Office of the Registrar for review and verification. If the equivalency should truly be changed, they will update it in our system. You can reach them at registrar@tesu.edu; please do not copy me on the message otherwise it won't route correctly.

Senior Academic Program Advisor
Thomas Edison State University
I'm surprised she didn't do that for you. I had an issue with StraighterLine's Microbiology lab where they said something similar to what's going on with you. I sent my advisor the ACE dates and he sent it to the registrar and bam everything was fixed.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • Dumber
LOL, as the email says - Please forward this information in a separate email to the Office of the Registrar for review and verification. That's all you do, no need to re-write anything. Just point to the ACE website and dates as well as the NCCRS details, re-state that this should be upper level as per the recommendations of both ACE & NCCRS. Ask them to re-evaluate and review/verify and apply it to your account as pre-approved.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Dumber, P226mem
(03-29-2021, 10:21 AM)Dumber Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 09:57 AM)P226mem Wrote: I think differently. I don't take it as dismissive.  I take it as it needs to be asked to the Registrar for that approval.  Advisor can move courses within the evaluation, but can't change the stuff you need changed.   That reminds me of going to the community college and asking them to check on my CLEP exams. The first office I went to told me "go across the hall." Wasn't dismissive. It was helpful to get me to the right place. And I had to do that once or twice at TESU with sending second email.  Yes, I agree that the system could be better.

send it to registrar with the NCCRS stuff and see what they say.  Decisions about how to transfer credit belong to them. Let us know how it goes.....

I am looking for help on a narrative to send to the registrar to get this changed so it benefits everyone. Thanks

Send the registrar a screen shot and link to the NCCRS database, since that's the one you want (UL the date you took the course).  Do NOT send ACE, since that's going to be an issue for you.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I sent a snapshot of one of the pictures provided by bjcheung77. I hope it works. I am not the best at writing and convincing anyone to do anything. I will update you after I received feedback from the TESU's registrar.

Bad news!
StuSupport <stusupport@tesu.edu> Mon., Mar. 29 at 10:49 a.m.

Thank you for the inquiry and the research you have conducted for Study.com course PSY301 Industrial/Organizational Psychology. While the information presented with regards to the ACE and NCCRS recommendations is accurate, TESU reserves the right to make their own determination on transfer equivalencies. Any changes to transfer equivalencies from Study.com are completed in coordination with their organization, and are done so in order to allow students ample time to adapt to the change.

With that said, in September 2020, several Study.com courses were reviewed to ensure the proper equivalency was being awarded. PSY301 was included in this list, and it was determined by the Heavin School of Arts and Sciences that the transfer equivalency that TESU would award moving forward was that of PSY-163 Introduction to Industrial Psychology. This change went into effect for those Study.com courses completed on January 1, 2021 and later. Any student who completed this course before January 1, 2021 would be awarded a TESU equivalency of PSY-401 Industrial/Organizational Psychology.

For the majority of Study.com courses, TESU follows the ACE or NCCRS credit recommendation. However, it should be noted that TESU is also able to make their own equivalency determination following a course review by the Dean. While I'm sure this was not the response you were hoping for, please note that TESU representatives have done their due diligence to ensure that the proper level of equivalency is being awarded to students.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I have CC'd your Advisor in case you would like to discuss alternative ways to complete your TESU degree requirements.

Thanks,

Senior Academic Evaluator

Transfer Credit Center

Office of the Registrar

bummer. not the outcome we wanted at all. And now we know when the change happened and can share going forward. And also why it is important to get check with tesu before decided.

wonder how to let SDC know to update ? (and I do wonder what the other courses were that tesu checked....)
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Wow - oh my gosh!, I guess they instituted some changes without letting people know! Namely January 1, 2021 the new RA requirements and they now have reviewed the Approved Provider lists courses. I am assuming this is because they want all provider courses to come in as "lower level"... I am wondering what other courses were updated and downgraded from Upper Level to Lower Level... This is so sad (for students and for TESU)...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I am a little disappointed. However, I will go with personality psychology (no choice but to). However, my preference was industrial because of more applicable to my job. The people over at TESU have been very nice so a shout out to them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dumber's post:
  • P226mem
I've found them nice to work with too.
and of course double check with them that personality one is still UL. eeek...
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 2 users Like P226mem's post:
  • Dumber, manmanthegr8
(03-27-2021, 03:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh dear, this is sad, how can a senior advisor make the mistake?!  Now, it's up to you my friend, to correct them... so, reply back and indicate to them, it was supposed to be Lower Level and now it's Upper Level as per the recommendations on ACE's own website.  I mentioned it in my earlier post... so they made a mistake.  If they wanted more details, indicate to them, they may have had it upper level all along but now they should still follow ACE recommendation.  See below...

Lower Level - https://i.imgur.com/Ocrt57V.jpg

[Image: Ocrt57V.jpg]

Upper Level - https://i.imgur.com/WvvUIOV.jpg

[Image: WvvUIOV.jpg]

Probably the same "senior advisor" who does this constantly...

(03-29-2021, 11:30 AM)Dumber Wrote: I sent a snapshot of one of the pictures provided by bjcheung77. I hope it works. I am not the best at writing and convincing anyone to do anything. I will update you after I received feedback from the TESU's registrar.

Bad news!

Thank you for the inquiry and the research you have conducted for Study.com course PSY301 Industrial/Organizational Psychology. While the information presented with regards to the ACE and NCCRS recommendations is accurate, TESU reserves the right to make their own determination on transfer equivalencies. Any changes to transfer equivalencies from Study.com are completed in coordination with their organization, and are done so in order to allow students ample time to adapt to the change.

With that said, in September 2020, several Study.com courses were reviewed to ensure the proper equivalency was being awarded. PSY301 was included in this list, and it was determined by the Heavin School of Arts and Sciences that the transfer equivalency that TESU would award moving forward was that of PSY-163 Introduction to Industrial Psychology. This change went into effect for those Study.com courses completed on January 1, 2021 and later. Any student who completed this course before January 1, 2021 would be awarded a TESU equivalency of PSY-401 Industrial/Organizational Psychology.

For the majority of Study.com courses, TESU follows the ACE or NCCRS credit recommendation. However, it should be noted that TESU is also able to make their own equivalency determination following a course review by the Dean. While I'm sure this was not the response you were hoping for, please note that TESU representatives have done their due diligence to ensure that the proper level of equivalency is being awarded to students.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I have CC'd your Advisor in case you would like to discuss alternative ways to complete your TESU degree requirements.

Thanks,

Transfer Credit Center

Office of the Registrar

That is beyond misleading.  Hopefully, Study.com at least updates its website.
(03-29-2021, 10:38 PM)manmanthegr8 Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 03:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh dear, this is sad, how can a senior advisor make the mistake?!  Now, it's up to you my friend, to correct them... so, reply back and indicate to them, it was supposed to be Lower Level and now it's Upper Level as per the recommendations on ACE's own website.  I mentioned it in my earlier post... so they made a mistake.  If they wanted more details, indicate to them, they may have had it upper level all along but now they should still follow ACE recommendation.  See below...

Lower Level - https://i.imgur.com/Ocrt57V.jpg

[Image: Ocrt57V.jpg]

Upper Level - https://i.imgur.com/WvvUIOV.jpg

[Image: WvvUIOV.jpg]

Probably the same "senior advisor" who does this constantly...

(03-29-2021, 11:30 AM)Dumber Wrote: I sent a snapshot of one of the pictures provided by bjcheung77. I hope it works. I am not the best at writing and convincing anyone to do anything. I will update you after I received feedback from the TESU's registrar.

Bad news!

Thanks,

Transfer Credit Center

Office of the Registrar

That is beyond misleading.  Hopefully, Study.com at least updates its website.

Totally agree. TESU keeps pulling the rug under students with all these changes. Anyone needing upper level study.com should get them completed asap before TESU pulls a fast one and changes all evaluations for study.com to LL. Seems like the study.com TESU relationship is deteriorating rapidly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 17 2,488 04-21-2024, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Dosada
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 595 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 495 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 518 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 337 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 272 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,320 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 247 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 398 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 219 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX