Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Graders
I swear, I just submitted the most I’ll conveievd paper I’ve ever written, and literally threw it together, and received a 98. Contrast that to the entire day that a I spent writing a solid psychology paper that earned a 78 LOL With that, I’m only down to the capstone and info lit class for my TESU BALS, so, I’ll take it Smile
(03-16-2019, 09:10 PM)Merlin Wrote: I realized this after the first couple of writing assignments and changed my approach to focus on simple language that only addressed the prompts and the rubric. I tried to avoid going to extra depth (which is a challenge for me since I tend to be overly detailed) and just turned in the minimum required. I usually scored in the 90s, so this approach pays off.

I feel that in both of my cases, it didn't work. But it's possible one grader would have stuck to the rubric if I had written less.

I know I'm crazy late on this thread, but I'm working on my essay for Psychology 312 and have noticed my essays coming back with late 70's as well, even though I have always stuck to the rubric. Hell, I have always had straight 10's for my APA format writing, but they always nitpick over stuff that I did explain. I'm just thankful this is my last UL course.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes BrighterFuture88's post:
  • saraholson
On my English assignments for just the basic Comp 1 and 2, I got some seriously nitpicky, over-the-top graders. However for my business courses I felt they were fine. My guess is that the people they hire to grade the gen ed classes are maybe fresh out of college themselves and feel like they have to 'prove' they are good graders by being excessively picky.
[-] The following 1 user Likes saraholson's post:
  • BrighterFuture88
(01-21-2020, 02:18 PM)saraholson Wrote: On my English assignments for just the basic Comp 1 and 2, I got some seriously nitpicky, over-the-top graders. However for my business courses I felt they were fine. My guess is that the people they hire to grade the gen ed classes are maybe fresh out of college themselves and feel like they have to 'prove' they are good graders by being excessively picky.

Yeah, I’m getting that same vibe.  It’s great and all for practicing my writing skills for the Capstone, but at the same time, it’s frustrating when I work so hard on an essay, only to receive a 78%.  I just get upset over the notes to justify their grade since they usually claim I “need improving” on a specific topic when I devoted multiple paragraphs and more to thoroughly explaining something.  Thankfully, our grades don’t show on the transcript, so it’s whatever.  I just hope my Capstone Instructor isn’t like this.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
(01-21-2020, 02:57 PM)BrighterFuture88 Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 02:18 PM)saraholson Wrote: On my English assignments for just the basic Comp 1 and 2, I got some seriously nitpicky, over-the-top graders. However for my business courses I felt they were fine. My guess is that the people they hire to grade the gen ed classes are maybe fresh out of college themselves and feel like they have to 'prove' they are good graders by being excessively picky.

Yeah, I’m getting that same vibe.  It’s great and all for practicing my writing skills for the Capstone, but at the same time, it’s frustrating when I work so hard on an essay, only to receive a 78%.  I just get upset over the notes to justify their grade since they usually claim I “need improving” on a specific topic when I devoted multiple paragraphs and more to thoroughly explaining something.  Thankfully, our grades don’t show on the transcript, so it’s whatever.  I just hope my Capstone Instructor isn’t like this.

Well the Capstone instructor will be a 'real' professor employed by TESU, whereas the Study graders are people who may or may not even be professors. So I think probably it will be a different experience.
[-] The following 2 users Like saraholson's post:
  • BrighterFuture88, davewill
The study.com graders just destroy my projects. It's insane how low they score! Luckily I've always done well enough on the quizzes and exams to pass every course so far. I'll be glad when I'm done with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,275 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,468 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,576 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 966 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 549 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 277 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 680 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM