Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Grading Turnaround Time
How long did it take for you to get your final graded and get your course grade at Study.com? It's been 18 days since I took my final, and I have yet to receive any results or grades for that course. I completed all quizzes and final exams, but still waiting to get my grades for my last 2 courses.

I don't know if they take their sweet time grading so that they can keep charging me the monthly fee. Is 18 days (and counting) normal? Note that my courses don't have any other assignments that need to be graded, only proctored final exams.

I'm truly disappointed with my experience so far with Study.com. I truly hope that this is not the norm. Apologies for venting...
7 days for my son to have his exam graded - it stressed him out so much to wait that he dreads taking the next one. He much prefers Straighterline due to this issue. I wish SL had more courses he needed - there are a few he must take at Study, and he's not pleased about that.
rowan555 Wrote:7 days for my son to have his exam graded - it stressed him out so much to wait that he dreads taking the next one. He much prefers Straighterline due to this issue. I wish SL had more courses he needed - there are a few he must take at Study, and he's not pleased about that.

I definitely understand what your son felt. Waiting 7 days (in my case 18+ days) is indeed stressful. I'm a few credits shy of a bachelor's degree, so I kept telling myself to forge ahead and move on to the next course even though I haven't gotten the grade for the other one. I don't know when I will get my grades back, but I do hope someone from Study.com is monitoring these threads and resolve my issue asap. I'm down to my last 9 credits, and they're keeping me from finishing my degree. I'm trying to be patient, but the lack of customer service and resolution is really turning me off.

Had I known it was going to take this long, I would have just taken a Straighterline course or taken a different route.

Thanks for your feedback!
learningisfun Wrote:How long did it take for you to get your final graded and get your course grade at Study.com? It's been 18 days since I took my final, and I have yet to receive any results or grades for that course. I completed all quizzes and final exams, but still waiting to get my grades for my last 2 courses.

I don't know if they take their sweet time grading so that they can keep charging me the monthly fee. Is 18 days (and counting) normal? Note that my courses don't have any other assignments that need to be graded, only proctored final exams.

I'm truly disappointed with my experience so far with Study.com. I truly hope that this is not the norm. Apologies for venting...

So far it's been a week each time for me. But they definitely should be showing the percentage before the confirmation if the proctoring was successful or not. This is what they do on edx.org
I'm waiting on my last exam as well. It's been 13 days for me. On my first exam, it was only a few days. I don't know what governs the short and long waiting times for final grades. Maybe it's the course subject...?? I don't know.
2017...Finished Bachelor's General Management at TESU. 
This reason was one of the things I was worried about. I need 4 courses through Study.com for the degree I am going for. I was planning on saving Study.com for last. However, I applied to there scholarship and earned three free months, so 6 exams. I really only needed 4 courses from them but will try for 5 cause a free course at study.com is better then paying for it elsewhere. Anyways I do believe that after you have submitted everything you don't need to keep your account active to get your grade or transfer the course to ACE.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
I can confirm what the person above says, if you cancel your account they will still grade what is pending. Personally my final grade wait times have been all over the place- as few a couple of days and as long as 2 weeks. The one essay I submitted was fairly quick- submitted on a Friday afternoon and received a grade that Wednesday. So about 3 working days. Sorry you are having trouble. Could you maybe send an email and ask for a time check?
Credit Sources:
Guilford Technical Community College (59)
U.S Army Training
ALEKS
Study.com
Straighterline
Shmoop
DSST
UExcel
I think they are short staffed. They are CONSTANTLY running help wanted ads over at higher ed jobs. https://www.higheredjobs.com/search/adva...=study.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,322 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,478 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,677 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 601 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,811 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 682 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM