Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com History 311: The Holocaust & World War II
History 311: The Holocaust & World War II - This course is listed on the NCCRS site as recommended for upper division baccalaureate degree category, 3 semester hours.  On study.com it's not showing as "for credit" and there is no proctored exam, but there is a written assignment.  Is this a new UL history class Study.com hasn't made available yet? That would be cool, if it comes up 'live' soon. I already did the Vietnam course, and this one sounds a bit more interesting to me than the Civil War course. Anyone know anything about this?
TESU: BALS Capstone
SNHU CfA: Intro to Ethics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Argumentation & Communication, Intro to Mass Communications, Intro to Philosophy, World Lit I, Environmental Science, Business Communication, Principles of Management, Online Success, Skills for Business 
CLEP: Eng Comp 
Sophia.org: Effective Teams, Managing Conflict, Ancient Greek Philosophers
Study.com: Personal Finance, Presentation Skills, Info Literacy, Intro to Computing, Earth Science, A History of Vietnam War, Intro to Political Science, American Government, Database Management, Info Systems, Physical Geology
CSM Learn: The CSM Course
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 
Shmoop: History of Technology, Human Sexuality, U.S. History I & II, Classical Lit, The Bible as Lit, Psychology 101, Shakespeare's Plays, Professional Writing, Media Literacy, Journalism 101, Lit in the Media, Intro to E-Commerce
The Institutes: Ethics
TECEP: Computer Concepts and Applications
ALEKS: College Algebra
Hi all!

The History 311 course will be updated on the site next week.

Thank you

The Study.com Team
[-] The following 4 users Like Study.com's post:
  • leland.kirk, Life Long Learning, Muldoon, teacher2
(03-28-2018, 05:16 PM)Study.com Wrote: Hi all!

The History 311 course will be updated on the site next week.

Thank you

The Study.com Team

Thank you!
SNHU CfA: Intro to Ethics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Argumentation & Communication, Intro to Mass Communications, Intro to Philosophy, World Lit I, Environmental Science, Business Communication, Principles of Management, Online Success, Skills for Business 
Study.com: Personal Finance, Presentation Skills, Info Literacy, Intro to Computing, Earth Science, A History of Vietnam War, Intro to Political Science, American Government, Database Management, Info Systems, Physical Geology
Shmoop: History of Technology, Human Sexuality, U.S. History I & II, Classical Lit, The Bible as Lit, Psychology 101, Shakespeare's Plays, Professional Writing, Media Literacy, Journalism 101, Lit in the Media, Intro to E-Commerce
Wow, that does sound interesting. I don't need any History courses, but I think I want to take that anyway.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
[-] The following 1 user Likes Muldoon's post:
  • badooble
So excited to see this course! Right now, my brother and I are co-researching and co-writing on a project centering around Poland and Germany 1939-1948. Wondering when it will hit ACE accreditation?
CLEP:College Comp. w/essay, A & I Lit. w/essay, College Algebra, US History 1 & 2, Biology, Human Growth & Development   DSST: Foundations of Edu.  TEEX: Cyber Security 101 & 301 Sophia: Developing Effective Teams The Institutes: Ethics & CPCU Prof. Code.

Straighterline: Intro to Religion, Intro to Com., Western Civ. 1& 2, American Gov, PreCalculus, Intro to Bio Lab

Study.com: Personal Finance, Edu. Psychology, Classroom Management, Special Edu. History & Law, Geology, Civil War & Reconstruction, History of the Vietnam War

2018 WGU BA Mathematics Education (5-9 licensure)

Current Work: VIPKID ESL Teacher and Substitute Teacher

This course is now available. There are three written assignments in addition to quizzes and proctored final. Looks like a good course.

If study.com is going to continue offering upper level courses with more requirements, I do wish they would allow unused proctored tests (even just 1 of the 2) to 'roll over'. Otherwise, I love where they're heading.
(04-03-2018, 09:43 AM)badooble Wrote: This course is now available. There are three written assignments in addition to quizzes and proctored final. Looks like a good course.  

If study.com is going to continue offering upper level courses with more requirements, I do wish they would allow unused proctored tests (even just 1 of the 2) to 'roll over'. Otherwise, I love where they're heading.

Just so everyone knows, TESU advising informed me this morning that they would not accept this course because it is not on their transfer agreement, even though it is NCCRS approved.
i would be shocked if that was accurate. as usual, it looks like someone at TESU is confused.

I am almost positive they will accept it if it's NCCRS reviewed, but that they just don't know HOW it will be accepted (as far as transfer equivalency) because it's so new.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 2 users Like jsd's post:
  • badooble, HistoryMaker
(04-03-2018, 11:01 AM)jsd Wrote: i would be shocked if that was accurate. as usual, it looks like someone at TESU is confused.

I am almost positive they will accept it if it's NCCRS reviewed, but that they just don't know HOW it will be accepted (as far as transfer equivalency) because it's so new.

I agree. Most people in advising really only know the TESU courses, so the validity of a response appears to depend on who you speak with, how well versed they are in the transfer credit evaluation process, etc.

As such, we get a lot of contradictory information from advising on how courses will be evaluated (or not) and how they will be applied to a degree. However, as a general guideline (and with a few exceptions for things like developmental courses), TESU (and the big 3 in general) will accept most courses that have been evaluated for college-level credit by ACE or NCCRS, whether or not it is part of an existing transfer agreement or not.

There are different people at TESU (who don't appear to be part of advising directly) who handle the actual course evaluations and work with the course providers, so sometimes the only way to be sure if to take a course and see how they evaluate and slot the course.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 2 users Like Merlin's post:
  • badooble, HistoryMaker
As usual, they are confused. I have never heard that TESU WON'T ACCEPT an ACE/NCCRS-approved course. Never. Now, it may not fit into your degree, or not fit where you want it to. But that's an entirely different issue.

YES, they WILL accept the course. When you transfer it, it will bypass advising and go to someone in evaluations, who will evaluate the course, give it a course number and name, and put it on your transcript.

There are TONS of courses that haven't been evaluated by TESU, both at Study.com, and all kinds of places (Davar is one of them). I have yet to hear from anyone that Davar courses, which are all NCCRS approved, haven't been accepted by TESU. And last summer, there were people that took a TON of Davar courses because they had a special going.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • badooble, HistoryMaker

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,367 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,490 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,749 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  AWIT Real-world Cloud Product (Coursera) Transfer cizzie 26 3,264 03-17-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 607 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,815 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue