Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Intro to Programming
Now finished the Intro to programming at Study.com. its was an excellent course. It had just enough details without being to verbose. It covered basically everything you would expect in an intro to programming course. Consistent and clear. Excellent structure and progression. I recommend it! Looking at an A after my video is reviewed. Took me about 11 hours of total work time on the course.
Waiting September 2019 Graduation.....

BA Computer Science, TESU  (Complete!)
BA Liberal Studies, TESU (Complete!)
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU (Complete!)

Straighterline (27 Cr): Eng Com I II, Ameri Gov, Reli, Nutri, Envi Sci, Cul Ant, Med Ter, IT Fund
Shmoop (18 Cr): Hist Tech, Hu Sex, Med Lit, Bible Lit, Prof Wrtng, E-Com
Sophia (11 Cr): Col Alg, Info Tech, Pub Speak, Effe Teams, Manag Con
TEEX (5 Cr): Cyb Ever, IT Prof, Info Risk Man  Aleks (9 Cr): Beg. Alg, Inter. Alg, Trig
ED4Credit (3 Cr): Man Info Sys   CPCU (2 Cr): Ethics
TESU (4 Cr): Corner, Capstone  Study.com (39 Cr): Pres. Skills, C Prog, Disc Math, Comp Arch, Op Sys, DB Man, Sys Analy, Calc I, Forensic Sci, Geometry, Intro Programming, Algo and Data Str
B&M College (46 Cr)

Was there a project or just quizzes and proctored final?
TESU BS NEET (in progress)
B&M(22cr): Anat/Phys 1/2 +Labs, Eng Comp 1, Sust. Cities, Orientation Courses, Intro Hlth+Well, Functional Anat/Kin
TESU(4cr): Chem 1 Lab, DC circuits
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training: 85/99cr
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(2cr): Dev Eff Teams, Fdn College Alg, Fdn Stats, Ess Mng Conflict, Fdn English comp
Study.com(22cr): Eng 105, Fin 102, His 108, Lib Sci 101, Math 104, Stat 101
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(6cr): Robotics, Cyber
CSM(3cr)
I don't see a project listed in the course.

Please let us know what it comes in as at TESU once you transfer it in. I am reluctant to use my exams for any of these new courses when it's a roll of the dice as to what's accepted and what it transfers in as
(05-18-2019, 03:09 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote:  Looking at an A after my video is reviewed. 

what does that mean ? 

you had to record yourself doing a project ? explaining concepts ? 
was the course mostly java or mostly pseudo language ?
how much time was spent on flowcharts and diagrams ?
what kind of questions were on the proctored exam (not looking for exact questions - that would be cheating -- just a general idea) 
something like -- generate 10 random integers and sort them using merge sort ?

It covered basically everything you would expect in an intro to programming course.  

Harvard University's CS50 Introduction to Computer Science use the C, python and sql, no pseudocode, no flowcharts, no diagrams 
it is a complete beginner's course but moves at a fast pace and you end up doing linked lists, hash tables merge sort and binary trees  
(05-18-2019, 04:52 PM)bluebooger Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 03:09 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote:  Looking at an A after my video is reviewed. 

what does that mean ? 

you had to record yourself doing a project ? explaining concepts ? 
was the course mostly java or mostly pseudo language ?
how much time was spent on flowcharts and diagrams ?
what kind of questions were on the proctored exam (not looking for exact questions - that would be cheating -- just a general idea) 
something like -- generate 10 random integers and sort them using merge sort ?

It covered basically everything you would expect in an intro to programming course.  

Harvard University's CS50 Introduction to Computer Science use the C, python and sql, no pseudocode, no flowcharts, no diagrams 
it is a complete beginner's course but moves at a fast pace and you end up doing linked lists, hash tables merge sort and binary trees  

I just took the final for this course. I think the OP is referring to the proctored video of you taking the exam. SDC records people taking finals to ensure there is no cheating, and it's my impression that the videos are reviewed afterwards by a real person.

The course was mostly Java. I didn't see a lot of flowcharts or diagrams. Honestly, the questions on the final are similar to the practice tests. If you do well on the practice test, you will do well on the final.

Another bonus - looks like half of my quizzes are now marked as optional on my next course, Data Structures.

This was a great course!
[-] The following 1 user Likes NolaRice's post:
  • bluebooger

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com webcam/proctoring software question AwardTour 9 274 06-16-2019, 05:20 AM
Last Post: AwardTour
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 133 61,417 06-15-2019, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  How do I know which courses are UL/LL? Study.com SL SCYankee 6 231 06-14-2019, 03:49 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Study.com (SDC) WARNING - new credit/exam policy change HogwartsSchool 22 1,049 06-14-2019, 12:43 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Straighterline -- and vs. Study.com? a2jc4life 19 5,799 06-13-2019, 04:09 PM
Last Post: learflyer
  Study.com Python Programming - TESU ghwang808 7 223 06-12-2019, 03:09 PM
Last Post: ghwang808
  Study.com DSST test prep courses Sb2013 3 185 06-12-2019, 10:29 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Study.com Data Structures and Algorithms udi 8 365 06-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Coupon Codes for SL, Sophia or study.com? Stustu 3 276 06-09-2019, 02:41 AM
Last Post: Stustu
  New Study.com courses (5/16/19) dfrecore 91 5,191 06-07-2019, 05:28 PM