Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com New CS Courses
@Ideas I was told those courses dont transfer at all. But its BS cause someone here already transferred in the C programminf and I was told the course wont transfer all all.

I'm waiting on eval, I did almost all the CS courses so as soon as they come in I'll post here. It will take longer than usual though.

If they dont transfer I'm just going to do a masters and onto the DSc.l, but I know they will as long as it can help mw get into a grad program its okay.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(12-12-2018, 05:18 PM)Ideas Wrote: Someone at TESU told me that Intro to Operating Systems, Discrete Math, and Computer Architecture won't work in my BA-CS, but that Database Management can be an elective. I guess I will have to take them and transfer them.

Keep in mind that those courses (other than DBM) aren't listed in the TESU articulation agreement yet, so many advisors will say they don't transfer or they cannot be used in the AOS. Once they are officially on a transcript and reviewed by a proper evaluator (rather than the assumption of the advisor), you should find that they work just fine since they come in under supported course codes (COS-240/Operating Systems, MAT-270/Discrete Mathematics, and COS-330/Computer Architecture).

If you ask them if those TESU courses will fit into the BACS and they say yes, then you know that they are full of it. Smile

I'm pretty sure that someone else posted that those courses worked fine in their BACS, but I don't recall who that was.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
The advisors told me library science wouldn't transfer at all. I did it anyway and it transferred and satisfied my info literacy requirement. Asking the advisors may not yield the best responses since they kinda just follow their transfer agreement guide/cheat sheet. Unfortunately, here we are kinda pioneering new paths to degrees using newly released courses so we do take a small risk by transferring in untested courses.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(12-12-2018, 06:10 PM)MNomadic Wrote: The advisors told me library science wouldn't transfer at all. I did it anyway and it transferred and satisfied my info literacy requirement. Asking the advisors may not yield the best responses since they kinda just follow their transfer agreement guide/cheat sheet. Unfortunately, here we are kinda pioneering new paths to degrees using newly released courses so we do take a small risk by transferring in untested courses.

Exactly my point. The advisors won't verify any course that isn't listed on an established transfer agreement, but once it is on your transcript and evaluated, you'll find it will work just fine where it makes sense. You can't always trust TESU advising when dealing with credit transfers since they aren't experts. The folks on this forum tend to be much better informed than advising when it comes to how to apply transfer credit to meet degree requirements.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
@MNomadic you're right!

But its so worth the risk!
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Yeah, my concern is how they previously dropped Shmoop with no warning. So I feel safer if I rush and get these 3 done, since they won't let me "lock in" the courses. (I can lock in the OD course.) They should be quick for me, except for the second half of the math course, but I don't know about doing the 3 by the end of the month. I may try to.

@Ideas you can do it!

I ripped through 4 of these in a month, and I was actually soaking in stuff I was learning, so its doable.

As long as you like CS and have the passion and grit you will suceed! Show those courses no mercy! Attack them with everything!

How bad do you want that CS degree!? Huh huh!? Come on you can do it!!
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

I could do it if I worked less, but this is a good time of year for certain work Smile Maybe Discrete Math will be easier than I expect.

It will be interesting to see how this play's out, however, if ACE evaluates it as a discrete math course, I don't see why TESU would say no, besides being pissed that SDC just made much easier doing the BACS.

I'm pretty confident that Discrete Math and Computer Architecture will be ok, the one I'm less sure about is the intro to operating system, it feels a little bit too easy, and I'm not sure the SDC operating system syllabus align with TESU course.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
(12-12-2018, 07:47 PM)posabsolute Wrote: It will be interesting to see how this play's out, however, if ACE evaluates it as a discrete math course, I don't see why TESU would say no, besides being pissed that SDC just made much easier doing the BACS.

I'm pretty confident that Discrete Math and Computer Architecture will be ok, the one I'm less sure about is the intro to operating system, it feels a little bit too easy, and I'm not sure the SDC operating system syllabus align with TESU course.

We already know that:
  • SDC's Discrete Mathematics comes into TESU as MAT-270: Discrete Mathematics
  • SDC's Intro to Operating systems comes into TESU as COS-240: Operating Systems (I was expecting it to come in as ITS-160: Fundamentals of Modern Operating Systems)
  • SDC's Computer Architecture comes into TESU as COS-330: Computer Architecture
These are all using the same course codes that TESU uses for their own versions of these courses, so there is no reason they should not fulfill the same requirements for the BACS.

I have to believe that this is just a case of advising not being aware because these courses are new and are not reflected on the Study.com articulation/transfer agreement. I'm pretty sure that these will all apply as expected.

Complete:

WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 6 172 8 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,438 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 993 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 708 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,498 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,634 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,336 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 765 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,908 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 371 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM