Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Principles of Finance question
I finally took the test tonight and passed with a 68%. That is by far my lowest grade on any of the Study.com exams I have taken. I felt like a ton of the questions were not even close to questions asked during the chapter tests and practice exam. I honestly thought I was going to fail the exam. I was surprised I even scored that high. I did the same study prep as I have done for all 20 courses I have completed through them. I was not happy at all with the wording of a lot of the questions on the final and I felt like some were intentionally confusing, which is the first time I have felt that way about any of their exams. But oh well...moving on.
ndelcollo Wrote:I finally took the test tonight and passed with a 68%. That is by far my lowest grade on any of the Study.com exams I have taken. I felt like a ton of the questions were not even close to questions asked during the chapter tests and practice exam. I honestly thought I was going to fail the exam. I was surprised I even scored that high. I did the same study prep as I have done for all 20 courses I have completed through them. I was not happy at all with the wording of a lot of the questions on the final and I felt like some were intentionally confusing, which is the first time I have felt that way about any of their exams. But oh well...moving on.

Congrats, and a Pass is a pass I think the lowest I have gotten on one of there finals was a 69% and I felt like I actually did way better then that but only got a 69%. Other times I felt like I did terrible and got high 80s so there tests seem to be very random but very doable.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
When you guys use the chapter exams to study, do you just speed through them picking anything, and then study the correct answers? I ask because there are 20 chapter exams in this course each with 25-30 questions. If I went through all of them and took my time, it would literally take me all day. I would like to take the final later today or first thing in the morning.
Btaylor89 Wrote:When you guys use the chapter exams to study, do you just speed through them picking anything, and then study the correct answers? I ask because there are 20 chapter exams in this course each with 25-30 questions. If I went through all of them and took my time, it would literally take me all day. I would like to take the final later today or first thing in the morning.

I take each chapter test after finishing the quizzes for that chapter, when the content is fresh in my head. Then after all the quizzes are completed, I open all the chap tests and copy all the incorrect answers to a word doc and study/highlight sections for better retention. There's an option to only see incorrect answers when reviewing the chapter test.
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
Are the Study.com classes transferred as pass or is there a score from final? Also how do I transfer credit to ACE? Thanks!
gator9595 Wrote:Are the Study.com classes transferred as pass or is there a score from final? Also how do I transfer credit to ACE? Thanks!

As with most ACE credit you get a Pass/Fail no grade when transferring it. Make an account here - https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main then once you complete the final go to your account and request it be added. Study.com takes usually under a week to approve.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
I just took the final and got a 96. I've found that the best way for me to study for study.com finals is to focus on the flashcards and go over them all a few times until I have a good handle on them. Then take the practice final and study the answers that I got wrong. I used this method for my last 3 exams and its really worked for me.
Btaylor89 Wrote:I just took the final and got a 96. I've found that the best way for me to study for study.com finals is to focus on the flashcards and go over them all a few times until I have a good handle on them. Then take the practice final and study the answers that I got wrong. I used this method for my last 3 exams and its really worked for me.

I completely agree. Studying the practice final is golden advice as they usually have 10-15 questions on the exam that are almost identical to the practice final questions. I usually take the practice final and then take detailed notes on every single question.
Just took and finished this one! 71% I was stressing about it so I'll definitely take the pass! On to the capstone...
inkleind Wrote:Just took and finished this one! 71% I was stressing about it so I'll definitely take the pass! On to the capstone...

Congrats! How long did you study? I am stressing, because I need to rush. I have too many life obligations, but need to take it before my study.com month is over.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,362 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,490 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,746 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 606 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Question Promo Codes, SL vs Sophia Breaachh 11 691 02-11-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Breaachh
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,814 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle