Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Proctored Exam Rules
The exam readiness video says "do not listen to radio or have a TV in the background"  

Does this mean don't have a TV on, or that there can't be a TV in the room?  

I don't have a room in home that doesn't have a TV and all the offices/conference rooms at my work have TVs.  

Just want to make sure I'm good to go when I do this.
I think they mean don't have it on.

because I was paranoid....for extra measure I personally just tossed a towel or sheet over the one that was in the room I had. (and covered bookcases that way too) didn't have issues.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

For all my exams, I did them in the kitchen and just did a room scan. ProctorU had an issue as the person told me to take down the calendar once for a StraighterLine exam, Study.com didn't have any issues as it was using RPNow. I did exams in the bathroom multiple times too, just shoved everything on the counter into the bathtub, and dumped the clothing onto the bed... voila!

No issues whatsoever yet with Study.com... To answer your question, have the TV turned off and no one around when you're doing the exam. Once, I had kids barging into the kitchen crying and I had to get them out of the room, and the ProctorU person didn't mind at all either, they know "life happens".
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Arto
(10-12-2022, 08:34 AM)mikehart82 Wrote: The exam readiness video says "do not listen to radio or have a TV in the background"  

Does this mean don't have a TV on, or that there can't be a TV in the room?  

I don't have a room in home that doesn't have a TV and all the offices/conference rooms at my work have TVs.  

Just want to make sure I'm good to go when I do this.
I had a second monitor in the background and plenty of things on my walls and they were fine with it.
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
I was so nervous/paranoid and didn’t want anything to go wrong and need a retake that I set up a small table and chair in a bathroom  Big Grin Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,348 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,597 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,445 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 746 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 333 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 323 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,903 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 590 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle