Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com - Question, can you retake a course multiple times?
Hey all...  Someone asked a question and I wanted to verify before answering...

I know people retake the course to get a pass if they have failed.  How many times can you repeat the course?

I understand that there will be a fee for each final exam.  The student asking just wants to know.  Thanks,
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-03-2021, 06:01 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey all...  Someone asked a question and I wanted to verify before answering...

I know people retake the course to get a pass if they have failed.  How many times can you repeat the course?

I understand that there will be a fee for each final exam.  The student asking just wants to know.  Thanks,

I had thought all you can do is take the final up to 3 times and turn in assignments up to 3 times.

I never heard of them resetting a course. 

The downside is if you messed up and scored low on the quizzes, you could screw yourself by making it hard to pass the course.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I didn't think you could retake a Study.com class. If you fail you fail I thought.
I've never failed a Study.com course, but I remember someone failing the Financial Management course and I told them to re-take it, they then passed. I am thinking that is the only way to get a new exam, is to "fail" and have the course reset as you need to re-do the course. But not 100% sure if that is the case, there is always a recommendation of taking a "different" course that can transfer in, but that's another option I'm not going to tell them about yet. I think re-doing the course would be easier as they'll be familiar with the course already, just need that extra 'oomph' to pass it...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
There was this instance of someone who claimed they already expended their 3 tries on quizzes and tests and said they weren't allowed to restart.

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...t=discrete
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(08-03-2021, 07:01 PM)MNomadic Wrote: There was this instance of someone who claimed they already expended their 3 tries on quizzes and tests and said they weren't allowed to restart.

Yes, that's the one I remember.  That person would have passed the course if he/she had a higher score on the quizzes. They usually give you the answers to the quizzes or they show you exactly in the video where the answer is.  Sometimes there are a few questions you have to figure out on your own though you should always be able to at least average 95% on the quizzes.

Keep the tab open to your previous quiz so you don't guess the same wrong answer twice in a row, you get up to 3 tries.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(08-03-2021, 07:10 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 07:01 PM)MNomadic Wrote: There was this instance of someone who claimed they already expended their 3 tries on quizzes and tests and said they weren't allowed to restart.

Yes, that's the one I remember.  That person would have passed the course if he/she had a higher score on the quizzes. They usually give you the answers to the quizzes or they show you exactly in the video where the answer is.  Sometimes there are a few questions you have to figure out on your own though you should always be able to at least average 95% on the quizzes.

Keep the tab open to your previous quiz so you don't guess the same wrong answer twice in a row, you get up to 3 tries.

Agreed, no excuse not to finish a class with 95-100% on the quizzes if you think you'll struggle on the final.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • LevelUP

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,323 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,479 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,677 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 602 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Question Promo Codes, SL vs Sophia Breaachh 11 691 02-11-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Breaachh
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,811 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue