Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Scholarship?
Hello All,

I recently signed up for that study.com scholarship. I just got an e-mail saying Congratulations on receiving free access to our Personal Finance Course! Did I only get that course for free or did I win the scholarship? I didn't sign up just for Personal Finance, I wanted to scholarship for the other courses I needed and Personal Finance will just be a duplicate.

When I just logged in it does say I have 2 exams left this month, so I am hopeful
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Disregard this post, after digging around my account it appears that it says Guardian Scholarship for my license. I'm going to assume I got the scholarship!! Thats awesome going to save around 400$ this way

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
It's the scholarship. One you complete the personal finance course you will be able to begin whichever courses you like.
This is unexpected, this should move up my timeline at least a month!!

Planned Study.com Courses : 101 Principles of Finance, 302 Advanced Accounting, 301 Applied Managerial Accounting, 308 Globalization & International Management ... I will have room for 1 more I might have to sneak something in there that I was going to take elsewhere.

Congratulations! So you are basically getting five courses at no cost to you?
Credit Sources:
Guilford Technical Community College (59)
U.S Army Training
ALEKS
Study.com
Straighterline
Shmoop
DSST
UExcel
Well it's a three month sub for free. You can take 2 tests per month.

Synicaal Wrote:Well it's a three month sub for free. You can take 2 tests per month.

Fantastic - congrats! My son has this, and I learned yesterday you cannot pay $70 to take additional tests. Just wanted to mention this because I'd assumed we'd be able to do this and was a bit bummed we cannot! It took 7 days to get his final graded.

Personal Finance was pretty simple and my son finished it in 4 or 5 days while also juggling a few SL courses at the same time. He's doing Principles of Finance now and then will figure out what other courses Study has that SL does not since he likes SL better.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,298 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,473 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,634 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 967 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 549 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 277 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 681 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM