Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com alternatives for TECEP Advertising and Marketing Communications?
Hi! So for silly reasons I decided earlier to switch out two of my courses for TECEP Marketing Communications and TECEP Advertising. Unfortunately I don't think this format works very well for me. (Self-studying for a test with a textbook has never been my strong point). What Study.com courses can replace these two TECEPs in a TESU General Management degree plan?

I've attached my existing degree plan for reference. Sorry for the weird format it has right now; those red lines through a course mean that it's done.

Attached Files
.pdf   nerd TESU BSBA GenMan.pdf (Size: 318.5 KB / Downloads: 9)
117/120 credits towards a BSBA General Management degree from TESU.
I didn't look at your degree plan, just copying some info here from a list I have of Study.com Marketing courses:

MARKETING 301: Marketing Research
BUSINESS 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising (MAR-441)
MARKETING 302: Consumer Behavior
MARKETING 303: Global Marketing
MARKETING 306: Principles of Selling
MARKETING 308: Applied Marketing
BUSINESS 327: Retail Strategy
HOSPITALITY 301: Hospitality Marketing (HMM-316)

I don't have equivalencies for most of these, so if you get any, please report back. You can cut and paste the list and send it to TESU for pre-approval. They should give you equivalencies, as well as whether or not they will accept the course towards the marketing AOS.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Sorry, I’m a little confused. Should I send an email to TESU asking which of those Study.com courses they accept? Because I’m trying to do more Study.com courses, not less.

I have sent an email to TESU’s Academic Advsing email asking what Study.com courses would fill the spots the Advertising TECEP and the Marketing Communications TECEP currently have on my degree plan. Though I’ve never emailed them before, so we’ll see how that goes,
(05-29-2018, 06:38 PM)nerd Wrote: Sorry, I’m a little confused. Should I send an email to TESU asking which of those Study.com courses they accept? Because I’m trying to do more Study.com courses, not less.

I have sent an email to TESU’s Academic Advsing email asking what Study.com courses would fill the spots the Advertising TECEP and the Marketing Communications TECEP currently have on my degree plan. Though I’ve never emailed them before, so we’ll see how that goes,

You definitely do NOT ask which courses will fill the spots.  They will NOT be helpful.  You have to be very specific with TESU and ask questions in a certain way, or they won't answer them correctly.

Instead, just send the list and ask for course equivalencies, and if they will work in the Marketing AOS.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
DS took  BUSINESS 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising (MAR-441) for his BSBA General Management at TESU. It is accepted ad applied to his degree-plan. There is a thread on this forum that discusses BUS309. The assignment seems a big deal but don't overthink it. Just fulfill the rubric and requirements and you're good. Not difficult to pass. 
Ive been wondering about the hospitality courses as GM electives.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

(05-29-2018, 07:27 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-29-2018, 06:38 PM)nerd Wrote: Sorry, I’m a little confused. Should I send an email to TESU asking which of those Study.com courses they accept? Because I’m trying to do more Study.com courses, not less.

You definitely do NOT ask which courses will fill the spots.  They will NOT be helpful.  You have to be very specific with TESU and ask questions in a certain way, or they won't answer them correctly.

Instead, just send the list and ask for course equivalencies, and if they will work in the Marketing AOS.

Okay, I just sent them a new email.

Here’s their reply:

“Only four of the Study.com courses listed in your message are acceptable in transfer and will apply to the Marketing area of study, if you change your degree to the BSBA in Marketing. Currently, your active degree is the BSBA in General Management.

The others cannot be accepted because they aren't listed on the Study.com Transfer Guide: https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab

The following are approved:
Business 309 Digital Marketing & Advertising
Marketing 301 Marketing Research
Marketing 308 Applied Marketing
Hospitality 301 Hospitality Marketing”
(05-30-2018, 10:48 AM)nerd Wrote:
(05-29-2018, 07:27 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Okay, I just sent them a new email.

Here’s their reply:

“Only four of the Study.com courses listed in your message are acceptable in transfer and will apply to the Marketing area of study, if you change your degree to the BSBA in Marketing. Currently, your active degree is the BSBA in General Management.

The others cannot be accepted because they aren't listed on the Study.com Transfer Guide: https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab

The following are approved:
Business 309 Digital Marketing & Advertising
Marketing 301 Marketing Research
Marketing 308 Applied Marketing
Hospitality 301 Hospitality Marketing”
I am getting SO tired of this reply.  TESU will take any course that's ACE or NCCRS approved, they just haven't evaluated all of Study.com's courses because some are new.

I would ask again.  They will DEFINITELY take them, but it's just a matter of where you can bring them in.

If academic advising won't give you an answer, it might be good to ask another department, or escalate this.  It's at the point where someone needs to take this up to a dean or something, because the answer they give here is completely incorrect.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • HAYDENTREE77
... Unless they're making a really, really stupid change in the policy.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(05-30-2018, 12:39 PM)jsd Wrote: ... Unless they're making a really, really stupid change in the policy.

They've been saying this for ages, and it's just not the case.  They've never done a formal eval of all of the course providers, yet you can bring in courses from all kinds of places.  TEEX, The Institutes, NFA, Shmoop (previously), ACTFL, Ed4Credit, Coopersmith.

It's just for some reason, someone got some wrong info in their heads and sent that out to everyone in Academic Advising, not the brightest in the college in the first place, and that has perpetuated.

They did an eval of Study.com ages ago (18 months maybe) when they did the affiliated member agreement.  THEN, they did another one in December, but it was just a rehash of the courses they'd already looked at (and they alignned more closely with ACE).  Since the initial review, they haven't evaluated more courses, even though Study.com has added about 100 courses to the list, including changing LL's to UL.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • studiousimp

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 4 111 Yesterday, 03:20 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,460 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,629 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,212 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 763 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 369 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,041 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,914 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 595 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 315 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue