Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com assignments in advance?
This course has multiple assignments. What if I did 1 assignment before my membership ran out? Then I could continue later after I pay again?

And can I do assignments before I do the quizzes? I would rather do it that way so the quizzes are done closer to the final.
Working on TESU BA CompSci/English, but may not graduate until Sept, Dec, or later.
TESU BSBA (with ASNSM) in March 2018.
First Masters complete. Slowly working on a second Masters but may start a different program.
Either way is ok. For some courses, I completed the quizzes and proctored exam before my membership ended. And I submitted the assignments in the next cycle. For some courses, I submitted assignments before I took the proctored exam.
TESU BA-Psychology (Started Sept. 15, 2018): 61 Cr.

TEEX(6): Cybersecurity 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Essentials of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Community Safety Education
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(33): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psychology, Ethics in Social Sciences. 
Saylor (6): Intro. to Molecular & Cellular Biology, Comparative Politics. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone
fyi you can submit the assignments even after your sub runs out if you have done the final, from what i understand
I am not sure about submitting your assignments after your sub runs out. I say so because study.com provides a link to upload your assignment, and you might not be able to access that link if your membership is paused or canceled. Unless there is another way to do it, that I am not aware of. I did confirm with study.com about sending transcripts to TESU after my account has been paused, and they said it is possible. I just need to email them a request, and they would do it.

Study.com(33): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psychology, Ethics in Social Sciences. 
(01-09-2019, 10:18 PM)Supermind Wrote: I am not sure about submitting your assignments after your sub runs out. I say so because study.com provides a link to upload your assignment, and you might not be able to access that link if your membership is paused or canceled. Unless there is another way to do it, that I am not aware of. I did confirm with study.com about sending transcripts to TESU after my account has been paused, and they said it is possible. I just need to email them a request, and they would do it.

The submission link for the assignments isn't part of Study.com so you can use it anytime, whether your account is active or not. The direct transcript request form uses the same service (smartsheet.com) so it can also be accessed at any time.

If you want to submit an assignment, just make sure you note (or bookmark) the submission link and you'll be fine. I keep the direct transcript request link bookmarked in my browser in case I need to request something be resubmitted.
Working On: BSBA Capstone @ TESU – Complete! (waiting on final grade)
Up Next: MBA ITM @ WGU; also considering OMSCS @ GA Tech or PhD @ EBS Heriot-Watt

BSBA in Computer Information Systems @ TESU (118.68 of 120 SH done, graduate March 2019)
ASNSM in Computer Science @ TESU (complete, graduate March 2019)

B&M CC: 8.68cr, CLEP/DSST: 15cr, Study.com: 57cr, Straighterline: 19cr, ALEKS: 9cr, TEEX: 6cr, The Institutes: 2cr, Sophia: 2cr
(Earned 92 credits over 10 months, Jan-Oct '18)
(01-09-2019, 11:17 PM)Merlin Wrote: The submission link for the assignments isn't part of Study.com so you can use it anytime, whether your account is active or not. The direct transcript request form uses the same service (smartsheet.com) so it can also be accessed at any time.

I saw a notice that you can resubmit assignments for up to 2 weeks, but do we know that the first submission can be anytime? Could I do it 6 weeks after I take the final and my subscription ends?
Working on TESU BA CompSci/English, but may not graduate until Sept, Dec, or later.
TESU BSBA (with ASNSM) in March 2018.
First Masters complete. Slowly working on a second Masters but may start a different program.
(01-09-2019, 11:17 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 10:18 PM)Supermind Wrote: I am not sure about submitting your assignments after your sub runs out. I say so because study.com provides a link to upload your assignment, and you might not be able to access that link if your membership is paused or canceled. Unless there is another way to do it, that I am not aware of. I did confirm with study.com about sending transcripts to TESU after my account has been paused, and they said it is possible. I just need to email them a request, and they would do it.

The submission link for the assignments isn't part of Study.com so you can use it anytime, whether your account is active or not. The direct transcript request form uses the same service (smartsheet.com) so it can also be accessed at any time.

If you want to submit an assignment, just make sure you note (or bookmark) the submission link and you'll be fine. I keep the direct transcript request link bookmarked in my browser in case I need to request something be resubmitted.

Oh ok! I did not know this. Thanks Merlin.

(01-09-2019, 11:48 PM)Ideas Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 11:17 PM)Merlin Wrote: The submission link for the assignments isn't part of Study.com so you can use it anytime, whether your account is active or not. The direct transcript request form uses the same service (smartsheet.com) so it can also be accessed at any time.

I saw a notice that you can resubmit assignments for up to 2 weeks, but do we know that the first submission can be anytime? Could I do it 6 weeks after I take the final and my subscription ends?

I've heard of people submitting their assignments like a month after their account was closed, but I cannot confirm that. Considering that you don't lose progress when you close your account I wouldn't imagine that there should need to be a limit. Then again, considering that courses can change, you might end up submitting the wrong assignment if you wait too long.

Either way, I'd check with SDC directly if there is a need to wait more than a few weeks after closing the account to submit an assignment.
Working On: BSBA Capstone @ TESU – Complete! (waiting on final grade)
Up Next: MBA ITM @ WGU; also considering OMSCS @ GA Tech or PhD @ EBS Heriot-Watt

BSBA in Computer Information Systems @ TESU (118.68 of 120 SH done, graduate March 2019)
ASNSM in Computer Science @ TESU (complete, graduate March 2019)

B&M CC: 8.68cr, CLEP/DSST: 15cr, Study.com: 57cr, Straighterline: 19cr, ALEKS: 9cr, TEEX: 6cr, The Institutes: 2cr, Sophia: 2cr
(Earned 92 credits over 10 months, Jan-Oct '18)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  study.com tips for passing quickly? Tekky 17 887 01-19-2019, 11:50 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Study.com Principles of Finance question ndelco 52 2,635 01-14-2019, 04:32 PM
Last Post: della2054
  Speed up Study.com Videos on Mobile natshar 5 116 01-14-2019, 01:47 AM
Last Post: Supermind
  Study.Com Pretests BSBRose21 6 271 01-12-2019, 03:43 PM
Last Post: AMRH94
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 112 32,093 01-08-2019, 06:24 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Study.com Hospitality Courses natshar 5 239 01-07-2019, 09:36 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Study.com - what happens to completed courses when you change levels? Jenniferinfl 2 187 01-07-2019, 08:52 AM
Last Post: allvia
  How to clear out progress on Study.com course? Pelican 2 181 01-06-2019, 01:49 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com UL Credit Plan for Two Degrees natshar 10 594 12-27-2018, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Muldoon
  Study.com UD question bnm 14 509 12-27-2018, 03:36 PM
Last Post: dfrecore