Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com - can this pricing be correct??
We saw a page on your website that showed very discounted pricing for the capstone course, as well as the comprehensive plan. Can you please confirm that this is correct??

Do Study.com members get a discount at Thomas Edison State University? : Study.com

[h=2]Do Study.com members get a discount at Thomas Edison State University?[/h]Modified on: Mon, 3 Apr, 2017 at 3:17 PM

Study.com members receive the below discounts from Thomas Edison State University:

• Application Fee: $75 (this is standard – not waived or discounted)
  • Tuition: Per Credit ($366) and Comprehensive ($6,350) tuition plans
  • Residency Waiver Fee ($1,800). This applies only if students take less than 16 credits for either an Associates degree or Bachelors degree.
  • Capstone pricing is $366 Per Credit & it's a 3 credit course ($1,098)

**students have to select Study.com in the affiliate partner drop down on the TESU app form to be eligible for this pricing
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:We saw a page on your website that showed very discounted pricing for the capstone course, as well as the comprehensive plan. Can you please confirm that this is correct??

Do Study.com members get a discount at Thomas Edison State University? : Study.com

[h=2]Do Study.com members get a discount at Thomas Edison State University?[/h]Modified on: Mon, 3 Apr, 2017 at 3:17 PM

Study.com members receive the below discounts from Thomas Edison State University:

• Application Fee: $75 (this is standard – not waived or discounted)
  • Tuition: Per Credit ($366) and Comprehensive ($6,350) tuition plans
  • Residency Waiver Fee ($1,800). This applies only if students take less than 16 credits for either an Associates degree or Bachelors degree.
  • Capstone pricing is $366 Per Credit & it's a 3 credit course ($1,098)

**students have to select Study.com in the affiliate partner drop down on the TESU app form to be eligible for this pricing

Checked this I just registered for a 3 credit course to see what I would "owe" it does come out to 1,098.00 per 3 credit course. Capstone should be the same also.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Checked this I just registered for a 3 credit course to see what I would "owe" it does come out to 1,098.00 per 3 credit course. Capstone should be the same also.

That's about a $400 savings for the Liberal Arts Capstone for the BALs, correct?
Should Be 1500 - 1098 = 402. It wouldn't let me add either capstone for some reason. Im guessing I couldn't add the Business Capstone because I already have credit for it but not sure why I couldn't add the Liberal Arts one, maybe because I only have a Business degree on my eval thing.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Should Be 1500 - 1098 = 402.

Why would it be this, if it's $366/cr? $366*3=$1098. That's exactly what they say on the website. What are you saying is wrong?
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I think he's saying it's just a 402 dollar discount. That's pretty cool, good find. Nearly 1k is easier to swallow than 1500.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Are you accounting for in-state vs out-of-state tuition? I'm in the capstone right now. I am out-of-state and with study.com discount my course was $1422.

If they charged me too much I would love to know that but wonder how hard it would be to get the money back as I'm already half-way through the course.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
rlw74 Wrote:Are you accounting for in-state vs out-of-state tuition? I'm in the capstone right now. I am out-of-state and with study.com discount my course was $1422.

If they charged me too much I would love to know that but wonder how hard it would be to get the money back as I'm already half-way through the course.

It did not say anything about in-state vs out-of-state pricing.
rlw74 Wrote:Are you accounting for in-state vs out-of-state tuition? I'm in the capstone right now. I am out-of-state and with study.com discount my course was $1422.

There's no harm in asking about the course/pricing for the affiliate program and seeing if you get credited back with a difference.
If no, then keep going as is... if there is a discount to be had further, that would be awesome. Ask away, be sure to report back.
I'm looking forward to these discounts! Thank you
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

That's the number I remembered, it came to about a 5% discount. It would be great if the price improved.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,313 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,477 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,655 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,811 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 551 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 278 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 681 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM