Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com class recommendations to complete BSBA in CIS @ TESU
Civics - 3
Ethics - 3
10 - hours General Ed Electives (states I'm already over on Natural World so I have to avoid those)
Accounting 102 - 3
Finance - 3
Principles of Management - 3
Marketing - 3
Business / Society - 3
2 additional CIS Electives (already have Pyrthon Programming and Database Management)  - 6

Total of 37 remaining hours remaining.  Does anyone recommend specific study.com classes that will fill my current voids?
(01-12-2020, 12:43 AM)Raftingdon2 Wrote: Civics - 3
Ethics - 3
10 - hours General Ed Electives (states I'm already over on Natural World so I have to avoid those)
Accounting 102 - 3
Finance - 3
Marketing - 3
Business / Society - 3
2 additional CIS Electives (already have Pyrthon Programming and Database Management)  - 6

Total of 37 remaining hours remaining.  Does anyone recommend specific study.com classes that will fill my current voids?
I just knocked out the ethics course by the free insurance ethics class by the institute that I found on here.  Thanks for those that posted it.
all from SDC

"What you need : Name of class at SDC"

Civics : Political Science 102 American Government
Ethics : Business 108 Business Ethics (this will be better for you degree if you intend to go for an MBA later. Schools seem to like business
ethics for BSBA degrees.)
Accounting 102 : Accounting 102 Intro to managerial accounting
Finance : Finance 101 Principles of Finance
Principles of Management : Business 101 Principles of Management
Marketing : Business 102 Principles of Marketing
Business / Society : Business 308 Globalization and International Management

CIS Electives:
You need 12 UL credits and 6 LL credits. Only 3 of these credits CAN be additional programming languages.
Python Programming comes into TESU as COS 205 (3cr. LL) (3 additional programming credits)
Database Management comes into TESU as CIS 311 (3cr. UL)
You still need 3cr. LL and 9 cr. UL
For the UL classes:
Business 309 Digital Marketing and Advertising works (I took and recommend this course)
Business 303 Management Information Systems
Computer Science 302 Systems Analysis and design
My understanding is that computer architecture also works.... I would not recommend this as an option. I took this course for my Computer
science degree, and it was one of the hardest things I've had to do academically.
For the last LL class:
Computer Science 306 Software Engineering should work (Though it's listed as UL by ACE, it comes into TESU as CIS 251)
I am sure there are other options for LL credit at SDC, but I am not positive so I don't want to give bad information. In theory, if you could get confirmation from an academic advisor that you could use two separate lower level programming classes for the AOS, Java, C++, C, maybe R would all be options you could take.

I wish you the best of luck. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm on here 2-3 times a day at this point lol.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Any suggestions on non natural world general electives that are pretty easy to knock out quickly? I have 10 hours.
If you'd like to gain more knowledge in the field of computer science/CIS, there are a lot of computer options (if you intend to go into this field as a career, it never hurts to have more representation of that type of knowledge on your transcript). The issue with these is that they are all physical and natural world.... I've looked at TESU's website and can't find anything that states that there is an issue with have more than 10 gen ed credits worth of this area.
Phys and Nat:
Computer Science 201 Data Structures and Algorithms
Computer Science 105 or 305 Operating Systems (these overlap so you can't use both. I'd recommend the 305 option.. leaves more room for poor performance on the final)
Any programming Language from SDC should work

Others Courses that would work (not Phys/Nat):
Math 101 College Algebra
Math 102 College Mathematics
Math 105 Calculus Algebra
Math 108 Discrete Mathematics
Political Science 103 Comparative Politics
Humanities 101 Intro to the humanities
ART 103 History of Western Art 1
ART 104 History of Western Art 2
Computer Science 102 Fundamentals of Information Technology

I think that's a good start. Might be enough options.
Since you chose CIS, I'm assuming you're pretty good at math. Those various math courses would probably be a breeze for you. Fundamentals of information technology is not classified by TESU as Phys/Nat. Gives an opportunity for you to get another computer related course onto your degree. I've heard comparative politics isn't too bad.

Best,
Zachcleigh
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Thank you. I had completed in Associates in Computer Studies at TESU prior to knowing about CLEP, study.com, etc and spent a lot of time actually taking each of the courses to complete.

I'm currently in line for a promotion and my boss demanded I complete my degree. Trying to finish as fast as I can. At this point, just doing CIS because that's where most of my other classes fall and it's the path of least resistance.

The type of degree isnt as meaningful in mybspecific situation to just have a 4-year. So I'm not tied to any one degree. I've also thought about switching to BSBA General Management as I thought it may provide a quicker path due to study.com and just needing business electives.

I'm a 21 year employee at the same company and I dont plan on leaving until retirement, so just needing to check a box to move forward.
I think CIS gives you a better back up in a worst case scenario than general management will give you. BSBA general management is just a BSBA. The CIS focus actually brings an additional skill to the table. The courses you'd take should be easily within your grasp, so I'd say stick with it.
In that case, I still stand by the math courses probably being the quickest and easiest options.
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

(01-12-2020, 03:37 PM)Zachcleigh Wrote: I think CIS gives you a better back up in a worst case scenario than general management will give you.  BSBA general management is just a BSBA.  The CIS focus actually brings an additional skill to the table.  The courses you'd take should be easily within your grasp, so I'd say stick with it.  
In that case, I still stand by the math courses probably being the quickest and easiest options.
This is what it tells me in the attachment.  What type of elective would not be considered natural world?

Attached Files
.jpg   20200112_163625.jpg (Size: 212.88 KB / Downloads: 14)
Ohhhhhhh lol. Yea I see.

So if you scroll up on your eval to the phys/May world part. It’ll say you need 4 credits, but you earned 6 credits in that section. The extra 2 carry over to your gen ed section.
The picture you sent, you can see it says there are 20 credits required. But then it says take 18 because you were 2 hours over in the phys May category.
Phys/Nat electives will satisfy that elective section no problem.
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

(01-12-2020, 12:43 AM)Raftingdon2 Wrote: Civics - 3
Ethics - 3
Accounting 102 - 3
Finance - 3
Marketing - 3
Business / Society - 3

BUS 120: International Business is an easier option than BUS 308: Globalization and International Management for the Business/Society requirement.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,309 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,477 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,651 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 277 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,811 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 551 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 278 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue