Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com courses for Psych at TESU
Hi guys. I’ve been reading through the threads and still have a few questions. I’m sorry if they’ve been answered previously. I am wanting to get my BA in Psych at TESU through transferring credits and am wondering if I can knock out the vast majority through Study.com? I know that TESU requires the capstone but outside of that is there a plan for getting all other credits through Study.com, straighterline, or Saylor? I do also have some previous transferable credits in following classes. English comp 1, Algebra 2, U.S. History and Intro to Psych. I’ve tried to come up with a degree plan myself but get a little confused.
(02-02-2020, 10:46 AM)Summer.Rankin Wrote: Hi guys. I’ve been reading through the threads and still have a few questions. I’m sorry if they’ve been answered previously. I am wanting to get my BA in Psych at TESU through transferring credits and am wondering if I can knock out the vast majority through Study.com? I know that TESU requires the capstone but outside of that is there a plan for getting all other credits through Study.com, straighterline, or Saylor? I do also have some previous transferable credits in following classes. English comp 1, Algebra 2, U.S. History and Intro to Psych. I’ve tried to come up with a degree plan myself but get a little confused.

Yes, most courses are available through SDC. Do keep the max number of credits from one source in mind.
Please take a look at this plan: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/JS...Psychology
You should always check if it is accurate.

Max 90 cr from a single source.
https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/transfer-credit
[-] The following 1 user Likes lacussucceed's post:
  • jsd
Hi Summer,

Short answer, yes, you can do all the GE courses through SDC (Study.com) and some of the AOS, provided you don't go over that maximum mentioned. The BA in Psych is completely alternative credit friendly.

If you are going to be in the 2020 catalog, then I think there are slight changes, such as The Institutes Ethics course comes in as 3 credits now (I rec'd 2)? If you chose to go that route, that is.

I fulfilled my Quant Lit requirement from CSMlearn, then the Statistics requirement through Sophia.org; the Oral Comm requirement through SDC Presentation Skills in the Workplace.

For my AOS, I am doing a combo of Coopersmith, SDC + 1 TECEP (since my enrollment is going to expire soon).

The ASNSM in CS is pretty much a freebie since I already had some CS courses completed from a different college, so I will graduate with that as well.

The best thing is to just start knocking out as much as you can and get the momentum rolling. Since you have the bulk of your degree still left to do, the GE's are going to take some time for you. The longer you wait to get started and fuss with planning, the longer it will feel. I suggest to just start knocking out your GE's and worry about AOS later. One of the mistakes I made, but it's worked out in the end.

I did the majority of my GE's through Sophia.org - when they have their sale that basically equals $100 per course, I bought a ton of them (almost their full catalog). While I LOVE Study.com, I needed to keep my schedule as flexible as possible (I need to stop coursework for long periods to care for my family or work becomes hectic or take the summer off), and Sophia.org is the only one that provided this for me as well as a user interface that I enjoyed.  For AOS, Coopersmith will provide the same. I keep SDC courses to a minimum since it's pretty inflexible for me. You can follow JSD's plan to see what SDC offers instead if you're not interested in Coopersmith, but there are nuances to the AOS that you have to fulfill through a different provider since you need 15 credits that are UL and you cannot get them all from SDC. When you are ready, read this thread that explains this: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid292810

I have attached my plan (which is for catalog 2019A) for you - I've highlighted all the courses that I obtained (or plan to) with alt credit. Hope it helps!!!

Happy Planning and good luck!

Big Grin

Attached Files
.xlsx   BAinPsych+ASNSMinCS-2019.xlsx (Size: 85.18 KB / Downloads: 22)
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
There is a good forum wiki page resources for this degree: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/JS...Psychology
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • jsd
(02-02-2020, 12:24 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote: Hi Summer,

Short answer, yes, you can do all the GE courses through SDC (Study.com) and some of the AOS, provided you don't go over that maximum mentioned. The BA in Psych is completely alternative credit friendly.

If you are going to be in the 2020 catalog, then I think there are slight changes, such as The Institutes Ethics course comes in as 3 credits now (I rec'd 2)? If you chose to go that route, that is.

I fulfilled my Quant Lit requirement from CSMlearn, then the Statistics requirement through Sophia.org; the Oral Comm requirement through SDC Presentation Skills in the Workplace.

For my AOS, I am doing a combo of Coopersmith, SDC + 1 TECEP (since my enrollment is going to expire soon).

The ASNSM in CS is pretty much a freebie since I already had some CS courses completed from a different college, so I will graduate with that as well.

The best thing is to just start knocking out as much as you can and get the momentum rolling. Since you have the bulk of your degree still left to do, the GE's are going to take some time for you. The longer you wait to get started and fuss with planning, the longer it will feel. I suggest to just start knocking out your GE's and worry about AOS later. One of the mistakes I made, but it's worked out in the end.

I did the majority of my GE's through Sophia.org - when they have their sale that basically equals $100 per course, I bought a ton of them (almost their full catalog). While I LOVE Study.com, I needed to keep my schedule as flexible as possible (I need to stop coursework for long periods to care for my family or work becomes hectic or take the summer off), and Sophia.org is the only one that provided this for me as well as a user interface that I enjoyed.  For AOS, Coopersmith will provide the same. I keep SDC courses to a minimum since it's pretty inflexible for me. You can follow JSD's plan to see what SDC offers instead if you're not interested in Coopersmith, but there are nuances to the AOS that you have to fulfill through a different provider since you need 15 credits that are UL and you cannot get them all from SDC. When you are ready, read this thread that explains this: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid292810

I have attached my plan (which is for catalog 2019A) for you - I've highlighted all the courses that I obtained (or plan to) with alt credit. Hope it helps!!!

Happy Planning and good luck!

Big Grin
Wow. Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate the detail and will definitely try and get the ball rolling. It’s just been a little of confusing process but I think with this information and alternative I’ll be able to get on it. I’ll definitely consider Sophia as I am looking for flexibility since I am a mom of three and have a very busy job. Again, I can not thank you enough!

Thank you so much everyone who is replying. You guys have provided me with incredible information and I feel much more comfortable! Thanks again!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Summer.Rankin's post:
  • suzycupcake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,234 Yesterday, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 875 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 689 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,334 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,592 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,413 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 362 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 735 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,652 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 359 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM