Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com not giving proper referral code or discount
I received a referral link to sign up for Study.com and proceeded to sign up last week.  I made sure I did my sign up through the referral link, but after I was redirectred to Paypal, the payment finalized at a discount of only $10 instead of the stated $20 discount for utilizing a referral link.  

In addition, when I selected the option to pay via Paypal, it took me to a checkout screen where I had no opportunity to enter and use the REFER20 discount.  Paypal stated that I would be redirected back to study.com to finalize the purchase and that's where I expected to enter the REFER20 code, but it never redirected back to study.com and instead finalized the purchase.  So I missed my 20% discount there as well!  

I called immediately, waited 48 hours for a reply as suggested by their customer service, and then made an additional call after 3 days, but I have not received a response yet.  

Has anyone had any similar issues with study.com?  And were they able to get it resolved?  I was excited to start my class with them, but now just kind of wondering how its going to go from here.

Thanks for any input.
Hmm, seems to be working as intended. I just did a test and works fine with the Link I sent myself... Anyways, most of the "bugs" have been fixed. Basically, now you just click the link that was provided, if you choose to apply a coupon code of REFER20 when placing the order, it doesn't add any further discounts. Previously, they had an issue with the system where it would double dip on the discount which shouldn't have happened. I also noticed that the referrals that I get are $10 which is now broken (LOL), as I was getting $20 each time previous to the fix.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I had to call them to get my 20% discount and they manually refunded me. This was probably sometime last spring.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
(02-02-2020, 03:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, seems to be working as intended.  I just did a test and works fine with the Link I sent myself...  Anyways, most of the "bugs" have been fixed.   Basically, now you just click the link that was provided, if you choose to apply a coupon code of REFER20 when placing the order, it doesn't add any further discounts.   Previously, they had an issue with the system where it would double dip on the discount which shouldn't have happened.   I also noticed that the referrals that I get are $10 which is now broken (LOL), as I was getting $20 each time previous to the fix.

I was under the impression from this forum that new users could receive the $20 referral link discount in addition to the REFER20 promo code, making the first month cost $159.99.  I am reading multiple threads confirming this information, some from just a few weeks ago.

I just tried to send a referral link, and it still states the referrer and the referee both receive $20 off.

I guess we'll see what happens - I'll update this thread if I get any further info.

Thank you for the information!

(02-02-2020, 03:47 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: I had to call them to get my 20% discount and they manually refunded me. This was probably sometime last spring.

Thank you for sharing that.  Were you using both a referral link from a user AND a REFER20 code?
(02-02-2020, 04:12 PM)kevie Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 03:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, seems to be working as intended.  I just did a test and works fine with the Link I sent myself...  Anyways, most of the "bugs" have been fixed.   Basically, now you just click the link that was provided, if you choose to apply a coupon code of REFER20 when placing the order, it doesn't add any further discounts.   Previously, they had an issue with the system where it would double dip on the discount which shouldn't have happened.   I also noticed that the referrals that I get are $10 which is now broken (LOL), as I was getting $20 each time previous to the fix.

I was under the impression from this forum that new users could receive the $20 referral link discount in addition to the REFER20 promo code, making the first month cost $159.99.  I am reading multiple threads confirming this information, some from just a few weeks ago.

I just tried to send a referral link, and it still states the referrer and the referee both receive $20 off.

I guess we'll see what happens - I'll update this thread if I get any further info.

Thank you for the information!

(02-02-2020, 03:47 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: I had to call them to get my 20% discount and they manually refunded me. This was probably sometime last spring.

Thank you for sharing that.  Were you using both a referral link from a user AND a REFER20 code?

Currently I am with study.com.  I was able to get the cost at 179.00 ie 20 dollars off as a new user that had a referral link that a member here sent me. I was hoping to get it to $159, but the  coupon for the refer20 wouldnt not work.  Tried multiple times and finally just signed up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,342 Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,324 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,481 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,687 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 602 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  CalCampus giving up Regional Accreditation? GameSlinger 4 426 02-07-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Discount Codes ashkir 18 7,735 02-06-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,813 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly