Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com order of classes for computer science
Computer Science 105: Introduction to Operating Systems
Computer Science 302: Systems Analysis & Design
Computer Science 303: Database Management
Computer Science 306: Computer Architecture
Discrete Math

I'm getting ready to take these courses at Study.com, but I'm trying to figure out whether I should take a similar Saylor course first to prepare because it will be difficult to cram each course into two weeks.

Though, data structures may be coming, I can always pause the membership to avoid taking only one course in a one-month period.

Also, does anyone know if this coupon works for everyone http://www.finance.umich.edu/treasury/mc...t-studycom

Or is it better to have an affiliate code requested from a member here on the forum?
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
[-] The following 1 user Likes udi's post:
  • alab21
(03-22-2019, 04:16 PM)udi Wrote: Computer Science 105: Introduction to Operating Systems
Computer Science 302: Systems Analysis & Design
Computer Science 303: Database Management
Computer Science 306: Computer Architecture
Discrete Math

I'm getting ready to take these courses at Study.com, but I'm trying to figure out whether I should take a similar Saylor course first to prepare because it will be difficult to cram each course into two weeks.

Though, data structures may be coming, I can always pause the membership to avoid taking only one course in a one-month period.

Also, does anyone know if this coupon works for everyone http://www.finance.umich.edu/treasury/mc...t-studycom

Or is it better to have an affiliate code requested from a member here on the forum?

FYI, you can't pause the SDC subscription in the middle of your cycle. When you pause it begins at the end of the current monthly cycle. So you will lose the second free exam in the month if you don't use it.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
That coupon code (umichstudent) seems to work for 20% off the College Accelerator plan.  It even says that it's valid for three months.  "Discount: -20% for three months"

To compare, the referral codes are for 20% off the first month only.

I'm taking those courses as well. I scored in the 60's on the practice tests for Intro to Operating systems and Systems Analysis and Design and was able to complete all the quizzes for both of those courses in a week (with 100%). With 100% on the quizzes you only need 55% on the final exam or the final exam and project (Systems Analysis and Design has a 2000 word report). I am working as a full time student, 5-6 days a week. Database Management is going a bit slower for me.

I've also taken the Saylor Intro to Computer Science course.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ConqueringCollege's post:
  • udi
(03-23-2019, 09:25 AM)ConqueringCollege Wrote: That coupon code (umichstudent) seems to work for 20% off the College Accelerator plan.  It even says that it's valid for three months.  "Discount: -20% for three months"

To compare, the referral codes are for 20% off the first month only.

I'm taking those courses as well.  I scored in the 60's on the practice tests for Intro to Operating systems and Systems Analysis and Design and was able to complete all the quizzes for both of those courses in a week (with 100%).  With 100% on the quizzes you only need 55% on the final exam or the final exam and project (Systems Analysis and Design has a 2000 word report).  I am working as a full time student, 5-6 days a week.  Database Management is going a bit slower for me.

I've also taken the Saylor Intro to Computer Science course.
Thanks! That is invaluable.
OnlineDegree

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
I looking get a study plan for excelsior BSIT General concentration if someone has this info and cost, TESU is to expensive.
I read that you can transfer 117 credits to Excelsior is going to be less expensive than TESU.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(03-24-2019, 08:29 AM)gams007 Wrote: I looking get a study plan for excelsior BSIT General concentration if someone has this info and cost, TESU is to expensive.
I read that you can transfer 117 credits to Excelsior is going to be less expensive than TESU.

I also looked at that. Human Computer Interactive Design and Web Design and Development were the biggest question marks for me. There might be some other courses in there. Web Design and Development could probably be taken at a community college like in this example they have:

https://www.excelsior.edu/wp-content/upl...o_Tech.pdf

That pdf is from 2017.

Otherwise, if 'data structures' becomes available somewhere, you may just need the SOS-110 and capstone for TESU + the residency fee. Though some other courses like Intro to Programming and upper level course(s) have been troublesome for people. I'm not sure what you have already.

I'm dragging my feet a bit. At the same time, I don't want to wait for something to -- or not to -- happen. I may end up just transferring to WGU and eating whatever courses don't transfer. I don't mind because the computer science studies are something I want to ready about anyway.
OnlineDegree

Study

Saylor.org
(03-24-2019, 09:36 AM)udi Wrote:
(03-24-2019, 08:29 AM)gams007 Wrote: I looking get a study plan for excelsior BSIT General concentration if someone has this info and cost, TESU is to expensive.

I also looked at that. Human Computer Interactive Design and Web Design and Development were the biggest question marks for me. There might be some other courses in there. Web Design and Development could probably be taken at a community college like in this example they have:

That pdf is from 2017.

Otherwise, if 'data structures' becomes available somewhere, you may just need the SOS-110 and capstone for TESU + the residency fee. Though some other courses like Intro to Programming and upper level course(s) have been troublesome for people. I'm not sure what you have already.

I'm dragging my feet a bit. At the same time, I don't want to wait for something to -- or not to -- happen. I may end up just transferring to WGU and eating whatever courses don't transfer. I don't mind because the computer science studies are something I want to ready about  anyway.
For web design development i got this can be accepted 
https://www.coopersmithcc.net/product/dy...velopment/

In progress:
Completed:
(03-24-2019, 10:11 AM)gams007 Wrote:

That pdf is from 2017.

I'm dragging my feet a bit. At the same time, I don't want to wait for something to -- or not to -- happen. I may end up just transferring to WGU and eating whatever courses don't transfer. I don't mind because the computer science studies are something I want to ready about  anyway.
Oh, nice! Good to know.
OnlineDegree

Study

Saylor.org
(03-24-2019, 10:28 AM)udi Wrote:

That pdf is from 2017.

Oh, nice! Good to know.

I want to have eider BSIT or BACS but, BACS is ending to complicated to reach at a lower cost, im an international student so im looking for something i can afford.

In progress:
Completed:
(03-24-2019, 10:57 AM)gams007 Wrote:
(03-24-2019, 10:28 AM)udi Wrote:

That pdf is from 2017.

Oh, nice! Good to know.

I want to have eider BSIT or BACS but, BACS is ending to complicated to reach at a lower cost, im an international student so im looking for something i can afford.

I found some challenge exams to full fill the BSIT of Excelsior 
Human Computer Interactive Design & [i]Web Design and Development [/i]
Take a look at the list and you will see  Big Grin at a lower cost.
https://www.strayer.edu/admissions/earn-...lenge-Exam

In progress:
Completed:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,364 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,490 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,746 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 300 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 607 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,815 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue