Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com referral code
(12-20-2020, 10:52 AM)thepoetvd776 Wrote: Is there any way to just take 1 or 2 courses at STUDY.com and pay for them individually rather than getting the $200 a month plan

Also if anyone knows - I just applied at TESU, the counselor mentioned to sign up for a class for January. I asked if I could maybe take 1 class at TESU and still take other classes at STUDY. com etc, and then tranfer them in, she said no problem, but I wonder if I have it backwards and I should first try to get as many outside credits and the start with TESU.

No, you have to pay for the full monthly plan in order to take exams. You can pay for the lowest tier if you just want to use the videos to study, though.

Check the roadmap here for what TESU's policy changes mean: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap If you aren't going to be able to finish your degree by March 1st, don't sweat it and just roll with the new requirements. I would definitely recommend paying for (but not taking) the $50 Medical Terminology TECEP in order to become fully enrolled.

What degree are you seeking?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-20-2020, 11:06 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 10:52 AM)thepoetvd776 Wrote: Is there any way to just take 1 or 2 courses at STUDY.com and pay for them individually rather than getting the $200 a month plan

Also if anyone knows - I just applied at TESU, the counselor mentioned to sign up for a class for January. I asked if I could maybe take 1 class at TESU and still take other classes at STUDY. com etc, and then tranfer them in, she said no problem, but I wonder if I have it backwards and I should first try to get as many outside credits and the start with TESU.

No, you have to pay for the full monthly plan in order to take exams. You can pay for the lowest tier if you just want to use the videos to study, though.

Check the roadmap here for what TESU's policy changes mean: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap If you aren't going to be able to finish your degree by March 1st, don't sweat it and just roll with the new requirements. I would definitely recommend paying for (but not taking) the $50 Medical Terminology TECEP in order to become fully enrolled.

What degree are you seeking?

Thank you for the fast reply, I'm working on a BA in computer science. I just have 1 class done which was intro to psychology which transferred over to TESU so I'm trying to see what would be the best route for me. I didn't know that medical terminology TECEP trick. So by doing that i'm finally enrolled and then this would allow me to start being able to transfer over credits from Study.com?
(12-20-2020, 04:12 PM)thepoetvd776 Wrote: Thank you for the fast reply, I'm working on a BA in computer science. I just have 1 class done which was intro to psychology which transferred over to TESU so I'm trying to see what would be the best route for me. I didn't know that medical terminology TECEP trick. So by doing that i'm finally enrolled and then this would allow me to start being able to transfer over credits from Study.com?

Definitely don't use SDC for gen eds, ouch. SDC is way too expensive if you do it that way. Sophia is the way to go for most of it. Then use SDC for the AOS: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ience_Plan

Yes, if you pay for the Medical Terminology TECEP, that will fully enroll you and enable you to send unlimited transcripts (from SDC and elsewhere) over to TESU.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(12-20-2020, 04:19 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 04:12 PM)thepoetvd776 Wrote: Thank you for the fast reply, I'm working on a BA in computer science. I just have 1 class done which was intro to psychology which transferred over to TESU so I'm trying to see what would be the best route for me. I didn't know that medical terminology TECEP trick. So by doing that i'm finally enrolled and then this would allow me to start being able to transfer over credits from Study.com?

Definitely don't use SDC for gen eds, ouch. SDC is way too expensive if you do it that way. Sophia is the way to go for most of it. Then use SDC for the AOS: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ience_Plan

Yes, if you pay for the Medical Terminology TECEP, that will fully enroll you and enable you to send unlimited transcripts (from SDC and elsewhere) over to TESU.

OH ok got it. I'm going to look into Sophia then for those gen eds like you mentioned. I was browsing the TESUS classes and they have a couple of those TECEP. If by any chance you're familiar with it, how difficult is the English 1 TECEP? I see the cost is $150, which is great for 3 credits. I wonder if SOPHIA has something similar checking now .....
(12-20-2020, 04:54 PM)thepoetvd776 Wrote:

OH ok got it. I'm going to look into Sophia then for those gen eds like you mentioned. I was browsing the TESUS classes and they have a couple of those TECEP. If by any chance you're familiar with it, how difficult is the English 1 TECEP? I see the cost is $150, which is great for 3 credits. I wonder if SOPHIA has something similar checking now .....

Sophia has ALL your gen eds for $149 total, if you purchase before the 31st: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...live-again

Unfortunately, you would need RA credits (24 besides the capstone and cornerstone) too. The English Comp TECEP is a pretty fast way to get 3 of those credits out of the way. I've heard it's pretty easy but I haven't taken it myself. For the other RA credits, you could take more TECEPs or use TEL Learning (check out the roadmap on the wiki for suggested courses). Then fill out the rest of your gen eds with Sophia.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(12-20-2020, 04:59 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 04:54 PM)thepoetvd776 Wrote:

Sophia has ALL your gen eds for $149 total, if you purchase before the 31st: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...live-again

Unfortunately, you would need RA credits (24 besides the capstone and cornerstone) too. The English Comp TECEP is a pretty fast way to get 3 of those credits out of the way. I've heard it's pretty easy but I haven't taken it myself. For the other RA credits, you could take more TECEPs or use TEL Learning (check out the roadmap on the wiki for suggested courses). Then fill out the rest of your gen eds with Sophia.

Thank you so much for heads up. I went ahead and registered for the medical terminology tecep, and I signed up for SOPHIA with that great deal they have. Can't wait to start completing these courses. Your help and advice were incredible thank you once again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes thepoetvd776's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,225 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,348 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,597 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,442 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 746 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 363 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,902 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 590 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 312 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue