Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com referral code - how long?
(12-01-2018, 12:16 AM)coldseal Wrote: Is there a trick to getting the referral link to work? I was sent a referral from a member here, but the sign up page is still showing a $199 charge, and no mention of a 5 day free trial.

I am running into the same issue. I contacted support through their form and they said they are unaware of any 20% discount or 5 day trial. And tried to tell me to sign up for full cost now and if I don't like it within 30 days they'll refund. I responded with a copy of the referral email and they came back stating they see no valid account and I responded that I can't create an account since their system wants to charge me up front. Their response to that was the same canned 30 day message.
I just PM Study.com to see what they will say.  There may have been some changes made in the last month or system issues happening with their orders.  I did a test on Nov 30 and had the same results, did another test today with the exact same thing - no discount.

Here's the screenshot of a referral email from a fellow member here.

[Image: 7e2HrWa.jpg]

I fill in all the required info below:
What best describes you?  Student
What's your main goal?  Earn college credit
Email - You'll use this email to log in.
Create a password/password confirm
Enter details and phone number

[Image: xofd4sh.jpg]

Lewis.Yim Wrote:Hi Study.com,  

I noticed that there may have been some changes to the discount/trial options for Study.com
When people sign up now, there is no longer a 5-day trial but a 30-day trial where a credit card payment is required before the trial begins.

I have a question in regards to signing up with a referral link.  Does that still offer a 20% discount on the first month as it did before?  I just tested this out by getting a forum member to send me a link by email, when I sign up, it shows as $199 as the billing price.

I was wondering if there was a change, such as no longer offering a 5-day trial and discontinuing referrals or something along those lines.  This issue is being discussed in a thread already: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...e-how-long?

Thank you, Lewis.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
With the help of a member on this forum, I was told that a coupon code is suppose to be in the coupon box when you use the referral link, but mine did not, and it seems many others don't as well, but the code that you need to put in is REFER20. I got the 20% discount with that code used on the referral link sign up. I did not get the 5 free days like the email said, but I will call Monday and try to work that out.
TESU - BALS 114/120
(12-02-2018, 09:43 PM)coldseal Wrote: With the help of a member on this forum, I was told that a coupon code is suppose to be in the coupon box when you use the referral link, but mine did not, and it seems many others don't as well, but the code that you need to put in is REFER20. I got the 20% discount with that code used on the referral link sign up. I did not get the 5 free days like the email said, but I will call Monday and try to work that out.

hi, i'm just signing up. how do i get a referral link  ?
coldseal Wrote:With the help of a member on this forum, I was told that a coupon code is suppose to be in the coupon box when you use the referral link, but mine did not, and it seems many others don't as well, but the code that you need to put in is REFER20. I got the 20% discount with that code used on the referral link sign up. I did not get the 5 free days like the email said, but I will call Monday and try to work that out.

I see, so the hyperlink has all the info but the REFER20 code is missing in the link, it doesn't auto populate. Mystery solved! Thank you!

shendaddy Wrote:hi, i'm just signing up. how do i get a referral link  ?

I just replied to your PM, you need to send me your email address and I'll send you the link to sign up with, you need to do so through that link. In the coupon code area, you need to enter in REFER20 for that to work apparently.

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
(12-02-2018, 10:16 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote:
coldseal Wrote:With the help of a member on this forum, I was told that a coupon code is suppose to be in the coupon box when you use the referral link, but mine did not, and it seems many others don't as well, but the code that you need to put in is REFER20. I got the 20% discount with that code used on the referral link sign up. I did not get the 5 free days like the email said, but I will call Monday and try to work that out.

I see, so the hyperlink has all the info but the REFER20 code is missing in the link, it doesn't auto populate.  Mystery solved! Thank you!

shendaddy Wrote:hi, i'm just signing up. how do i get a referral link  ?

I just replied to your PM, you need to send me your email address and I'll send you the link to sign up with, you need to do so through that link.  In the coupon code area, you need to enter in REFER20 for that to work apparently.

ok, just did.. thanks !
Hi, I would like to give Study.com a try. Assuming they are still being accepted, would anyone be able to provide a referral code? Thanks!
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
Sure, pm me your email address and I’ll send he link to you. You sign up with the link and you get 20% off the first month and I get $10 referral credit for my exams. Make sure to enter in REFER20 into the coupon code field.

(03-02-2019, 10:57 AM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: Sure, pm me your email address and I’ll send he link to you.  You sign up with the link and you get 20% off the first month and I get $10 referral credit for my exams. Make sure to enter in REFER20 into the coupon code field.

Great, thank you!!
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
Anyone else have a referral code to spare? Also, to be clear, I'm offered a 30 day free trial when i go to the study.com website. So the 20% off the "first month" applies after the 30 days, correct?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,303 Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,322 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,479 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,677 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 602 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,811 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue