Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com test question
I was taking a Study.com exam and my son failed to follow the directions I gave him and came back into the house to get something. This caused the dogs to bark like crazy, he made a ton of noise, and I looked at him and mouthed "no - go away". Then he said "hi daddy!" and something along the lines of "are you still taking that test?". Ugh. Anyone know how they handle this? Did I just burn a test attempt? I tried calling but nobody answered and I left a message.

So upset. I'm not mad at him. With 4 kids it was bound to happen eventually. Just frustrated. Trying to get my 2 tests in this month before I leave on a cruise this weekend.
Aurelius Wrote:I was taking a Study.com exam and my son failed to follow the directions I gave him and came back into the house to get something. This caused the dogs to bark like crazy, he made a ton of noise, and I looked at him and mouthed "no - go away". Then he said "hi daddy!" and something along the lines of "are you still taking that test?". Ugh. Anyone know how they handle this? Did I just burn a test attempt? I tried calling but nobody answered and I left a message.

So upset. I'm not mad at him. With 4 kids it was bound to happen eventually. Just frustrated. Trying to get my 2 tests in this month before I leave on a cruise this weekend.

I've done TECEP's from home, and had all manner of husband, kids, parents, dogs - all walking around behind me, asking me questions - I just said "I'm taking a test, please go away" and so far TESU hasn't said a thing.

One proctor did ask me who that was, and when I answered, he just said "Ok". So I'm guessing this isn't out of the ordinary.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:I've done TECEP's from home, and had all manner of husband, kids, parents, dogs - all walking around behind me, asking me questions - I just said "I'm taking a test, please go away" and so far TESU hasn't said a thing.

One proctor did ask me who that was, and when I answered, he just said "Ok". So I'm guessing this isn't out of the ordinary.

It's a bit harder with the automated system at Study.com because you have to just wait and hope they don't disqualify you. I think it will be fine, though, the proctors know how difficult it is to truly have 2 hours of peace and quiet without any interruptions.
I wouldn't worry about it , I just recently took a test from Study.com and had my dog barking randomly throughout it. I didn't have any people come in or anything. I sure if they cant still verify you haven't cheated they wont bother you with it. Not if they came into the room telling you facts or formulas or whatever your test was on then I'd be worried. They review your test and make sure you are not cheating.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
I've had something similar happen while taking a test, I don't think it's a big deal. I wouldn't worry.
I too kinda freaked out about about being disqualified when I was taking an online proctored (not live, recorded) test and had a sibling open the door. I told my brother to leave and he did, then after I was done testing I called the organization to explain. It wasn't a problem at all. They know stuff happens and they can see on the recording that what went down wasn't malicious or cheating.
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia Spanish Touchstone Question JohnD 2 235 04-03-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,271 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,581 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,046 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 726 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 357 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,011 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Question Promo Codes, SL vs Sophia Breaachh 11 721 02-11-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Breaachh
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,893 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 579 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle