Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com
jsd Wrote:Both courses took me about 7-10 days, but I was going through a lot of the videos a day (I have a looong commute by train to work, so on my way back and forth I was constantly watching), so you might want to do it slower if you don't have as much time to fill as I do while travelling. The Abnormal Pysch class I had some background in, but really I think the videos alone are more than enough to get a solid grade. It's a much longer course than the Research course, though. Videos for both classes get repetitive, but I'm sure repetition helps many people learn best. The research methods touched on a lot of things that I remember hearing about in a Stats class I took, but it was long enough ago that I wouldn't have remembered any of that without the study.com videos so it was like going in blind. It was still fairly easy.

I didn't do anything special or outside studying beyond the videos and the quizzes. On the chapter tests, I got anywhere from 87-100%. As long as you have a good understanding of those concepts, you are more than prepared to pass. You won't get word-for-word questions from the quizzes/chapter tests on the final exams, but you won't see any "gotcha" questions or anything. It's all the same concepts.

Thanks so much! Sounds good. I hate those "gotcha" questions!! lol
[COLOR="#696969"][SIZE=2]BSBA Marketing Goal
Completed since starting on 2/20/16:
[INDENT]TECEP: Sales Management, English Comp I & II, Technical Writing (93%)
UExcel: Principles of Marketing LL
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of Marketing UL
Study.com: American Government, Intro to World Religions, Human Resource Management (91), Organizational Behavior
SL: Intro to Comm, Business Communication, Principles of Management, Accounting I & II, Managerial Accounting, Intro to Sociology, Business Law
Penn Foster: Financial Management (97%), Strategic Business Management
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Statistics
The Institutes: Insurance Ethics
TEEX: Cybersecurity for Everyone
Kaplan: PLA101, PLA102
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/INDENT]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CC '97: 6-10 GEN ED Credits
I have completed HIST of VIETNAM WAR and US HIST II and currently working on Education 101. I am enrolled at Excelsior and they accept the accredited courses.
I have had a good experience with study.com and recommend them to anyone looking to get some quick credits in a short amount of time. I'm not saying you can just show up and take the test, but if you go through the video's, take the quizzes and take the practice exam a few times, you'll be fine. The only grip is not getting your score right away for the final exam. The first test took about 4 days of waiting and the next was about 8 days. The first course took me about a week and the second about 2 weeks. They have a 5 day trial to test it out and see if its for you. I love the video's walking me through everything and it kept me on track knowing that I had 30 days to take two courses so I pushed myself to make sure I didn't waist my money.
I just wanted to share promo code "gostudy20" takes 20% off any membership. My first time using the site, be back in a month to comment on it.
CLEP - Introduction to Psychology, Introduction Sociology, Human Growth and Development, College Mathematics, Educational Psychology, Humanities
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Introduction to Statistic, TEEX: Cybersecurity for Everyone
Study.com - Intro to World Religion, Western Civilization 1, Western Civilization 2, Abnormal Psychology, Info Sys and Comp Apps, American Gov't, Social Psychology, Personal Finance,
melody75 Wrote:I just wanted to share promo code "gostudy20" takes 20% off any membership. My first time using the site, be back in a month to comment on it.

Thank you for that! Cool I already am enrolled in college accelerator and they accepted this promo towards the next month's billing!
For existing members: Go into Profile / Membership & Billing / Update Billing - scroll to bottom and add promo code. No need to actually change any billing info and it applies the coupon towards next invoice.
[COLOR="#696969"][SIZE=2]BSBA Marketing Goal
Completed since starting on 2/20/16:
[INDENT]TECEP: Sales Management, English Comp I & II, Technical Writing (93%)
UExcel: Principles of Marketing LL
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of Marketing UL
Study.com: American Government, Intro to World Religions, Human Resource Management (91), Organizational Behavior
SL: Intro to Comm, Business Communication, Principles of Management, Accounting I & II, Managerial Accounting, Intro to Sociology, Business Law
Penn Foster: Financial Management (97%), Strategic Business Management
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Statistics
The Institutes: Insurance Ethics
TEEX: Cybersecurity for Everyone
Kaplan: PLA101, PLA102
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/INDENT]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CC '97: 6-10 GEN ED Credits
...never mind...bad information.
Bachelor of Arts: Psychology - TESU (pending conferral)
120/120 units complete

SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
Anticipated Completion Date: 3/31/2019

Master of Human Resource Management - CSU Global
Start Date: 7/1/2019
Nodaclu Wrote:...never mind...bad information.

Actually, it looks like I was right to begin with...every time I try to enter the "gostudy20" coupon code, I receive the following:

"This coupon code is not valid for your current plan"

Anyone else running into this issue?
Bachelor of Arts: Psychology - TESU (pending conferral)
120/120 units complete

SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
Anticipated Completion Date: 3/31/2019

Master of Human Resource Management - CSU Global
Start Date: 7/1/2019
Nodaclu Wrote:Actually, it looks like I was right to begin with...every time I try to enter the "gostudy20" coupon code, I receive the following:

"This coupon code is not valid for your current plan"

Anyone else running into this issue?

Pretty sure has to be a new account. Use a different email address.
jsd Wrote:Just got word back from my Abnormal Pysch final exam -- 95%.

Very happy with the setup here, and I like how courses in similar fields all tie in to each other (for example, I found out I was 13% finished with my Research Methods course before I even started it, just by completing the Abnormal Psych course, as there is some overlap).

At least for this course, the material more than prepared you for the final. The final wasn't word-for-word from the content at all, but if you have an understanding of the overall concepts, you are definitely prepared. I'm very happy with it.

JSD,
If I was to take all 3 UL courses (Psychology 104: Social Psychology/PSY-370, Psychology 105: Research Methods in Psychology/PSY-322, Psychology 106: Abnormal Psychology/PSY-350), which order would you suggest? As they are course-numbered?
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
I didn't take soc pysch through them, and I took ab. psych before research methods without it seeming like an issue, but taking them in order probably makes the most sense.

I say that because they share some lessons. After I finished ab. pysch, some of the video I watched in research methods would already be marked complete, and I'd remember the info and the quiz was the a good refresher without having to watch the whole lesson. I imagine doing in order gives you the full benefit of that setup.

That being said, it you prefer a different order, I don't think you'd be negatively impacted. The lessons prepare you regardless.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Hi!

Were you able to get the code to work for you? I keep running into the same error. Thanks so much!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 439 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 272 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 762 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 379 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,117 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,351 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
  No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith? qiaoyiren 10 2,342 04-12-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Crash Course's Study Hall quigongene 4 952 01-25-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study Together Validity + Benefits Stacie 0 426 07-26-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Stacie
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,080 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM