Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer 2021 Session 1 Updates
Like we did for the Spring Session 2 Updates, let's do another thread for everyone learning on UMPI's YourPace for the summer school session of Summer 2021 Session 1!

Summer 2 Session will be between May 10, 2021 and end on July 2, 2021. If you haven't signed up for UMPI yet the deadline for the next session will be June 21st to join us on July 5th in session 2 for the summer. 

This is meant to be a gross general topic about anything relating to UMPI for Summer Session 1 Students.
  • What classes are you taking?
  • How are you feeling?
  • Any classes causing frustration?
  • What did you pass?
  • What are you learning?
  • What are you doing?
Share your experience with our forum so future students and UMPI's staff that reads this forum can see how we feel! 

Keep us updated on Your Pace.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • rachel83az
Well because of the positive experiences with UMPI, I decided to transfer from TESU to UMPI. TESU, I only had five clasees left in order to graduate with a BSBA Accounting. I start my journey tomorrow with the Summer session 1. My first two classes are English Comp 1 and Spreadsheet Applications. My goal is the BA Accounting.
[-] The following 2 users Like mrpower's post:
  • ashkir, rachel83az
(05-09-2021, 05:32 PM)mrpower Wrote: Well because of the positive experiences with UMPI, I decided to transfer from TESU to UMPI. TESU, I only had five clasees left in order to graduate with a BSBA Accounting. I start my journey tomorrow with the Summer session 1. My first two classes are English Comp 1 and Spreadsheet Applications. My goal is the BA Accounting.

If you find yourself struggling with any class, please reach out to your professor. All of the professors I had at UMPI, we wonderful to work with and were very responsive. This wasn't my experience at other schools. The professors at UMPI actually teach on campus as well so they're not just adjunct professors who are teaching 1 class at a bunch of different online schools which was my experience at the school I was attending prior to UMPI. I had many of the business professors and they were very helpful. One professor had an hour long Zoom meeting with me on Christmas Eve to help me with my project when I was stuck. I still can't believe he worked with me on a holiday. Good luck!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • ashkir
mrpower, I would just apply at UMPI and see where these courses go into their degree plan, you essentially have 30 credits at minimum to take at UMPI. Once you have an evaluation, you can plan the remaining courses, either complete them at UMPI if they're cheaper/easier/faster or take the remaining LL @Sophia.org and UL @Study.com if you require more than the required minimum.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ashkir
Already applied and start tomorrow. There was a bit of difference with what was accepted at UMPI compared to TESU. I did knock out a few other classes with Sophia and SDC while waiting for the session to start. When all said and done I will probably have around 170 credits completed upon graduation. So far it has been a great experience working with UMPI.
Completed -
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-calculus, Intro to Statistics
Straighterline - Accounting I, Accounting II, Microbiology, Intermediate Accounting I, Business Law, Principles of Management
Business Law, Micro and Macro Economics, Intro to Anthropology
Shmoop - US History I, US History II, Modern European History, Holocaust Lit, Modernist Lit, Intro Poetry
Study.com Intro to Marketing, History of Vietnam, Personal Finance, Intro to Computers, Intro to Computer Info Systems
The Institutes: Ethics (Free one)
Kaplan PLA
NFA x 2
TEEX Cybersecurity (All)
Developing Effective Teams

Next up -
Study.com

Goal -
TESU BSBA Accounting
[-] The following 1 user Likes mrpower's post:
  • ashkir
I had a bit of a slow start last session with 3 classes completed at UMPI and 2 completed at SDC. Work has been ridiculous (I’ve been working 12-16hr days) and finding the time to get in a lot of classwork has been tough. Goal is to finish in the next 1-2 sessions. I have 7 classes left Ready for the upcoming session and now that I have a feel for the setup hoping I can buckle down and at least get 5 classes down this session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 2 users Like oroseeo's post:
  • ashkir, rachel83az
Completing 5 classes while working 12-16 hour days is amazing! I hope that you're able to meet your goals. It definitely sounds like you've got the drive and determination to do so.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • oroseeo
Hey guys! I've been MIA for awhile. I have 9 classes to finish with UMPI to get my BAS, and I'm DETERMINED to get it done in the 1st summer session. But I am signed up for both session 1 and 2. I'm KIND of looking at doing the MAOL, but have no clue what I'd do with it lol.
Pierpont AAS BOG - Graduated 5/7/21
UMPI BAS minor in management- Graduated 6/1/2021
WGU MSML- Starting 7/1/21
[-] The following 2 users Like adegree4me's post:
  • rachel83az, ss20ts
(05-10-2021, 10:37 AM)adegree4me Wrote: Hey guys! I've been MIA for awhile. I have 9 classes to finish with UMPI to get my BAS, and I'm DETERMINED to get it done in the 1st summer session. But I am signed up for both session 1 and 2. I'm KIND of looking at doing the MAOL, but have no clue what I'd do with it lol.

What degree are you referring to as a BAS?
Hey everyone! I started my MAOL today! The class so far feels like an upper level class, just with a stricter rubric! My professor is Professor Wickramasinghe. Data-Driven Decision-Making and Planning is the class name. I will have to do a 4500 word essay plus a five page bibliography. There are also 12 milestones.

The milestones are rather simple, but, you must refer to the final the entire time. Each milestone becomes your outline basically.
[-] The following 3 users Like ashkir's post:
  • Novo, rachel83az, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,429 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 850 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace Catalog Summer 2023 grogers14 20 6,589 01-17-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Summer II waiting for conferral Mcroberson 15 890 09-24-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Mcroberson
  Will all the courses be offered every session? sdw1243 2 420 08-29-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can't start this session, super bummed.. lllunchbox 13 1,018 08-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Upcoming Session wj123 3 450 08-17-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: wj123
  Fall 2021 Session 2 -- What is YOURPace? ashkir 140 14,527 08-03-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: thestudyguy
  Dean's List for Summer Session? klone 2 408 07-18-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  2023 SUMMER 1 COHORT - CHAT LakeMomNY 42 3,495 07-06-2023, 09:22 AM
Last Post: lumina