Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer 2021 Session 2 -- What is YOURPace?
Hi! Does anyone know what InstantCerts Business Ethics transfers over to Sophia? Asking for a friend.

TIA!
(07-19-2021, 12:35 AM)Lupeb Wrote: Hi! Does anyone know what InstantCerts Business Ethics transfers over to Sophia? Asking for a friend.

TIA!

You can't transfer courses to Sophia. Do you mean UMPI not Sophia?
(07-19-2021, 11:39 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 12:35 AM)Lupeb Wrote: Hi! Does anyone know what InstantCerts Business Ethics transfers over to Sophia? Asking for a friend.

TIA!

I definitely meant UMPI ??‍♀️??‍♀️. So sorry! I was having a moment. LOL
(07-19-2021, 07:32 PM)Lupeb Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 11:39 AM)ss20ts Wrote:

TIA!

I definitely meant UMPI ??‍♀️??‍♀️. So sorry! I was having a moment. LOL

Hopefully someone who took this courses sees your post. I just checked in my student account for the transfer equivalencies but did not see anything from InstantCert. I do know people have transferred courses in from InstantCert though. I wonder if it was under a different name. Maybe start a new thread so this topic will be seen by many people not just those reading this thread which is not about InstantCert transferring to UMPI.
(07-12-2021, 12:45 AM)ashkir Wrote: BUS 469 is one I did. It's basically the "capstone" for the BABA. The final was about 20 pages, I did mine on Tesla's communication. We had to build a "corporate handbook" with 15 fresh academic sources.

A ton of quizzes. Good professor.

Out of curiosity, did you take Bus 353 (Legal & Ethical Environment of Business)? I just submitted my draft for my fourth class and I can't decide whether to take Bus 469 or Bus 353. The topics for both seem interesting, but I'm adding a minor and depending on how quickly I finish the rest of the classes I plan to take this summer, I will only have time for one of the two. Any input would be great, thanks!
(07-20-2021, 09:06 PM)nmnyc11 Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 12:45 AM)ashkir Wrote: BUS 469 is one I did. It's basically the "capstone" for the BABA. The final was about 20 pages, I did mine on Tesla's communication. We had to build a "corporate handbook" with 15 fresh academic sources.

Out of curiosity, did you take Bus 353 (Legal & Ethical Environment of Business)? I just submitted my draft for my fourth class and I can't decide whether to take Bus 469 or Bus 353. The topics for both seem interesting, but I'm adding a minor and depending on how quickly I finish the rest of the classes I plan to take this summer, I will only have time for one of the two. Any input would be great, thanks!

Hi! I have done 353 AND 469. I personally felt that 469 was easier, but the grading took a lot longer. 469 was an easier final to be honest, at least, personally for me.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
(07-20-2021, 10:06 PM)ashkir Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 09:06 PM)nmnyc11 Wrote:

Hi! I have done 353 AND 469. I personally felt that 469 was easier, but the grading took a lot longer. 469 was an easier final to be honest, at least, personally for me.

Thanks so much! I think I'm leaning towards that one too. 

* P.S. I'm really enjoying your updates, so I'm glad you're posting them again. Have a good night and stay safe!
OLS 540 Organizational Theory and Behavior - I am stuck on the Concept Map right now. I'm having a bit of a back and go with the professor. I really like this professor she's super awesome and incredibly smart. But, this one concept I'm having a very hard time grasping, because none of the content led up to this. The way the concept map is asked for is the complete opposite of how my business does it, how I've seen it done in educational courses, or how I've seen other businesses do it. It's very strange. I made a super complex one and I was told it was good but, too brad, so now I need to narrow it down. So I did that. But now I was told there's not enough central connections. So, apparently it's more of a brain storming map I guess? I'm stuck here... and I'm stuck on a video where I have to make a visual aid and talk about it for 10 minutes, and the visual aid is limited to 1 slide and point.

OLS 640 I haven't heard anything from this professor yet, but the content is interesting. But, I feel like the milestones are asking for more than the content provides. They're simple, but, I'm basically having to repeat myself multiple times just to hit his word limit, without using the word "i" to describe personal experiences. Now I have to make an action plan that's an essay \o/ wth...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • ss20ts
(07-20-2021, 11:24 PM)ashkir Wrote: OLS 540 Organizational Theory and Behavior - I am stuck on the Concept Map right now. I'm having a bit of a back and go with the professor. I really like this professor she's super awesome and incredibly smart. But, this one concept I'm having a very hard time grasping, because none of the content led up to this. The way the concept map is asked for is the complete opposite of how my business does it, how I've seen it done in educational courses, or how I've seen other businesses do it. It's very strange. I made a super complex one and I was told it was good but, too brad, so now I need to narrow it down. So I did that. But now I was told there's not enough central connections. So, apparently it's more of a brain storming map I guess? I'm stuck here... and I'm stuck on a video where I have to make a visual aid and talk about it for 10 minutes, and the visual aid is limited to 1 slide and point.

OLS 640 I haven't heard anything from this professor yet, but the content is interesting. But, I feel like the milestones are asking for more than the content provides. They're simple, but, I'm basically having to repeat myself multiple times just to hit his word limit, without using the word "i" to describe personal experiences. Now I have to make an action plan that's an essay \o/ wth...

Oh my gosh you're still on that map? It really seems like there's a lack of instructions for the map which is odd. What can you talk about for 10 minutes on 1 slide?
(07-21-2021, 09:56 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 11:24 PM)ashkir Wrote: OLS 540 Organizational Theory and Behavior - I am stuck on the Concept Map right now. I'm having a bit of a back and go with the professor. I really like this professor she's super awesome and incredibly smart. But, this one concept I'm having a very hard time grasping, because none of the content led up to this. The way the concept map is asked for is the complete opposite of how my business does it, how I've seen it done in educational courses, or how I've seen other businesses do it. It's very strange. I made a super complex one and I was told it was good but, too brad, so now I need to narrow it down. So I did that. But now I was told there's not enough central connections. So, apparently it's more of a brain storming map I guess? I'm stuck here... and I'm stuck on a video where I have to make a visual aid and talk about it for 10 minutes, and the visual aid is limited to 1 slide and point.

Oh my gosh you're still on that map? It really seems like there's a lack of instructions for the map which is odd. What can you talk about for 10 minutes on 1 slide?
Yeah! I'm still on it!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 292 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 283 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 4 176 04-19-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 750 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,615 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 331 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,692 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  Yourpace admissions emcube 3 393 02-22-2024, 12:33 AM
  Commencement question (YourPace) rrrr 4 343 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 940 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM